Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let him go but get compo from the knights and promote young renouf t he will be a star

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If it was true they are doing this shit at 4pm our club surely would of reached its members well before. I’ll be saying shove
My membership up your ass with that treatment if it pans out that way.

I’d of lost all faith in management and will break a decade+ run at 30 if that’s what it came too as it’s just taking the piss out of us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was true they are doing this shit at 4pm our club surely would of reached its members well before. I’ll be saying shove
My membership up your ass with that treatment if it pans out that way
It’s not Klemmer it’s some shitty re-signing they are trying to hype up.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is definitely an issue at the bulldogs. I doubt it's just the money that klems leaving for.

Hass

Waterboy
Reaction score
Piss the bloke off along with anyone else who don't want to play for our club. Everyones stressing over this bloke? For what, he can not win you a game of footy on his own, he aint no SBW aint no taumololo, just a guy that runs straight with no offload at all. 1.2 million for that, yeh mate! Good bye champ

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF this happens Newcastle would have to give up the Saifiti twins

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rubbish comment. That's an agenda driven comment right there. You sound like Mr I
No offence mate, but no one wanted to come to our club way, way, way before this new board got on. And the only reason why some came was because we paid overs and we were dictated by other clubs and player managers.

It's simple really, the club is not going to be dictated by anyone anymore. We offer what players are worth and if they don't like it then another club can pay overs for them.
It's all about creating a good balance in all positions. Buying the best players in the most efficient way and developing our own at the same time.
We want to create a culture where the players love and want to spill blood for the team. A club where the players mother, father, wife, girlfriend is looked after and made to feel important. In that way the player will want to play for us for say $50k less.
really, given the club has to spend 95% of the salary cap regardless, please explain to me who the club is spending the salary cap on in 2019? Especially if Klemmer is gone!
Lichaa on $500K in 2019 says is all for me.
Along with front loading other player’s contacts, which I guess is what the club is doing to clear the decks to test the player market in 2020.
To think that the new board has some form of fairy dust is so naïve and take it from me, Chris Anderson is no genius at identifying new talent.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why the NRL needs a trade system.
Yeh Newcastle, we’ll give you the bald **** if we get access to your best junior for the next 4 years

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From sporting news, the nrl lurker. How rude is this guy?! Lol

David Klemmer's desire to leave Canterbury is real.

Not only does big Klem feel let down by unpaid TPA deals and the departure of key teammates, he also wants to play at a stronger club.

Newcastle are a club on the rise and there is a sense the Knights can be a genuine premiership threat within the next two to three years.

The same can’t be said for the Bulldogs.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't going anywhere.
He will leave......this story has too many legs not to be true...lol how he wants to leave on compassionate grounds..........what a joke....the dogs need to play hard ball and not release him.....this is all a ploy to get more money because of third party deals....blind Freddy can see that....a contract is a contract....

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just let him go. The bloke goes hard and has a good motor but he has no offload, no footwork and by focusing so much on post-contact metres he allows teams to set their defense for the next tackle anyways.

It will be a shame to see him go but it ain't that bad.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This the way I read it;

He's been hanging around with Woods, who has been telling him he's underpaid.
He asked his agent who of course also said he's underpaid, why wouldn't he as it means commission for him if he can get more.
"There are plenty of teams who would pay a lot more to secure the best prop in the world, so let's have a bidding war." Agents always pump up their players ego.
Establish a price, add a bit, then go back to the Bulldogs and ask them to match it, or he's leaving.
The Bulldogs said "no, we have a contract". If you want more money have your agent get off his ass (a type of donkey) and secure some lucrative TPA's for you.
Getting TPA's is hard work, lots of competition for advertisers to chose from, Agent doesn't have much luck.
As they are all lazy by nature, Agent leaks to friends in the press to up the pressure, but the "I want more money" line doesn't cut it, so he trots out the reliable "family issues" excuse.

My guess is there will be a renegotiated contract, probably disguised as an extension, paying somewhere between the current rate and the inflated rate that the Agent has convinced the press is what other clubs will pay and what his player is worth. The proverbial will hit the fan only if the asking price is greater than the available cap will allow.

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.