Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Parra trying to force Jennings to quit?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What’s the Buzz: Eels could dump Michael Jennings to park football
January 12, 2019

Following an unsuccessful attempt to offload the former Kangaroo to the Knights last year, the Eels are considering punting Jennings to park football in a bid to get the $800,000-a-year centre to quit the final season of his deal.

In what would be a shock fall from grace, Jennings could start the season at Parramatta feeder club Wentworthville in the Intrust Super Premiership.

Signed by the Eels in 2016 from the Roosters, Eels officials had no choice but to keep Jennings this year after he took up an option in his favour to stay at the club in 2019.

After failing to recapture the type of form that helped the Roosters win the premiership in 2013, Jennings paid the price for his poor form last year when he was sent to Ringrose Park to train with Wentworthville in July.

And it appears the 30-year-old could find himself in the company of part-timers again as the Eels look to generation next.

Desperate to rebound after collecting their 14th wooden spoon, Parramatta have already moved on senior players Corey Norman, Jarryd Hayne and Tony Williams.

The Eels do not have much depth in the backline, although recruit Blake Ferguson will add some experience and class.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...8c216a7685897944f5018589b8b&memtype=anonymous

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did the eels expect? I’d take $800k to play park football!!
What a stupid clause. I hope we don’t have any players with that option

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Reminds me of when the Eels payed Chris Sandow a ridiculous figure and he ended up playing for the Magpies :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Gosh our club is going terribly at the moment, but not a day goes by when I'm GLAD I'm not an Eels fans!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reminds me of when the Eels payed Chris Sandow a ridiculous figure and he ended up playing for the Magpies :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Gosh our club is going terribly at the moment, but not a day goes by when I'm GLAD I'm not an Eels fans!
We were close to the wooden spoon last year.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
haha suck shit Parra

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't they finish their agreement with Wenty?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Playing in a lower intensity comp.
Training less.
Lower profile.
Still going to get $800k.
Im sure Jennings is shattered.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whispers around that fingers fergo has had quite the holiday break with the Hayne plane and Amos Roberts lol

I hope it's true
But he converted to Islam and is sober... Mundine said so

Last edited by a moderator:

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whispers around that fingers fergo has had quite the holiday break with the Hayne plane and Amos Roberts lol

I hope it's true
Yeh I got a msg today with the rundown of what happened. Not sure how true it is

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Twitter is chock full of Ferguson conspiracies atm it's great lol.

There is a tweet saying Jennings, Evans and Jennings were sitting around talking shit about how filthy they have been and then they mention Napa videos and Fergo wants them bad and then leaked them, allegedly.

Lol

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rumour I’ve heard is Politis has quite a bit of dirt on Fergo during his stay at the roosters. That’s why he was able to re-sign him on the cheap. Heard he’s hospital admittance over the Xmas period was not for a freak accident as stated.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now now... lets just be careful at the moment.

A LOT of eyes on this site at the moment (media as well).

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The rumour I’ve heard is Politis has quite a bit of dirt on Fergo during his stay at the roosters. That’s why he was able to re-sign him on the cheap. Heard he’s hospital admittance over the Xmas period was not for a freak accident as stated.
Yep that one seems to be the most popular one at the moment.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit id take Jennings for 400k.

Get parra to pay half.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Shit id take Jennings for 400k.

Get parra to pay half.
That's what I'm thinking... at $400k he's worth a gamble, and would be great to teach Harper / Holland / etc given defensively he's up there with JMoz (when Jennings is on).

Toss him 2 years @ $400k that'll see him till 32 years old and probably into retirement.

Problem is we are already at 30 players, and this is why the system is ridiculous.