The Formula One Thread

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even as a huge dan the man fan, max just unfortunately had his measure, faster in qualifying and faster in the race. On top of that, neither mercedes nor ferrari wanted him so i don't think he was left with much choice in the end, either play second fiddle to max and watch his stocks drop dramatically or go for a change with renault and just pray they somehow get not only their car right but also the power unit. I promise ya one thing, it won't happen in this formula which ends in 2020 and also the same time his new renault contract expires.
Dan was given some pretty shit cars with big mechanical issues when both cars on road youll find dan schooled max,no doubt max will be a star though

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dan was given some pretty shit cars with big mechanical issues when both cars on road youll find dan schooled max,no doubt max will be a star though
Honestly it didn't happen like that, it truly is nothing but a cop out. Max had the same problems in 2017, unfortunately it was dan's turn last year. Max was ahead of dan nearly every single time his car broke down in a race and poor dan got destroyed in qualifying (even he admits this, you can't argue the numbers anyway). I only missed 1 race last season, with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 races, max was just plain faster, anyone that didn't see this was either not watching or truly has the bias goggles on. I don't wanna argue with people and take max's side because i like dan, in fact if it wasn't for dan i don't know if i would even bother watching F1 anymore, you gotta call a spade a spade though.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
That whole rich energy thing is weird.

• If I was haas I’d be getting my money up front

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
dans new machine, sfa diff from last seasons livery, hope they fixed that boat anchor in the back and made some aero improvements for him.

Reactions: GDR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Renault could have done so much better. That said it was a nice looking car last year.

I would be checking if any of pablo escobar's family is on any paperwork, both companies sound like a good money laundering front :grinning:
Reminds me of Pastor Maldonado being sponsored by country owned oil provider. Country started descending into chaos and suddenly the "oh shit people might know what we are doing with their money" situation happened.

Suddenly no more sponsorship and no more Pastor.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't mind the look of the Renault .. Yellow is their colour and must be incorporated into their look and I think they did it tastefully.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So the Renault is actually their 2018 car with front and rear wings changed.

Renault have admitted to Autosport that they are way behind on the actual RS.19 and are struggling to have it done for shakedown (as they spent too long in development).

Upcoming launches:
February 13 Mercedes Silverstone, UK
February 13 Red Bull To be confirmed
February 13 Racing Point Toronto, Canada
February 14 McLaren McLaren Technology Centre
February 15 Ferrari Maranello, Italy
February 18 Alfa Romeo Barcelona, Spain

Only 24 hrs till we see if Racing Point drop the ugliest car on the grid.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So the Renault is actually their 2018 car with front and rear wings changed.

Renault have admitted to Autosport that they are way behind on the actual RS.19 and are struggling to have it done for shakedown (as they spent too long in development).
If that is the case they are going to be going backwards this season. You got haas with the ferrari B car, torro rosso with the redbull b car, McLaren surely will improve this year and racing point have finances once again. I really hope Renault are just playing themselves down, i don't expect them to catch the fizzy drink this year but would be good to see them at-least half the gap or something like that.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m liking the new look and color. Agree yellow will always form part of look. Predominate black gives a meaner look but still prefer the early 2000’s 50% blue /yellow combo.

That said – I am a Dan fan. Best thing his done for mine was to move. 8 retirements last year as a result of some shitty unreliable car was enough. Straight line speed - no way. He is a proven race winner. Even with this he still managed to snatch a few podiums including 2 wins. The Hulk and Dan together should lift the performance of team. The team has improved since its return to F1 in 2016

Can wait to they take control of the car next week and put it through its paces. Time will tell. Looking forward to 2019 race calendar. Aspiration - we will give RBR a run for their money.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what teams are going to unveil their new car with the Aero that will be using at Melbourne.. this is F1 we are talking about remember..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The stance on the RS18/19 hybrid is all wrong too. Definitely haven't used the 2019 intended suspension, and I suspect maybe it's a smart ploy by Renault.

Use a 18/1 hybrid to show the livery, delay as long as possible the release of the 2019 car, and then release at the last minute and catch the other teams out.

I have a feeling (like the Dogs), that the Renault is going to suprise some people next year. Be interesting to see if they try to take on the top speed of the Mercedes, or the cornering prowess of the Red Bulls.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
we have the 2019 WDC and WCC unveiled now, livery looks crap imho but the thing will dominate again unfortunately.

*edit:

on track it actually looks way better than the above pics, i take back what i said:

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The new honda redbull, they said it is a special livery, not sure if they mean it is going to be used all season long or just a promotional thing for the unveil? i think it looks very average. *edit yep it is a one off livery

Reactions: GDR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This whole livery thing ... teams are taking the piss and making a joke out of it. Cars not ready, previous years cars used, copy and paste liveries from previous years, digital renders, fake liveries.

Red Bull who knows what it'll look like. Merc looks better on track that's for sure. I wonder if they've used special paint for wind/rain resistance and weight reduction.

We all know what this means though.... Racing Point is up next :D ... Come on guys ... worst on the grid .. you can do it!!!
Live reveal here at 1:30AM Aus EST:

Colour swatches on email suggest pastel light pink, darker pink, and a teal colour.

Fingers crossed Alfa, Ferrari and McLaren knock our socks off. If Ferrari go darker red with gunmetal striping it could be amazing.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This whole livery thing ... teams are taking the piss and making a joke out of it. Cars not ready, previous years cars used, copy and paste liveries from previous years, digital renders, fake liveries.

Red Bull who knows what it'll look like. Merc looks better on track that's for sure. I wonder if they've used special paint for wind/rain resistance and weight reduction.

We all know what this means though.... Racing Point is up next :D ... Come on guys ... worst on the grid .. you can do it!!!
Live reveal here at 1:30AM Aus EST:

Colour swatches on email suggest pastel light pink, darker pink, and a teal colour.

Fingers crossed Alfa, Ferrari and McLaren knock our socks off. If Ferrari go darker red with gunmetal striping it could be amazing.
Yeah agree, the teams are making a mockery of it all, but this is what happens when the idiots have a knee jerk reaction after one race at the notoriously hard to overtake Aussie GP. These new changes should not have happened until the new formula in 2021.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the red Bull ..as for racing point, is pink part of their sponsorship deal ?? yuk..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the red Bull ..as for racing point, is pink part of their sponsorship deal ?? yuk..
Yeah the pink is from BWT, not sure what pink has to do with water management but they demand the pink on other cars they sponsor in different categories as well.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the pink is from BWT, not sure what pink has to do with water management but they demand the pink on other cars they sponsor in different categories as well.
its possibly a ploy to stand out .. that they have achieved in bucket loads, but for all the wrong reasons...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Racing MuskStick or Racing Lipstick ... I can't decide which one.

Definitely contending with Williams for "shittiest livery on the grid", I just hope McLaren/Ferrari/Alfa don't have a crack at that title.

On the topic of questionable sponsors, Racing Points new sponsor is ... wait for it.... a Kenyan based betting company! LOL they just get stranger and stranger this year.

Also you can tour the ForceIndia Racing Point F1 Factory: http://racing-point-production.eu-west-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/hospitality/racing-point-factory-tours