Cogger And klem

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...gland-squad-lurker/127t629xnyjjl11z5ghq2v3dlp

• Cogger to be given first crack
    Youngster Jack Cogger is set to get first crack at the sought-after halfback spot at the Bulldogs.

Coach Dean Pay has a host of options for the key number seven jumper but is believed to be set to give Cogger the position in the trials.

From there, it is his to lose.

The 21-year-old Cogger joined the Bulldogs from Newcastle for next season and is regarded as a future star.

The departures of Matt Frawley (Huddersfield) and Moses Mbye (Tigers) have left Pay with plenty to think about regarding the make-up of his backline.

He still has the out-of-favour former Kiwi Test half Kieran Foran in his ranks, as well as boom rookie Lachlan Lewis and the promising Jeremy Marshall-King.

All are likely to be given a chance in the pre-season games to shine, although by then Foran may well be with his mentor Des Hasler back at Manly.

Why Klem wants out
    Money is a big reason David Klemmer wants out of the Bulldogs to join the cashed-up Knights - but I’ve been told in recent days that there are also several other factors that are behind the prop’s desire to move on.

For starters, there has been trouble with at least one of his third party deals.

Klemmer also wasn’t impressed when the Bulldogs signed Aaron Woods on a massive deal this year.

Klemmer is also filthy with the club over the way it didn’t back the players over the Mad Monday scandal.

Throw it all together - along with some personal problems he is dealing with - and you have a guy desperate to get out.

It appears a case of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’ at this stage.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Cogger has first shot at 7 then that pretty much confirms Foran is gone
Foran on the bench for me . I know we have money tied up with him but his not our future. Cogger should get a start. Off course with Lewis

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Day 1 of pre season and he's been given first crack at 7? No one actually believes this BS do they?

I think the only certainty in my opinion is that Lewis gets first shot in the halves. He's the only one that's earned it and has runs on the board recently. This is presuming his attitude is good and he doesn't take his position and chance for granted.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Day 1 of pre season and he's been given first crack at 7? No one actually believes this BS do they?

I think the only certainty in my opinion is that Lewis gets first shot in the halves. He's the only one that's earned it and has runs on the board recently. This is presuming his attitude is good and he doesn't take his position and chance for granted.
Its in trials is all that dont mean much

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does JMK even feature here.. the only way he will get a shot in the halves is if there are injuries

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ask Dave Holland hahah.. he knows about guys having a “crack” at all too well.. (sorry Dave,my apologies)

But on a serious note, if cogger can step up and make the most of the opportunity take it with both hands and prove himself then good on him, make the spot his an make us all proud I say...!!!

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does JMK even feature here.. the only way he will get a shot in the halves is if there are injuries
Fully agree. Promising!!!! At best he's a bench utility if we're stuck. And Lewis should be the first back picked so not sure this article is ridgy didge.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay has made some strange selections. Why are people assuming Foran will be left out. Pay might be looking to partner Cogger and Foran. Nothing would surprise me.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lewis surely warrants a selection in the halves after what he did last year

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the whole article is based on plenty of hear/say that has already been mentioned a thousand times ... that is not news but simple rehashing .........................

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay has made some strange selections. Why are people assuming Foran will be left out. Pay might be looking to partner Cogger and Foran. Nothing would surprise me.
That's the way I read it as well. But pre-season has barely started, so this article more than likely has absolutely no sources and is just making stuff up.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Floporan OUT

Cogger IN

Cogger & Lewis halves - sell the rest of the deadwood to Des

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's not forget the team Pay took into the 2nd trial. maybe Lewis will not be run in the trials because he already has his spot sewn up.

but as someone else said, still ages till we need to decide on teams for trials.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer also wasn’t impressed when the Bulldogs signed Aaron Woods on a massive deal this year
What a clueless article, yeah klemmer was pissed off we signed his very close mate, someone he most likely helped recruit over.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What a clueless article, yeah klemmer was pissed off we signed his very close mate, someone he most likely helped recruit over.
Don't spoil a good story with the facts (journalist rule #1).

Go Dogs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer wasn't pissed at signing Woods it was that Woods was getting a heap more cash them him.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With our lack of depth in the backs Pay may be looking at Lewis as a centre... hope not though. I think Lewis will go well in the halves with Foran, and this article might give him a touch more motivation.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With our lack of depth in the backs Pay may be looking at Lewis as a centre... hope not though. I think Lewis will go well in the halves with Foran, and this article might give him a touch more motivation.
Not ideal, but it's good to know we have options. He would be a great centre if he had pace.