Official CHN "The Bulldogs are heading in the right direction"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/01/23/harawira-naera-bulldogs-heading-in-right-direction/

Encouraging words from CHN and seems to have a fantastic approach to things.

"Boys have been swapped in and out"
"If you want to be in the team you have to grab the jersey and keep hold of it"

Mentions 13 forwards and only 8 spots, so competition will be rife.

Sounds like Pay is going to drop underperformers and promote those performing well and putting in.

Things are about to get interesting I reckon :grinning:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/01/23/harawira-naera-bulldogs-heading-in-right-direction/

Encouraging words from CHN and seems to have a fantastic approach to things.

"Boys have been swapped in and out"
"If you want to be in the team you have to grab the jersey and keep hold of it"

Mentions 13 forwards and only 8 spots, so competition will be rife.

Sounds like Pay is going to drop underperformers and promote those performing well and putting in.

Things are about to get interesting I reckon :grinning:
If that’s true how many games until Lichaa is dropped for not being able to pass left to right or off the ground?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like our Squad,, especially the forwards, actually the whole bloody team.. we are going to give the comp a good shake this year everyone has written us off. For me we have sorted out our cap dramas and ended up with good young players that want to be there. We may even have some space for another buy whenever. Good management well done.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still need a good young centre. I’m not happy how fans are excited with holland. Our standards have dropped
I dont think its a case of being excited about Kerrod Holland. Its just a case of hes the best centre we have.
The other centre is a problem.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He improved a lot last year. Hopefully it's a
I dont think its a case of being excited about Kerrod Holland. Its just a case of hes the best centre we have.
Hoppa is a classy player
Holland is someone trying to become a solid first grader.inunderstand he is prob the best we have at the moment but I hope the club haven't given up on a good mid season signing or have eyes on a young good prospect.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think defence will be a problem.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He improved a lot last year. Hopefully it's a trend that continues.
I like what holland is doing,, last season he was a standout in the 2nd half of the season. His defence had improved and his attack was brilliant. He has developed some good 2nd phase play which led to some tries last year. He has matured so quickly in such a short time. I know the Morris boys are a big loss but some competition for their positions is a good thing.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has improved heaps on how he was playing before. I am looking forward in seeing him having a big season for us this year.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holland was causing so many problems for the defence once he got a run. Breaking tackles, offloading, running great lines, etc. Typical Kennel when some people can't admit to that, bloke was arguably our biggest attacking spark last season.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa is a classy player
Holland is someone trying to become a solid first grader.inunderstand he is prob the best we have at the moment but I hope the club haven't given up on a good mid season signing or have eyes on a young good prospect.
Yeah I think your right with a mid season signing I think that’s on the cards as it appears we may have a spot to fill within our cap. They were suppose to sign another back as well and haven’t done so unless I am wrong we have some room.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland was causing so many problems for the defence once he got a run. Breaking tackles, offloading, running great lines, etc. Typical Kennel when some people can't admit to that, bloke was arguably our biggest attacking spark last season.
Glad I’m not the only one that thinks that, was impressed with him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Glad I’m not the only one that thinks that, was impressed with him.
He and Smith also combined well so that't another positive. If they aren't playing side by side this season then I honestly give up, we haven't had a decent centre/wing combo in years

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He and Smith also combined well so that't another positive. If they aren't playing side by side this season then I honestly give up, we haven't had a decent centre/wing combo in years
Yes they did combine well, I would be disappointed to see that combo broken up. Both are getting use to each other’s play. That Side seems to be complete now working on the other side is now the challenge.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Relax mate he was also causing problems for our defense during the year and it was blatant!!!

He did play well towards the end of the year but please let's go after an up and coming superstar

We have enough solid players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Relax mate he was also causing problems for our defense during the year and it was blatant!!!

He did play well towards the end of the year but please let's go after an up and coming superstar

His attack was far more that "solid" while his defence was no worse than others that were previously in the same position.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I am relaxed always. He wasn’t the only problem with our defence.. others were responsible as well.... going after an up and coming superstar is fine I like what we have so far...