News Sue impresses Jackson

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone here not agree that Tolman does not suit the team pay is building?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone here not agree that Tolman does not suit the team pay is building?
Nevermind the team that Pay is so called building, he barely suits anything. No power, speed, footwork, offload, etc..he's there on attitude and experience. Go find me a top team that has a Tolman that plays big minutes, it doesn't exist. This toiler excuse that people come up with is garbage.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i thought tolman was solid when he returned from injury at the back end of last year. i feel that with him and jacko running around in the pack it keeps the other forwards accountable because they lead by example always gibing their all. no frills, sure, but a lot of heart from tolman.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nevermind the team that Pay is so called building, he barely suits anything. No power, speed, footwork, offload, etc..he's there on attitude and experience. Go find me a top team that has a Tolman that plays big minutes, it doesn't exist. This toiler excuse that people come up with is garbage.
Considering we have a few more props this yr I don't think we will see Tolman play big minutes. We may see the shorter more explosive mins you have been calling for a few yrs now.

I cant wait to see Fualalo tbh… expecting big things from a bloke that looks hungry for success.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering we have a few more props this yr I don't think we will see Tolman play big minutes. We may see the shorter more explosive mins you have been calling for a few yrs now.

I cant wait to see Fualalo tbh… expecting big things from a bloke that looks hungry for success.
Last chance for fualalo, he looks like he’s peaked to me.. no improvement since he’s come in

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

If he adds an extra dimension to his game then that would make a massive difference, don't care what it is just provide something offensively. This "workhorse" that people think Tolman is just isn't relevant anymore, they're now your Arrows, Trbojevics, Jackson's, etc. These days the workload is usually split more evenly across the pack anyway unless you have the above players mentioned.

Fualalo is at a make or break stage for me this season. Physically he's a great athlete but mentally he is being held back. Confidence, lack of knowledge...not sure what it is. Either way he has to get over it.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not sure or clear on the Tolman hate. He left a big hole when out last year.
Why I'm at it, not sure why there is so much emphasis on a centre. Of course some are better than others but at the end of the day it's just an athletic guy who can run lines and learn his defensive structures it's not rocket science nor a vital position Especially, when we have the worse 9 to ever have played in NRL.
Hooker is arguably the most vital role. He touche's and passes the ball more than anyone yet our hooker probably has the worse 'pass' in NRL. This is a problem. If we still had Cook I honestly think we'd push top 4. If it's Lichaa all year and nothing is done I think the spoon is unavoidable. Yes, he's that shit/ Worse Bulldog EVER. And I can't think of anyone shitter in the context of their position in the NRL, ever.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last chance for fualalo, he looks like he’s peaked to me.. no improvement since he’s come in
Defo last chance to impress.. His 24 so maybe he hasn't peaked yet.

The fact he has lost a shitload of dead weight and looks more like a Hummer than a Pajero these days this has to be his break out yr... Hoping he can become our new big bad barry!

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he adds an extra dimension to his game then that would make a massive difference, don't care what it is just provide something offensively. This "workhorse" that people think Tolman is just isn't relevant anymore, they're now your Arrows, Trbojevics, Jackson's, etc. These days the workload is usually split more evenly across the pack anyway unless you have the above players mentioned.

Fualalo is at a make or break stage for me this season. Physically he's a great athlete but mentally he is being held back. Confidence, lack of knowledge...not sure what it is. Either way he has to get over it.
Maybe he can continue his offloads from last yr... lol

For the meantime Tolman is good to have around but considering its his last contracted yr surely the debate over Tolman will be over soon and then we can chase the right explosive prop.

Fualalo, Oh its definitely make or break considering this is close to the best his ever looked and trained. Holding him back... Maybe fitness, weight? For me if running straight and hard with good leg drive is all he has, he needs to starts injuring ***** and putting them on their arses.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it was good timing for sue to change clubs. At 26 he should be coming into his prime. And with a point to prove at this new club he is obviously doing everything he can to prove it!
It's interesting to hear Jackson talk of his "skillset". Can't wait to seewhat he brings this year.
Fuck I can't wait for round one!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We were seriously lost in the middle without Tolman last year, the only game (out of the 10) we won last year when he was injured was against Parramatta. When he was back to full fitness we won ~50% of the games. That's too much to be explained away as a coincidence. Pretty much every Bulldogs successful team has had a "Tolman" in the forwards, someone who doesn't stand out in any one area but just gets the jobs done. The salary cap means that there's a balance that has to be achieved and we can't have 17 game breakers, especially props.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe he can continue his offloads from last yr... lol

For the meantime Tolman is good to have around but considering its his last contracted yr surely the debate over Tolman will be over soon and then we can chase the right explosive prop.

Fualalo, Oh its definitely make or break considering this is close to the best his ever looked and trained. Holding him back... Maybe fitness, weight? For me if running straight and hard with good leg drive is all he has, he needs to injuring ***** and putting them on their arses.
Tolmans there because he's safe and you know what you will get. Once others step up surely that's the end of him?

I defenitely think it's something mental, so many times Fualalo for the ball he would sort of stop and look around instead of just charging onto the ball.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i thought tolman was solid when he returned from injury at the back end of last year. i feel that with him and jacko running around in the pack it keeps the other forwards accountable because they lead by example always gibing their all. no frills, sure, but a lot of heart from tolman.

Agree he was solid but I don't think anyone has ever said Tolman isn't solid..

When he peaks his solid which in my eyes is still garbage but like you said came back stronger after the injury

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tolman & Foran need to go it's as simple as that.

I'm hoping Foran can prove everyone wrong, because he is a tough half and we are becoming a tough team again.

Foran could be the new Polly!!

that's Craig polla-mounter for you youngsters that don't remeber him...

One of my fav players of all time

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Foran can prove everyone wrong, because he is a tough half and we are becoming a tough team again.

They don't make them like Polly anymore one of the toughest players in any era. He played the whole 98 finals series with fractures in his back.

Foran has a long way to go to get anywhere near him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolmans there because he's safe and you know what you will get. Once others step up surely that's the end of him?

I defenitely think it's something mental, so many times Fualalo for the ball he would sort of stop and look around instead of just charging onto the ball.
Well when you fatigue you lose your mind... Plenty of questions before rnd 1.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

One tough bugger. One of mine too.

Lewis is the closest I see at the dogs atm apart from JJ in regards to a typical berry who could slot into any era, hoping the kid kicks on.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We were seriously lost in the middle without Tolman last year, the only game (out of the 10) we won last year when he was injured was against Parramatta. When he was back to full fitness we won ~50% of the games. That's too much to be explained away as a coincidence. Pretty much every Bulldogs successful team has had a "Tolman" in the forwards, someone who doesn't stand out in any one area but just gets the jobs done. The salary cap means that there's a balance that has to be achieved and we can't have 17 game breakers, especially props.

Go Dogs
Well said, unfortunately it took for him to spend 8 weeks on the sideline injured for the majority of our fanbase to understand what he brings to the team.

His defence is as good as any middle forward in the competition. He reads the play beautifully, communicates effectively with the line, and never gives up. As you said - our middle was lost without him last year while he was injured.

Sure, he's not dragging defenders with him in attack but I thought his yardage last year was fine and was going forward 10 metres with the majority of his carries which is good. 150m-250m combined with 35+ tackles week after week in the middle is definitely easier said than done.