What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the whole season but thought it was overlong would have worked better as a mini series. Plus I thought the ending sucked harder than Elton John at a Mardi Gras party
100% agree. Dragged on too long. And the ending felt like a Disney movie.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you've got Netflix, or a way to watch it... check out NAILED IT.

Fucking hilarious show...

The premise: Shithouse bakers have to recreate professionally made items with disasterous results.

@ASSASSIN @south of heaven

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Detective Harry Ambrose returns to his hometown in rural New York to assess an unsettling and heart-wrenching crime -- parents murdered by their 11-year-old son with no apparent motive. As Ambrose realizes there's nothing ordinary about the boy or where he came from, the investigation pulls him into the hidden darkness of his hometown. He's pitted against those who will stop at nothing to protect its secrets -- and the mysterious Vera, who proves to be a complicated, enigmatic piece to this haunting puzzle
images (5).jpeg

Fantastic show, binged the first season in four days and I'm halfway though season 2 and it hasn't dropped in quality.

Bill Pullman is the man

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Detective Harry Ambrose returns to his hometown in rural New York to assess an unsettling and heart-wrenching crime -- parents murdered by their 11-year-old son with no apparent motive. As Ambrose realizes there's nothing ordinary about the boy or where he came from, the investigation pulls him into the hidden darkness of his hometown. He's pitted against those who will stop at nothing to protect its secrets -- and the mysterious Vera, who proves to be a complicated, enigmatic piece to this haunting puzzle
View attachment 8074

Fantastic show, binged the first season in four days and I'm halfway though season 2 and it hasn't dropped in quality.

Bill Pullman is the man
I didn't realise there was a second season. I binged the first season and it was good but too long. It would have been better as a mini-series.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't realise there was a second season. I binged the first season and it was good but too long. It would have been better as a mini-series.
Personally, I thought it worked well and didn't seem to drag, found the ending a bit predictable but overall i loved it

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just binge watched (over a few days) Mayans MC.

I give it a pass mark. At the start it really felt like it was just Sons 2, but ended up being ok, as the MC becomes is kind of a secondary character in that it kind of builds the frameworks, but the show itself is about the individuals (including the character who are not in the MC), not the club. There are some references to SAMCRO and SoA, but thanksfully they are kept fairly minimal.

There are a few crossovers from Sons. Mild spoilers ahead..... Potter, the weird DoJ dude is in it, as is Alvarez as the Godfather of Mayans (although I find his character fairly uninteresting), and for some reason that is not really explained properly, Chucky, the weird guy who worked for SAMCRO, is now the errand boy for the Mayans, hundreds of miles form Charming. And there is an odd cameo from Gemma Teller is a flashback scene - I was hoping this would tie in somewhere later in the series, but didn't.

I did like the twist in the last 10 minutes of the final episode (which does involve SAMCRO). It will be enough to keep me in for Season 2.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 8074

Bill Pullman is the man
I just smashed season 2 in 2 nights lol
2nd season is better i reakon really enjoyed it pure qaulity

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just smashed season 2 in 2 nights lol
2nd season is better i reakon really enjoyed it pure qaulity
Agreed. I'm on the last episode now and still glued to the screen. Back to back seasons of fantastic tv, if only a fraction of shows were as good as this

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm on the last episode now and still glued to the screen. Back to back seasons of fantastic tv, if only a fraction of shows were as good as this
Yeah so much shit about when you find that gem its satisfying, there was a few twists on this one very enjoyable

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs has been watching Roseanne. Or as it's called now, "The Connors" after Roseanne got kicked off the show for being racist.

The show now is basically a mix of anti-Trump democratic propaganda and Christian reformation show where the family realises that they must repent and save their souls.

In the Mrs defence, she also watches Last Man Standing which is basically an anti-democrat Republican show.