Zooper Dooper Appreciation thread

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The chick at the place I'm working just brought out a bag of Zooper doopers and was like "you can have the entire bag if you want, I'll leave them in the freezer in the laundry".

Anyway I've had 11 already and now I feel sick and want to go home :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:
Why did this chick buy them if she allows you to have the whole bag?

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'd love a tree that would grow watermelon, fried chicken, and premixed koolaid bottles.

You don't want hedges growing that high. Massive pain in the arse to maintain!

Murraya's and Lilly Pillys are also pricks of things with the berries they drop everywhere and allergies they cause.
Fried chicken? Brother I thought you were better than that shyte... unless you're talking about Korean Fried Chicken, the type that has that shiny, reddish glaze colour (as opposed to the brown shit KFC hand out...)

upload_2019-1-18_15-13-43.jpeg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fried chicken? Brother I thought you were better than that shyte... unless you're talking about Korean Fried Chicken, the type that has that shiny, reddish glaze colour (as opposed to the brown shit KFC hand out...)

View attachment 8916
I'm having Korean Fred Chicken for dinner tonight. Thinking about it is the only thing keeping me going this afternoon. Goes so well with beer.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm having Korean Fred Chicken for dinner tonight. Thinking about it is the only thing keeping me going this afternoon. Goes so well with beer.
I just want to go home and get some sleep TBH. So buggered lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro, serious question. Can you look after me with hedges that grow 8-10 feet?
Yh but they will be a bit of a money pit at that height lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obviously I don't want to buy them at that height lol

Something around 3ft that can grow to about 10ft.
Yh I meant to maintain them lol. It can be a hassle to do yourself if you let it get out of control or it costs a shitload to get someone else to cut it for you. Best bet is to go out and have a look at them in person and get a better feel for it. There's so many different varieties and my knowledge is pretty limited as I don't make the planting decisions haha.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously I don't want to buy them at that height lol

Something around 3ft that can grow to about 10ft.
As mentioned.. avoid Murraya and Lilly Pilly. They are fucked.

I think @Mitch Connor and @pillow are in the landscaping industry as well so might be able to give you some advice.

Photinias are REALLY nice, but not sure they grow that high, and they can be touchy to grow from what I've heard (but get it right and you get the most amazing firey red tips on them... it looks awesome).

Roses are more my thing... as I type this I'm getting fragrance from our bush roses out the front float through the window with a sweet soft note.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score

I think @Mitch Connor and @pillow are in the landscaping industry as well so might be able to give you some advice.

Photinias are REALLY nice, but not sure they grow that high, and they can be touchy to grow from what I've heard (but get it right and you get the most amazing firey red tips on them... it looks awesome).

Roses are more my thing... as I type this I'm getting fragrance from our bush roses out the front float through the window with a sweet soft note.
@ASSASSIN

Photinias will grow 3m+ with ease. They can cop a hacking and recover well.

Depends what you want the function of the hedge to be - ie do you just want it to screen? How much width do you have (ie how wide can the hedge get/be maintained from the fence/wall/boundary etc)

Usual suspects for tall hedging: Photinia, Pittosporum, Viburnum, Callistemon, Syzygium

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN

Depends what you want the function of the hedge to be - ie do you just want it to screen? How much width do you have (ie how wide can the hedge get/be maintained from the fence/wall/boundary etc)

Usual suspects for tall hedging: Photinia, Pittosporum, Viburnum, Callistemon, Syzygium
Am I right in saying Lilly Pillies and Murrayas (that bear berries) are the bastard sons of the hedge family... and a gigantic pain in the arse?

Last place we were at had one hedge on either side of each. Murraya I cut right back and almost killed. Lilly Pilly and the Liriopes got ripped out because they stained the cars and driveway with the bloody berries.

Actually he could also use Camelia in that situation as well (if he wants a lower shrub with some fragrance).

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Am I right in saying Lilly Pillies and Murrayas (that bear berries) are the bastard sons of the hedge family... and a gigantic pain in the arse?

Last place we were at had one hedge on either side of each. Murraya I cut right back and almost killed. Lilly Pilly and the Liriopes got ripped out because they stained the cars and driveway with the bloody berries.

Actually he could also use Camelia in that situation as well (if he wants a lower shrub with some fragrance).
Yea they both have red berries. Murrayas are more of a tree than a hedge when you get over 2m.

Camellia's can get up to 5m, so not necessarily just a low shrub

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I was in Landscape construction, not gardening. Retained nothing about plants lol. I'm a field supervisor and lab technician for a Geotech now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN

Thanks for the info bro.

Using it as privacy screen as my current brick and slats fence is too short. Probably have 50-60cm depth and approx 10-12 meters long.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have a confession that may have be drawn, quartered, and flogged in the iced confectionary aisle.

We got the Classic Zooper Doopers the other week.
Bubblegum - not liking it at all.
Lime - gives a dencorub style aftertaste.

Not sure if we should have opted for the sours, or if I'm just hitting all the dud flavours.

Meanwhile the Berri ones, Apple and Raspberry... delicious.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have a confession that may have be drawn, quartered, and flogged in the iced confectionary aisle.

We got the Classic Zooper Doopers the other week.
Bubblegum - not liking it at all.
Lime - gives a dencorub style aftertaste.

Not sure if we should have opted for the sours, or if I'm just hitting all the dud flavours.

Meanwhile the Berri ones, Apple and Raspberry... delicious.
Sours are the best, I love all the flavours.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lady just went around the office offering these. I got the floss 8-)

Banned
Reaction score

An option for those that are eating them, as nothing else will stay down.