Movie Discussion

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

It's 1851, and Charlie and Eli Sisters are both brothers and assassins, boys grown to men in a savage and hostile world. The Sisters brothers find themselves on a journey through the Northwest, bringing them to the mountains of Oregon, a dangerous brothel in the small town of Mayfield, and eventually, the gold rush land of California -- an adventure that tests the deadly family ties that bind.

A very well made character driven drama with a shocking southner accent from Jake gyllenhaal. I had no idea this was based on a book but was expecting a lot more comedy.
Not really my cup o tea

2/5

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching the new A Star is Born. Talk about over hyped.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Polar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4139588/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Netflix wouldn't stop shoving this thing in my face so I thought I'd watch it just to piss it off already.

The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm. Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head to head with an army of younger killers.

This movie somehow made Vanessa Hudgens, a beautiful 30 y.o. chop look like an aging 50 year old woman. Bravo!

Not really my type of Assassin movie (way OTT), way too much swearing, blood, and ruthless killings. Some aspects of it though were entertaining, not enough to receive a pass mark though.

4/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Parker

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1904996/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

A thief with a unique code of professional ethics is double-crossed by his crew and left for dead. Assuming a new disguise and forming an unlikely alliance with a woman on the inside, he looks to hijack the score of the crew's latest heist.

Not bad. I found the chemistry between Statham and J Lo pretty good, however, it took a bit of getting used to seeing Statham struggle in fights in the movie's he's in. Not a bad action flick.

7/10.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Finally watched

unnamed.jpg

As a pretty big queen fan, I was quite disappointed. Absolutely nothing wrong with the casting/acting, rami malek was incredible as mercury but overall I found the while film lacking in cohesion, plus they got so many facts wrong about the band.

Kinda wish the Stephen Fears directed version was made instead.

7/10 (most of that going to malek for a knock out performance)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched

View attachment 9069

As a pretty big queen fan, I was quite disappointed. Absolutely nothing wrong with the casting/acting, rami malek was incredible as mercury but overall I found the while film lacking in cohesion, plus they got so many facts wrong about the band.

Kinda wish the Stephen Fears directed version was made instead.

7/10 (most of that going to malek for a knock out performance)
I really enjoyed it but you had to switch your brain off. A lot of it was wrong, the timeline became very confusing, they deliberately avoided dwelling on the low moments. It was still a good movie though.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Went to see Instant Family tonight (starring Mark Wahlberg, Rose Byrne, and Isabela Moner).

Quite a few laughs, albeit a mix of drama and comedy. A good insight though into the heart filled and heart breaking moments foster families go through.

All up an enjoyable movie... I'd give it 7.5/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Went to see Instant Family tonight (starring Mark Wahlberg, Rose Byrne, and Isabela Moner).

Quite a few laughs, albeit a mix of drama and comedy. A good insight though into the heart filled and heart breaking moments foster families go through.

All up an enjoyable movie... I'd give it 7.5/10.
I thought Rose Byrne was awesome in The Internship... but I never really understood why she put on an English accent in that movie yet said she was Australian.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Rose Byrne was awesome in The Internship... but I never really understood why she put on an English accent in that movie yet said she was Australian.
That's her normal accent. She has a blend of English and Australian.

She went to the same school as me but she left a couple months after I transferred to the school.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's her normal accent. She has a blend of English and Australian.

She went to the same school as me but she left a couple months after I transferred to the school.
What TF did you do?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe out of 10..Ooh I’d love to give her one.. lol!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Took a trip down memory lane with some adam sandler classics recently... happy gilmore what a movie :D

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is anyone else super hyped for captain marvel and Brie Larson? I think it’ll be one of the best if not the best super hero movie of all times. Some comic book nutters are upset that they made her more powerful for the movie than she really is. Like in the comics she isn’t even on Scarlett witches level and can’t touch Thor. But I’m happy they went with making her super strong to beat the bad man.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Took a trip down memory lane with some adam sandler classics recently... happy gilmore what a movie :D
Bulletproof, that movie is vintage Sandler :D

Interesting fact though, Happy Gilmore is the only move that stars both Sandler and Stiller, although they barely interact with each other in it.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is anyone else super hyped for captain marvel and Brie Larson? I think it’ll be one of the best if not the best super hero movie of all times. Some comic book nutters are upset that they made her more powerful for the movie than she really is. Like in the comics she isn’t even on Scarlett witches level and can’t touch Thor. But I’m happy they went with making her super strong to beat the bad man.
Are those scary vaginas giving you nightmares again? I'm told one of the best ways to get over a fear is to face it, i think if you take that advice very literally you might cum to enjoy them :D

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulletproof, that movie is vintage Sandler :D

Interesting fact though, Happy Gilmore is the only move that stars both Sandler and Stiller, although they barely interact with each other in it.
Actually incorrect
The meyerowitz stories

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are those scary vaginas giving you nightmares again? I'm told one of the best ways to get over a fear is to face it, i think if you take that advice very literally you might cum to enjoy them :D
That last part was a good one haha.
Anyways she doesn’t want your kind at the movies. So you can’t partake in the revolutionary empowered movie

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That last part was a good one haha.
Anyways she doesn’t want your kind at the movies. So you can’t partake in the revolutionary empowered movie
I gotta be honest i don't know anything about the comic and don't have any intention of going to the cinema to watch it. I think it is time now for all the movie studios, streaming services etc to give the marvel stuff a rest.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I gotta be honest i don't know anything about the comic and don't have any intention of going to the cinema to watch it. I think it is time now for all the movie studios, streaming services etc to give the marvel stuff a rest.
Yeah I actually agree. But I actually liked the dark type theme zack snyder brought with superman and Batman. Made it so much more real but not real at the same time. But they wrecked justice league they tried too hard to make it an avengers over the top jokes and just wrecked the whole serious real tone they had going.
Anyways I wanna start watching the umbrella academy have
You heard of it? New on Netflix

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I actually agree. But I actually liked the dark type theme zack snyder brought with superman and Batman. Made it so much more real but not real at the same time. But they wrecked justice league they tried too hard to make it an avengers over the top jokes and just wrecked the whole serious real tone they had going.
Anyways I wanna start watching the umbrella academy have
You heard of it? New on Netflix
Nah i haven't watched that yet, i have heard quite a few people say it is pretty good, i will have to give it a go.