Favourite regular season try

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Since it's the off season and I'm bored share your favourite regular season bulldogs try in the NRL era

Not many people would remember my favourite but it was in 2004 against Newcastle Anasta bombed the ball 40m out the newcastle winger let it bounce and Anasta got the ball and scored off his own kick the reason why I loved that try was because the ref sent it to video ref to see if anasta was onside when he was the kicker himself lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since it's the off season and I'm bored share your favourite regular season bulldogs try in the NRL era

Not many people would remember my favourite but it was in 2004 against Newcastle Anasta bombed the ball 40m out the newcastle winger let it bounce and Anasta got the ball and scored off his own kick the reason why I loved that try was because the ref sent it to video ref to see if anasta was onside when he was the kicker himself lol
:tearsofjoy: @ the ref. What a dickhead!!

I gotta put my thinking cap on as there have been some great tries over the years.

I don't know about it being great but I thought it was at the time. Dogs vs Manly. Scrum on our 20 I think. O'Meley and a Manly player ( i can't remember who right now) start fighting. Everyone runs over to the scrum. Patten picks up the ball and runs all the way to score under the posts. Ref called play on and gives the try. I laugh and we win the game and the fight!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
An oldy, but still a vivid memory. It's game at Belmore, the Berries are playing the Dragons, I'm just a kid, sitting 2 rows from the front right next to the players box. I see Kevin Ryan look at Johnny Rhodes who's playing on the right wing and give him just the slightest nod. At the next play the ball on the 30 metre line Ryan runs the blind side, with a centre, Johnny Greaves and Rhodes outside him. He draws the Dragons centre and winger, no one man was going to stop Ryan and he flicks a bullet cut out pass across the front of Greaves to Rhodes who skirts the sideline and then burns Langlands (playing fullback) with blistering pace and scores under the posts.

That single play had everything, the master captain coach, playing prop, executing a planned play with his winger, strong arming 2 players and then throwing a short cut out pass to a flying winger. The hair still stands up on the back of my neck just remembering it.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Willie Tonga's try v Hodges in 04. Was a regular season game at ANZ, the fend to his face was brilliant left him for dead.

Also more recent one from last season - Reimis Smith's 2 long distance tries v dragons.
Which fend to the face are you talking about? The 3rd or 4th one? Lol

Malla

Reaction score
Which fend to the face are you talking about? The 3rd or 4th one? Lol
Hahahahaaa... what a night that was.

Mid-way through the first half, Tonga gets the ball flat footed... does the usual mini goose step to get on the outside of Hodges, looked over his right shoudler and gave him a little tap, Hodges came again and then he fended him in the face and Hodges was clutching at the air... over for the try.

What a night that was. I remember I went straight from school to the game, caught 2 busses to lidcombe and a train into olympic park. Nothing beats those days

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shifty scored a ripper try against the Panthers late in 2004 he chipped over the chop caught the ball and passed to SBW who drew the fullback and passed back to Shifty and he scored next to the sticks.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
An oldy, but still a vivid memory. It's game at Belmore, the Berries are playing the Dragons, I'm just a kid, sitting 2 rows from the front right next to the players box. I see Kevin Ryan look at Johnny Rhodes who's playing on the right wing and give him just the slightest nod. At the next play the ball on the 30 metre line Ryan runs the blind side, with a centre, Johnny Greaves and Rhodes outside him. He draws the Dragons centre and winger, no one man was going to stop Ryan and he flicks a bullet cut out pass across the front of Greaves to Rhodes who skirts the sideline and then burns Langlands (playing fullback) with blistering pace and scores under the posts.

That single play had everything, the master captain coach, playing prop, executing a planned play with his winger, strong arming 2 players and then throwing a short cut out pass to a flying winger. The hair still stands up on the back of my neck just remembering it.

Go Dogs
That would of been awesome to watch

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
2012 our game at mackay, ben barba getting the ball in our ingoal, cops a high shot from smith, steps 3 players and kicks it for J.Moz to score

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one sundie arvo willie manson stuck hyis middle finger up to the brookie faithfull after scoring a 4 pointer

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and not a try but that field goal hodko kicked against manly in the semi, i lost my voice

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some spectacular tries in 2012. The one vs storm in mackay which barba ran from our in goal and chip kicked to jmoz was really something
And survived a head high hit from Slater that went under the ref's radar.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked the failed kick by Reynolds in extra time against Manly at Brookvale. It ran along the ground, through a defender's attempt to stop it with his leg, and ended in the Manly in-goal for Reynolds to run up and pounce on.