NRL Membership Numbers

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190129-105041.png Screenshot_20190129-105050.png

Weve usually been towards the top of that list

So why are we so low in our member numbers especially given we are a new look Bulldogs on and off the field.

Still blame Hasler and everyone else associated with the club in 2017 for poor membership numbers in 2019?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep Des took us down this path and left us fucked with a team of park footballers..... who’s gonna fork out cash for that shit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its results on the field and when you are losing numbers fall. Getting told there will be a rebuild going until 2020 isn't going to attract the casual member to sign up.

Our numbers haven't really dropped but they haven't increased either while other clubs have.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes blame the economy, blame Scott Morrison, blame Gladys, blame Des, blame Dib... just as long as everyone currently associated with the Bulldogs is not held responsible for anything at our club from 2019-2050..

#Kennel Immunity

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its results on the field and when you are losing numbers fall. Getting told there will be a rebuild going until 2020 isn't going to attract the casual member to sign up.

Our numbers haven't really dropped but they haven't increased either while other clubs have.
Dropped by around 700 since same time last year.

If anything we showed great signs end of last year and won games.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can’t blame Des.
Parra have been shithouse for a long time and they have high memberships year in year out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dropped by around 700 since same time last year.

If anything we showed great signs end of last year and won games.
Over the past 3 years we have been floating around the 10k-11k mark this time of year.

On here we are the rusted on fans that watch every game and keep up to date with everything around the club.

There are casual fans out there that just look at it as entertainment and see that we missed the 8 last year and are not a big chance to make it this year either and won't buy a membership. If we win a few games early they might come back on board.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reality is, clubs have virtually nothing to do with membership numbers. If a club has a big membership drive, media, public appearances and the like, it’s likely to affect memberships by 1000 or so.
The team has everything to do with memberships. Winning games = memberships.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think our, quite frankly, incompetent membership department, is a big part of the problem.

I'm still waiting for my pack, and our first trial is less than 3 weeks away.
Yep a lot of them are incompetent. The year I didn't sign on because they wouldn't sack Des, resulted in me receiving a number of rude calls whereby that they were pretty much telling me I was going to renew . Stuck to my guns and was on board last year along with this seasons though.
The seasons going to start soon and no jerseys in sight...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I don't believe it was just the winning or the losing, it was the way we played. Far too often it was just plain horrible to watch, it wasn't entertaining and it sure as hell wasn't how Bulldogs teams play. Over the last 2 years losing big name players hasn't helped either, every fan has a personal favourite player and popular players attract fans. Then we have the NRL pole with us 2nd favourite for the spoon, to add a little more to the negativity.

Win a few games, play Bulldogs football and they will come and watch.

Go Dogs

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra have a new stadium that most want to get seats for longterm...we havent even got a ground to play at beyond 2019...our club is nothing like it once was and if not for pokies we’d be in massive trouble...times are tough at the moment and look like staying that way for a while longer...im amazed we have 10,000 signed up tbh...we will stick with the club but it has never felt so low in my time...[emoji17]

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We can’t blame Des.
Parra have been shithouse for a long time and they have high memberships year in year out.
Fuck oath we can blame Des.

There was a clear disconnect between club and fans during the Hasler/Castle/Dib years. Communication was poor (and in some respects still is) and there seemed to almost be a lack of human element.

Fans were barely listened to or even recognised, they were taken for granted. It was all about Des' football department, and his football department sucked.

Membership terminations and not attending games are the only ways fans felt they could be heard, and this is evidence of that.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Membership figures traditionally end the year closer to 18-20k.

The end of year numbers have been more or less the same 2015-2018.

Hard to take op seriously, a handful of posts bagging the current coach and board - there's a clear agenda there.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 8990 View attachment 8991

Weve usually been towards the top of that list

So why are we so low in our member numbers especially given we are a new look Bulldogs on and off the field.

Still blame Hasler and everyone else associated with the club in 2017 for poor membership numbers in 2019?
Tell your uncle ray to eat a dick.
We still hate him.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tell your uncle ray to eat a dick.
We still hate him.
Its better if you tell him.

Hes not asian so we arent related, but from some posts i suspect hes related to some lebanese people on here, so you can talk to them about it.