2019 FG Squad...Thoughts...?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was just a couple of lines the Telegraph saying “live wire” Bulldogs hooker Michael Liccha had been spotted running the streets of Gymea getting ready for pre-season. That’s not word for word but pretty close to it.
Dude's in Bali getting loose lol

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who is this second player which we have signed?
Pay mentioned CNH and another signing to be announced after the finals

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I want him there as well but I’m just not sure who he replaces and you don’t really want to carry a 2nd rower on the bench.
He (Martin) in second row and chn in centres, i think hoppa on wing or isp, he really has had his day and we are looking for youth and a rebuild

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Nick Meaney
02. Christian Crichton
03. Will Hopaote
04. Reimis Smith
05. Kerrod Holland
06. Lachlan Lewis
07. Keiran Foran
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Jeremy Marshall-king
10. David Klemmer
11. Corey Harawira-naera
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Renouf To'omaga
16. Adam Elliott
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
I totally agree with JMK at hooker, he can pass and tackle, very well, leave the attack to Kieren and Lachie, with early ball they will have the time to get the team moving forward and attack correctly, with more options, without us looking like chooks with no heads on, especially in the opposition's 20 metre zone. I still have nightmares of Leecher running backwards 15 metres then running in circles trying to give himself time to do who knows what, then getting smashed)

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep centre hooker we are weak. Plus we have an unproven fb as well. Meaney might end up being a flop or he may end up being good. If we had a gun fb and gun centres then lichaa at hooker wouldn't be such an issue as his a great defender.
Yeh but as a hooker he is also the ball distributor and at that he fails miserably, he his a slow thinker and has poor judgement because of it

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said Holland is any good. I just said his a great goal kicker. Ive got Holland in the team because we have absolutely noone else to put in the centres. We have no depth in the centre position we have no choice but to put Holland there unless we buy someone. While the edge backrow position we have alot of depth.

Besides if you really think Martin starts ahead of CHN,RFM or Jackson then tell me why he played in the nsw cup finals while r.smith and lewis didnt?
Because he wanted to

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He (Martin) in second row and chn in centres, i think hoppa on wing or isp, he really has had his day and we are looking for youth and a rebuild
I'm not really convinced about CHN in the centres its the hardest place to defend and he doesn't really have the pace.

I can't remember him playing in the centres at all for Penrith and I'm sick and tired of playing players out of position.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not really convinced about CHN in the centres its the hardest place to defend and he doesn't really have the pace.

I can't remember him playing in the centres at all for Penrith and I'm sick and tired of playing players out of position.
He came through as a centre (I think) he has definitely played there, and I think he debut at centre. But he obviously has been growing

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why even talk about it hes been signed as a 2nd rower wont play centre
Well we don’t know that for sure. Good thing to chat about as our centre stocks are absolute shite, and I haven’t seen any other teams, but having Kerrod Holland as a teams most experienced and best centre is shocking. We will be talking about this centre pairing for years... Holland and Montoya.... geeez. And our backup? Hoppa and a 19 year old kid who hasn’t even played a full season of reserve grade. It’s hard to believe

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why even talk about it hes been signed as a 2nd rower wont play centre
Because we have plenty of quality back rowers and a deficit of centres. Plus he played in the centre this season and these days there’s not a lot of difference between a wide playing back rower and a centre.

I don’t know if it’s Pay’s plan but it’s not bad strategy to have someone on the bench who can play in the forwards or backs.

Go Dogs

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated Team list (on assumption Klem out Napa In)

01. Will Hopoate
02. Christian Crichton
03. Marcelo Montoya
04. Reimis Smith
05. Kerrod Holland
06. Lachlan Lewis
07. Keiran Foran
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Corey Harawira-naera
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Josh Jackson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Adam Elliott
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

God help us

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ISP (providing we don’t sign any outside backs and play Crichton in FG)

1. Meaney
2. Okenbour
3. Olive
4. Harper
5. Montoya
6. Nu Brown
7. Cogger
8. Tualau
9. JMK
10. Ogden
11. C.Smith
12. Toomaga