Opinion Thanks for the service Beastwood

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Kicked a great conversion also. Love ya beasty hope he can get a job off field for our club. Teach the young guys

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He copped a lot from the fans late in his career, but he gave us many great years. He was never all that quick, but his ability to read when a short pass was on and to break through a bunch of defenders made him one of my favorite players for a long time. It's a shame he didn't get to spend the full season in the NRL after his heart surgey. But I wish him all the best with whatever comes next. He hasn't confirmed that he's retiring as far as I know, but I've not heard that he's signed up elsewhere either. Thanks for the memories Beast.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldog champ..thanks for the memories..

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
id love to have him around the club in one role or another

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would really love to see him saddle up again next year and knowing him he would probably do so as an Intrust player and not feel belittled by it or offended. Health may be a consideration though.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sad to see the big fella go, but what a way to leave the club.

Has been superb in past few months.

Farewell Greg Eastwood..... NSW Cup Premier AND State Champion !!

View attachment 7657

I see Freddy took the jerseys to be embroidered again...... Both Intrust NSW and Intrust State Champions...Oh yeah!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player for the club over the years.
Injury and fitness caught up with him but his commitment could never be questioned.
Great way to finish his playing career with the club.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to him.. was a beast early in his career but was a mistake to tie up salary cap in him post around 2014

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great player for the club over the years.
Injury and fitness caught up with him but hus commitment could never be questioned.
Great way to finish his playing career with the club.
A few years ago my husband was asked to be part of the guard of honour at a Dogs vs. Sharks game at ANZ as a reward for attending all games that season.

He was rapt to be wearing the number 10 which was Beast's designated jersey that day. After the game back at the League's club he was able to get Greg to sign it...now one of his framed jerseys which he will put in his man cave once it is completed.

Beast is a champion and will always be a Bulldog....

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was a game changer when he came on but I think he lost a lot of confidence after his health issues

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said everyone, on his day one of the most damaging forwards in the game

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my fondest memory will be the run/try against Souffs in the 2012 prelim final. All the best Beast !
Still remember how long it took beasty to get to the try line looked slow motion lol also his intercept on Thurston's pass against the cows at Belmore was great and add to that the one against Melb in 2014 finals(intercepted by Greg Inglis as ray Warren said lol) he was fun to watch in open space the beast and real likeable bloke outside of footy always had time for a chat. Will be sorely missed around our club

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Beastwood had some dam good years of service with us. Best of luck to him where ever he goes.