2019 Australian Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Beat the World #7.

Amazing how many of these players suddenly cop injuries when they are being towelled up by relative unknowns.
Nothing pissed me off more than the mens 2014 final. Nadal was getting his arse kicked by Stan 'the man' Wawrinka. Nadal kept on taking time outs and Stan was getting pissed off (and so was I). Fucking idiot. I can't stand him. Thankfully Stan won that game. Nadal also said that the Australian Open is 'too hot' to compete in, despite the fact that he almost always plays in Rod Laver Arena, under a roof, or at night, and gets paid better than he does at any other tournament on the tennis calendar. None of the other 255 players complain.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Barty through in straight sets.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's another thing I hate about the Australian Media.

FANTASTIC NEWS: 8 Aussie players through to round 2 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
What about the 16 that got knocked out on during round 1? Or the many more that didn't even qualify?

Gee's we're not even past week 1 and there's only 1 person standing - Ash Barty. Not guarantee she'll go through against Sharapova today. Aussie tennis players are shit. They've either got the talent or the attitude... however, you need both!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maria Sharapova really us a shadow of her former self. She is just crumbling.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Barty was expected to win, she's ranked 15th to Sharadopa's 30th.

But now she faces Kvitova who is ranked in top 10.

That's another thing I hate about the Australian Media.

FANTASTIC NEWS: 8 Aussie players through to round 2 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
What about the 16 that got knocked out on during round 1? Or the many more that didn't even qualify?

Gee's we're not even past week 1 and there's only 1 person standing - Ash Barty. Not guarantee she'll go through against Sharapova today. Aussie tennis players are shit. They've either got the talent or the attitude... however, you need both!
That's because Australian media celebrate the smallest of acheivements. LOL

Wahesh

Reaction score
But now she faces Kvitova who is ranked in top 10.
:expressionless: Hmmm your Danielle Collins chick just eliminated my last remaining baby... Kerber.

FedEx just got eliminated by that Greek guy. Now watch every Greek person in Australia jump on his bandwagon :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:expressionless: Hmmm your Danielle Collins chick just eliminated my last remaining baby... Kerber.

FedEx just got eliminated by that Greek guy. Now watch every Greek person in Australia jump on his bandwagon :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Who is Danielle Collins? Kerber is bog average. No lookers remain in the Aus Open... all went before the quarters.

Not bad money though.... get wiped out in the 1st round and you still pocket $75,000. 2nd round $105k, 3rd round $155k

Wahesh

Reaction score
Who is Danielle Collins? Kerber is bog average. No lookers remain in the Aus Open... all went before the quarters.

Not bad money though.... get wiped out in the 1st round and you still pocket $75,000. 2nd round $105k, 3rd round $155k
My apologies, I thought she was the looker you posted about on page 2 - it was actually Katie Boulter - the one who you told me to give a thigh rating for.

Anywho...I think Tennis Australia should STOP being so generous with paying players much freaking cash and actually invest some into developing our own talent FFS.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

Reminds me when ever Greek and cypriot jumped on the bhagdatis bandwagon lol.

Thought Bhagdatis had retired. Did a google search. He tried to qualify for the tournament but lost in round 2. Surprised he is only 33

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reminds me when ever Greek and cypriot jumped on the bhagdatis bandwagon lol.

Thought Bhagdatis had retired. Did a google search. He tried to qualify for the tournament but lost in round 2. Surprised he is only 33
So famous was Bhagdatis, that someone even had that username on here around that era :D.

Australians reign on successful tennis players died long ago. Now Aussies crack a semi if we get players into the 3rd round of tournaments.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So famous was Bhagdatis, that someone even had that username on here around that era :D.

Australians reign on successful tennis players died long ago. Now Aussies crack a semi if we get players into the 3rd round of tournaments.
Safe to say our golden athletes have died. I remember in 1999 we dominated world sport. We won 9 major tournaments. I can't remember them all, but we won the...

• Rugby World Cup
  • Cricket World Cup
  • Netball World Cup
  • Davis Cup
  • Men's Champions Trophy - Field Hockey
  • Women's Champions Trophy - Field Hockey
  • Fourth World Short Course Championships - Australia won the most medals (27) and the most gold medals (9)

ALL THIS on the EVE of Australia hosting the 2000 Olympic games.

Our golden era has died, and I cannot see us returning there ever again!

Wahesh

Reaction score
All in all though, this has been the most boring Australian Open I've seen in the last 20 years... I just can't get interested in it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.