Ads In the Middle of Posts

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's up with that?

Seems if there's a long and/or popular post there's an ad smack bang in the middle of it.

Pretty annoying, TBH.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's up with that?

Seems if there's a long and/or popular post there's an ad smack bang in the middle of it.

Pretty annoying, TBH.
Google brother. They are an ad machine. That's how they make their money. It's got nothing to do with thekennel specifically, but the forum software we use for the forum - they are the ones who control it.

For this reason, we are no longer allowed to post picture of women in bikinis on this forum... because Google will get wind of it. Isn't that right @Mr Invisible?

By the way... this is the ad I'm getting on this thread. No idea what it's got to do with anything lol.

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Google brother. They are an ad machine. That's how they make their money. It's got nothing to do with thekennel specifically, but the forum software we use for the forum - they are the ones who control it.

For this reason, we are no longer aloud to post picture of women in bikinis on this forum... because Google will get wind of it. Isn't that right @Mr Invisible?

By the way... this is the ad I'm getting on this thread. No idea what it's got to do with anything lol.
Stopped reading after this.

My rispuct for you has duminished

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Stopped reading after this.

My rispuct for you has duminished
Allowed - my apologies sir. I've been up since 3am... I'm sure you can cut me some slack :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot and post of what you are talking about. Ads shouldn't be appearing mid post, but will appear often between 1st and second post. It's worse on a mobile browser.

For this reason, we are no longer allowed to post picture of women in bikinis on this forum... because Google will get wind of it. Isn't that right @Mr Invisible?

Sendgrid are transactional/email marketing company. I've used them before... Good blokes!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen that. I get adverts in the middle of threads but not posts.

I also have been getting a lot of scam adverts saying stuff like, "this is not a scam, you have won $100 million dollars, click here" but I keep forgetting to report them.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I get a lot of advertising which panders to Asians.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get a lot of advertising which panders to Asians.
What do the ads say?

"size doesn't matter", "you drive perfectly fine" and "you're right, that is too expensive"?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But at home I get adverts for office supplies and Volvo's.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot and post of what you are talking about. Ads shouldn't be appearing mid post, but will appear often between 1st and second post. It's worse on a mobile browser.

Sendgrid are transactional/email marketing company. I've used them before... Good blokes!
Here's one example.

Screenshot_20190214-133612_Chrome.jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have you bought tickets yet?

Is that on PC/IOS/Android? What platform and browser?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marcia Hines, can't wait...

Android, google Chrome. It's all I ever browse on.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I use HTC Internet (via Android) on my phone (when posting from mobile) and I have seen a similar issue before (infact it's worse because you have top and bottom banner ads as well). But never tried really through Chrome.

Let me know if it's any different now you have Premium Membership.

It's meant to give you less ads, but I've never seen it work.

I suppose you could also try adblock plus.

Reactions: K E

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I use HTC Internet (via Android) on my phone (when posting from mobile) and I have seen a similar issue before (infact it's worse because you have top and bottom banner ads as well). But never tried really through Chrome.

Let me know if it's any different now you have Premium Membership.

It's meant to give you less ads, but I've never seen it work.

I suppose you could also try adblock plus.
The forum complained to me when I had AdBlock plus installed. Aside from that the dogs official website wouldn't let me watch videos. I'm expecting ads to be printed on toilet paper soon. They're creeping into everything.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The forum complained to me when I had AdBlock plus installed. Aside from that the dogs official website wouldn't let me watch videos. I'm expecting ads to be printed on toilet paper soon. They're creeping into everything.
Ahhh bugger.

I know I've mentioned to @Nash about the ads in the past, but I thought it was resolved.

As far as I know there should be a top and a bottom ad, and one under the first post. But sometimes (e.g mobile) the ads can go a bit wierd.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahhh bugger.

I know I've mentioned to @Nash about the ads in the past, but I thought it was resolved.

As far as I know there should be a top and a bottom ad, and one under the first post. But sometimes (e.g mobile) the ads can go a bit wierd.
I pretty much just use the phone to browse lately. At least my new phone automatically reduces the data chewed up on many sites. My old phone used to suffer internet crashes on the kennel daily.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I use Brave browser, no ads.

Also use duckduckgo as my search engine because fuck Google.