Official A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Members,

As we move closer to the start of the 2019 season I thought it was an opportune time to keep you updated on club issues and share with you some of the changes that have taken place at the Bulldogs that we believe will be of enormous benefit as we look to return to being the benchmark club in the NRL.

We needed to start off by addressing some key areas that had to be fixed.

Firstly, we promised to finalise the contractual dispute between our former coach and the club and we did this, bringing the matter to a close in early May. In doing so I believe we reached an agreement that showed respect for both parties and was the right thing to do.

We then needed to turn our attention to the challenges that we inherited around the salary cap. This meant making some tough decisions, but in the knowledge that they were in the best long-term interests of the club. In making these decisions I believe that we showed those players involved the dignity and respect that they deserved.

In football terms the end of the season offered much hope for the future.

Our NRL side finished the season strongly, winning four of their final six games, and we all saw the emergence of some exciting youngsters who will form the nucleus of our side going forward.

Our Intrust Super Premiership team had a superb season, winning not only the Grand Final, but going a step further to take out the Interstate Challenge against the Redcliffe Dolphins from Queensland on a memorable afternoon at ANZ Stadium before this year’s Grand Final.

We also saw positive signs for the future with our SG Ball team making their Grand Final, while our Jersey Flegg and Harold Matthews sides both made their respective Finals series. This was backed up by the development of our Women’s teams with both the Harvey Norman and Tarsha Gale sides performing strongly.

To make sure that we continue to develop our football department, we have appointed some of the best individuals currently working in the game.

We brought back former Kangaroo Strength and Conditioning Coach Tony Ayoub to become the new Manager of High Performance, while complementing our Player Welfare area, by appointing Yvette Davey to the new role of Player Engagement Coordinator, focussing on the well-being of players, wives and families within our Top 30 squad. In addition, we welcomed back former Bulldog Mark Hughes, to strengthen our recruitment area and work alongside the experienced Warren McDonnell. We have also strengthened our medical team by bringing in highly credentialed former Kangaroos Doctor David Givney to oversee all of our injury and recovery processes.

Off the field we have spent a great deal of time reviewing our connection with the Junior League, which resulted in the appointment of Nathan Mairleitner as our new Manager for the local area, in addition to addressing the importance of the country system by forming a partnership with the Far North Coast that will see the Bulldogs provide resources and assistance to rugby league in that area.

We have also worked hard on the governance of the club, establishing sub committees for football, business development, finance, audit and risk, in addition to developing a forward thinking Strategic Plan for the club that will have our family culture at the heart of everything we do.

In addition to our overall governance improvements, the Members will be aware that the Board is proposing changes to the constitution which will remove proxy voting to be replaced with postal voting. This will allow individual Members to have their voice on board elections recorded.

The resolution to appoint the NSW Electoral Commissioner as the Returning Officer will again further strengthen the integrity of the process.

In closing I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support of our great club and to issue an invitation to attend the upcoming AGM which will be on:

SUNDAY 17 FEBRUARY starting at 10am in the Paragon Room at the Canterbury League Club

We encourage all members to be there and to take the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions around how we as a club can make improvements. As we said when we took over as a Board it is vital that there is honesty and transparency around everything that we do and we value your feedback as we strive to continue to find ways to improve.

Thanks again for your passion and support for the club.

It is what makes us special.

Lynne Anderson

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow definitely formalising the voting process then, as that means NSW EC might get involved in processing the AGM votes in future.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice succinct messaging from Lynne to the fans/voters, I think we’re on the right track and in good hands.

And if we can’t unearth some serious talent with M.Hughes and McDonnell working together, I’ll give it away.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s essential that there are no blurred lines as we move forward

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad to see the current board trying to restore some integrity to the voting process and improve the club.

Would be nice to see some of the people who said the sky was falling in, there's be no sponsors, no third party deals and all the rest acknowledge none of that happened and the change was positive.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Again been a member since I moved out of home bar 1 year I missed over seas.

If anyone can help me become a member of the actual club (thing I need current member to support) id appreciate it! Drop me a line

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Again been a member since I moved out of home bar 1 year I missed over seas.

If anyone can help me become a member of the actual club (thing I need current member to support) id appreciate it! Drop me a line
@Steve M

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Members,

As we move closer to the start of the 2019 season I thought it was an opportune time to keep you updated on club issues and share with you some of the changes that have taken place at the Bulldogs that we believe will be of enormous benefit as we look to return to being the benchmark club in the NRL.

We needed to start off by addressing some key areas that had to be fixed.

Firstly, we promised to finalise the contractual dispute between our former coach and the club and we did this, bringing the matter to a close in early May. In doing so I believe we reached an agreement that showed respect for both parties and was the right thing to do.

We then needed to turn our attention to the challenges that we inherited around the salary cap. This meant making some tough decisions, but in the knowledge that they were in the best long-term interests of the club. In making these decisions I believe that we showed those players involved the dignity and respect that they deserved.

In football terms the end of the season offered much hope for the future.

Our NRL side finished the season strongly, winning four of their final six games, and we all saw the emergence of some exciting youngsters who will form the nucleus of our side going forward.

Our Intrust Super Premiership team had a superb season, winning not only the Grand Final, but going a step further to take out the Interstate Challenge against the Redcliffe Dolphins from Queensland on a memorable afternoon at ANZ Stadium before this year’s Grand Final.

We also saw positive signs for the future with our SG Ball team making their Grand Final, while our Jersey Flegg and Harold Matthews sides both made their respective Finals series. This was backed up by the development of our Women’s teams with both the Harvey Norman and Tarsha Gale sides performing strongly.

To make sure that we continue to develop our football department, we have appointed some of the best individuals currently working in the game.

We brought back former Kangaroo Strength and Conditioning Coach Tony Ayoub to become the new Manager of High Performance, while complementing our Player Welfare area, by appointing Yvette Davey to the new role of Player Engagement Coordinator, focussing on the well-being of players, wives and families within our Top 30 squad. In addition, we welcomed back former Bulldog Mark Hughes, to strengthen our recruitment area and work alongside the experienced Warren McDonnell. We have also strengthened our medical team by bringing in highly credentialed former Kangaroos Doctor David Givney to oversee all of our injury and recovery processes.

Off the field we have spent a great deal of time reviewing our connection with the Junior League, which resulted in the appointment of Nathan Mairleitner as our new Manager for the local area, in addition to addressing the importance of the country system by forming a partnership with the Far North Coast that will see the Bulldogs provide resources and assistance to rugby league in that area.

We have also worked hard on the governance of the club, establishing sub committees for football, business development, finance, audit and risk, in addition to developing a forward thinking Strategic Plan for the club that will have our family culture at the heart of everything we do.

In addition to our overall governance improvements, the Members will be aware that the Board is proposing changes to the constitution which will remove proxy voting to be replaced with postal voting. This will allow individual Members to have their voice on board elections recorded.

The resolution to appoint the NSW Electoral Commissioner as the Returning Officer will again further strengthen the integrity of the process.

In closing I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support of our great club and to issue an invitation to attend the upcoming AGM which will be on:

SUNDAY 17 FEBRUARY starting at 10am in the Paragon Room at the Canterbury League Club

We encourage all members to be there and to take the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions around how we as a club can make improvements. As we said when we took over as a Board it is vital that there is honesty and transparency around everything that we do and we value your feedback as we strive to continue to find ways to improve.

Thanks again for your passion and support for the club.

It is what makes us special.

Lynne Anderson
This is good stuff from Lyn. To inform its supporters the way this administration does is so important to us guys. We can read and watch news but dont know if its crap. When the Boss tells us whats happened and happening thats it. Well Done.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Amen..Loving the positives signs from this board.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice piece of PR, but fans like myself would have liked an update on what is going on with the"Mad Monday" and Napa sagas, both of which have the ability to damage our standing and reputation.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Love that Mark Hughes is back , his genius in recruiting gave us the 04 premiership , good to have Ayoub back also

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see the current board trying to restore some integrity to the voting process and improve the club.

Would be nice to see some of the people who said the sky was falling in, there's be no sponsors, no third party deals and all the rest acknowledge none of that happened and the change was positive.
As if that’d happen lol

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Nice piece of PR, but fans like myself would have liked an update on what is going on with the"Mad Monday" and Napa sagas, both of which have the ability to damage our standing and reputation.
Then may I suggest that you get yourself to the AGM & ask questions...…...do it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
She definitely said all the right things. And did appoint bulldogs in key positions which has to be a good thing right? We also did rid ourselves of most of Haslers brigade too.

And all the things mentioned above do look more professional, from a club that would struggle to run a chicken raffle in the past. So fingers crossed :grinning:

As long as we can identify young talent and build a culture from u15-u18 and develop these players. Then have the financial and corporate support moving forward, we should have a bright future, unless dib somehow gets back on the board and fucks things up again with his personal vendettas and self absorbed promotions.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another great move from the club they are giving a membership to anyone involved in the junior league from players, parents, managers, club admin and coaches.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then may I suggest that you get yourself to the AGM & ask questions...…...do it.
Thanks. I'm tied up all day working at our local radio station 2BACR, and can't get down to the event. I'd appreciate an update, or if someone would like to record their thoughts with me for a possible broadcast.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares about winning rubbish games at the end of the season,thats why we resigned lichaa we i said we shouldnt

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, as a general rule of thumb, if the "back room" is working well then the team on the field does the same.
It should be a great 2019