News Dogs hook into player market

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have highlighted the hooker role as a priority in recruitment for 2020, identifying three potential targets for next season.

The club has begun making enquiries with Cronulla’s Blayke Brailey, St George Illawarra’s Reece Robson and Wests Tigers rake Jacob Liddle.

All three players are off contract at the end of 2019, while current hooker Michael Lichaa is also on the final year of his deal with Canterbury.

The Sharks are desperate to keep Brailey, but his older brother Jayden is the starting hooker and is contracted until the end of 2020.

It is expected both brothers will work in tandem for John Morris’s side this year, with Blayke tipped to make his Telstra Premiership debut following the departure of James Segeyaro.

The Dragons have a huge opinion of Robson, who was picked by Mal Meninga in the Prime Minister’s XIII team that played in Papua New Guinea last year. However Cameron McInnes appears to have a mortgage on the St George Illawarra No.9 jersey.

The Tigers want to hold on to Liddle, with Robbie Farah likely to hang up the boots at the end of the season.

The Bulldogs are starting to free up some money in the salary cap and the No.9 role is deemed a vital cog in their recruitment plans for 2020 and beyond.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/13/melbourne-storm-plan-switch-for-cameron-smith-to-spark-attack/

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully not Tigers Hooker lidell, Brailey would be great . Isn’t it ironic we get the the sharks up and coming hooker version 2

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ryan Gray in our lower grades is looking better than all of them. Zac Hetherington looks sharp as well.

With Farah retiring end of this year, Tigers will retain Liddle. The Sharts will retain both Brailey brothers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blayke Brailey has been offered a contract at the Eels apparently.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still spewing that we lost Cook.

I get stomach cramps when I see him carving it up in other colours.
To this day I still do not understand how a coach can see a player carving up in first grade the way Cook did in 2015 and not offering him a contract.
For me that was the last straw with Des. How on earth can you not re-sign a player that was performing so well on the field like that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Blayke Brailey has been offered a contract at the Eels apparently.
That's fucked... watch Titans get Robson, Eels get Brailey and Flanagan (with dad to eventually coach them) and we will end up getting stuck with Liddle ffs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan (sorry Cogger, mates with Blayke we need all the help in luring the gun #9)
9. Brailey
Would be a fucking mint spine

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To this day I still do not understand how a coach can see a player carving up in first grade the way Cook did in 2015 and not offering him a contract.
For me that was the last straw with Des. How on earth can you not re-sign a player that was performing so well on the field like that.
my last straw with des started in 2015 also.. so hard to pick one definitive moment in 2015 though... but cook was right up there

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my last straw with des started in 2015 also.. so hard to pick one definitive moment in 2015 though... but cook was right up there
I stuck up for Des so much in 2013 & 2014, but by 2015 I just couldn't stick up for him anymore.
Some decisions he made regarding the way we played, player retention & recruitment were no brainer decisions and he would just do the opposite.
I honestly felt sometimes he would make the worst decisions just to piss us off, it was like an ego thing.
He sabotaged our club mate! And dib would just sit there and watch it happen...and please don't let me start on Castle.
What a nightmare time it ws for the club. It was the first time in my life I hated watching us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as we get one of those 3 it would be a big upgrade on what we have right now. I’m sure if the club is clever enough they will get their man so to speak. At Least the search has begun.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem was unfortunately Des,, didn’t fancy cook. Didn’t matter how good he was just not Hasler’s type. I was spewing as well when they let him go. Idiots

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan Gray in our lower grades is looking better than all of them. Zac Hetherington looks sharp as well.

With Farah retiring end of this year, Tigers will retain Liddle. The Sharts will retain both Brailey brothers.
Lets hope they fast track him. Isp next year and in development squad or top 30 instead of another year in u20. Give him a few nrl games as well.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Brailey or Robson sure! Fuck no to liddle

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
wait for Liccha to absolutely kill it in the last 3 games of the year.