Power brokers look to oust Beattie and Greenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio a report from James Hooper who has stated that several clubs are looking to combine forces to oust the two NRL head honchos on the basis of double standards regarding incidents which have blackened the name of the game.

There are clubs that are extremely unhappy as to the outcome of the sexting scandal in that both Souths and the perpetrators of the incident have been given a free pass. It sticks in their craws that no code of conduct was broken in this instance yet other similar incidents were deemed to have broken that said code and thus players and clubs were punished rather harshly.

It is hard not to think that there may certainly be a legitimate gripe from others in the game when you consider past punishments and the time taken to bring them to a close.

This whole thing stinks with every single base covered with some rather wacky explanations as to how the players and the club have thus far escaped sanction.

The timing of the revelation after a time frame of 5 months since it occurred; the emails that were apparently unanswered because they went to junk mail after the original email was replied to and the author assured the complaint would be investigated because the club takes complaints very seriously( that would be a lot of emails for an NRL club and one would think that you would look at the titles of the emails before you deleted them in case one or two did go there to the junk files in error). The accusation that the Roosters had some sort of part in the leaking of information because the complainant was a Roosters fan and had close ties to the club.

The watch shown on the hand of the person exposing themselves is no longer in their possession because they "gifted' it to one of their team mates.

The fact that it was confirmed in the media it was the social media account of the principle player named in the accusation but he did not send it nor participate in it even though another close to him has stated ' he made a mistake'

The claims that the women 'fled' to South Africa to escape questioning when she in fact went there on a holiday.

Let's hope that if this is the case that the clubs take their time with the whole complaint process just like the NRL loves to even though this little hiccup was done and dusted in pretty quick time just because they did not want the finals series under a cloud.

I cannot find any link online but I am sure that it will only be a matter of time.

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About bloody time. I was starting to think we were just being biased but it seems everyone else is seeing the same as us. Please for sake of this great game get rid of them. Best news ive heard all year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That news is up there with the joy of us hopefully winning ISP tomorrow.

Maybe rugby league will survive after all.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many clubs have had harsh punishments directed their way. Look at Carney being banned from the game for pissing in his own mouth, Pearce and his punishments for groping the woman in the yellow dress and then trying more with someones dog, Canberra have a few legitimate complaints which I can't think of. But for clubs less financially stable it has to come as a shock and a worry to see a club fined 1/4 of a million when they have been stalked at a private function. The hammer has probably struck pretty close to too many clubs who would know that their mad monday shenanigans have probably seen worse behavior. I really hope there is truth to this story and we get some people in charge in the not so distant future who care about the game and aren't just chasing the job because it's a high profile position that will lead to more high profile well paid positions.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wouldn’t trust them to run a bath.
Look at the schmozle Beattie did with Commonwealth games.
Greenberg is just pure slime. If he was on fire, you wouldn’t piss on him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Interesting. I started a thread about a week ago ("Revolution") hoping that the recent BS may be a catalyst for change. One thing is certain, if things don't change and very very soon then I am goneski's from footy forever. The new fans whoever they are that like the way this shite is can watch it, I remember what the footy use to be like and this shite isn't even close to it!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Never liked greenberg. Hes a fukn slimy snake the way he goes about things
He is mostly a puppet. News Corp say jump and he asks how high. I liked Greenturd when he was our ceo, but since then hes a weak game ruining puppet

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wouldn’t trust them to run a bath.
Look at the schmozle Beattie did with Commonwealth games.
Greenberg is just pure slime. If he was on fire, you wouldn’t piss on him.
I would.... Then I'd light the **** back up again

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hooper is always full of shit.
But the NRL has to be the most hated sport governing body of any sport in the world.
Greenburg
Beatie
Sutton 1 & Sutton 2
Should all be shown the door.
Nowhere near.

Try UEFA. or FIFA lol.

But yes, they're scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.