Is Foran Bad for the Bulldogs Rebuild?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran will be good for the development of Lewis and the other young halves, it's just a shame at the price it comes at... but who knows what will happen next year, most have given up on him but I have some optimism... Obviously I'm not expecting a Manly Foran, but if he can add to what we were doing towards the end of the season, then that's better than nothing at this stage

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foran will be good for the development of Lewis and the other young halves, it's just a shame at the price it comes at... but who knows what will happen next year, most have given up on him but I have some optimism... Obviously I'm not expecting a Manly Foran, but if he can add to what we were doing towards the end of the season, then that's better than nothing at this stage
True. He is an expensive part of the roster thanks to Dib/Des. Fact. Gotta hope for the best.

Either he gets healthy and contributes like the reported million dollar player wage he receives

Or

He realises, along with everyone else, that spending majority of the season on the sidelines busted, is not sustainable or in everyone's best interests...different situation if he sustained all the injuries whilst playing for us but he hasn't, so it is incumbent on him to do the right thing by
the Club and his team mates.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK should never have been extended, especially consider he never showed anything on the field for us prior to re-signing.
What if he extended at 100k per year? That’s good value.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Foran may be broken down but you have to admit he is a smart footballer. If anything, he will be a great mentor to Prince.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good value would be no extension at all for JMK
He’s 23 and barely had a taste of full time training. He’s got potential to be a good squad player, and if you can get one of those for 100k then your laughin

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The author of that article has rocks in his head.
JMK is the answer to a question, no ones asking. He offers nothing in attack.
Foran in the only half at the club, that’s capable of taking pressure off Lewis.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s 23 and barely had a taste of full time training. He’s got potential to be a good squad player, and if you can get one of those for 100k then your laughin

Only for some reason he seems to be a walk up start for the top grade... the only other teams who would have him in their top squad is like Tigers and Parra

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesnt matter if hes bad or good for rebuild. Hes contracted to us so he is one of us. Make the most of it. Im sure if he breaks down again for whole season himself and club would have to look into retirement for him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty rubbish article TBH.

Anyone who thinks JMK is a long term halves option is off chops.
THIS , I stopped reading after that point, but I did get a glimpse of Foran @ 13 just before I closed the article and had another chuckle at the incompetence of this journo..

We will struggle to find places for our existing Backrowers ...

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran to lock. Fuck......
What is wrong with some people?
Imagine him..... oh, don't bother....... fuck

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran may be broken down but you have to admit he is a smart footballer. If anything, he will be a great mentor to Prince.
Used to think the exact same thing. I just wish his body isn’t so fucked.. he would have been a solid solid purchase.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could pay someone like Matty Johns, ( the supposed halves whisperer) 20% his price to be his mentor, and it wouldn’t have gone against the cap.

Des and Dib’s desperate play to hold onto power continues to roger us royally.

Worst signing we have ever made in my humble opinion.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So according to the writer Foran can't handle running a team due to his hamstrings, but has no problem with Foran handling the defensive workload of a lock! lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran playing at 50% is still more creative than JMK. I don't see anything in JMK rather than just a tackler.