The Final Straw

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if the events, lynch mob, hysteria and excessive punishment of the last week wasn't enough, the codes alleged leader finally talked about the Burgess story.

As expected, nearly two weeks later Greenberg finally crawls out of his hole and says the following:

"I’m not prepared to talk about individuals who will be interviewed because it’s not fair to do that."

“You can never control the timing, but you have to let the process run its course. We want to get it right.”

Could there be clearer double standards? We weren't afforded the same patience and due process as Burgess and our punishment was handed down in a matter of days before any investigation took place.

Will any spineless media in this country ask him the same question when he fronts them?

I've boycotted the finals and any slim chance my missus had of convincing me to watch the Grand Final went out the window when Greenberg confirmed what we all knew, that the NRL is a corrupt competition that favours certain teams.

It would be nice if anyone in the media had the balls to call these imposters out for such blatant double standards and hypocrisy so they could get fired like they deserve to.

Greenberg and the media are the ones bringing he game into disrepute, not the players or clubs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other moronic thing in this extortion attempt by the NRL on our club is that they've alienated and pushed away thousands of fans from the game from the most heavily supported team in the competition.

They went for a quick theft of 250k, but will lose millions in reduced ticket sales, ratings and merchandise as people turn their back on the sport.

Way to look at the big picture NRL.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ours was a trial by media, Burgess got his solicitor involved to reduce the chance of trial by media.

Mad monday scandal was created and facilitated by the media, we had no chance from the start

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if the events, lynch mob, hysteria and excessive punishment of the last week wasn't enough, the codes alleged leader finally talked about the Burgess story.

As expected, nearly two weeks later Greenberg finally crawls out of his hole and says the following:

"I’m not prepared to talk about individuals who will be interviewed because it’s not fair to do that."

“You can never control the timing, but you have to let the process run its course. We want to get it right.”

Could there be clearer double standards? We weren't afforded the same patience and due process as Burgess and our punishment was handed down in a matter of days before any investigation took place.

Will any spineless media in this country ask him the same question when he fronts them?

I've boycotted the finals and any slim chance my missus had of convincing me to watch the Grand Final went out the window when Greenberg confirmed what we all knew, that the NRL is a corrupt competition that favours certain teams.

It would be nice if anyone in the media had the balls to call these imposters out for such blatant double standards and hypocrisy so they could get fired like they deserve to.

Greenberg and the media are the ones bringing he game into disrepute, not the players or clubs.

Bravo. Well said. The only Grand final I am interested in is the ISP one and only because we are in it. I bet that sticks in the craws of all of those who love to hate us. The spineless media is another reason that things like this happen...no consistency and fair play between incidents instead it is WHO is involved not what they do.

We want to get it right..laughable....

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

Greenturd and the NRL are double standard mother fuckers.

The media is even worse

Absolute disgrace and I can understand your decision to boycott the finals

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ours was a trial by media, Burgess got his solicitor involved to reduce the chance of trial by media.

Mad monday scandal was created and facilitated by the media, we had no chance from the start
Thats correct but this is what shits me is our club just cops it like a bitch despite being a wealthy powerful club we never push back but we should

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck Todd Jewburg, Fuck the NRL, Fuck the media scumbag vultures and Fuck anyone else who wants to join them.

The double standards and hypocrisies shown time and time again by NRL and media has finally turned me off this game I once loved. I am sick to death seeing my team be crucified over and over again, while most other teams get treated less harshly for incidents similar or worse.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The shylock is doing a Burgess saying fuck all.
He mose well have just stayed back in his cave after that bullshit.

Big Sam is going to address the media about the incident = I can't really talk about it.

The Jew finally crawls out of hiding = I can't really talk about it.

Sam and the Jew, thanks for nothing u cucks.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Thats correct but this is what shits me is our club just cops it like a bitch despite being a wealthy powerful club we never push back but we should
Yeah.

Just like we bent over and copped it from the NRL over the Coffs Harbour stuff (even though no one was ever charged and a lead investigator later said it was apparent very early no charges would ever be laid).

The fucking media relentlessly drove that campaign against us to the point where I wouldn't even pick up a newspaper or read stuff on the internet.

The whole thing just went on and on and on ....

We bent over and copped it over Black Friday. Grimace Castle hung our players out to dry.

The media had us convicted even before a decision was made. So of course the NRL obliged and fucked our season. James Graham was never the same after that.

We bent over and copped the Mad Monday stuff from Belmore a few years ago where man-head Jayne Azzopardi claimed comments were directed to her.

We bent over and copped a ridiculous fucking fine for wearing our home jerseys ... to a home game.

And we are going to bend over for current Mad Monday too.

I just don't get it because we are a powerful club but it's like we are too scared to stand up for anything.

It's not like the NRL can treat us any worse than it already does, is it?

So we just become the NRLs bitches and whipping boys.

Over and over again.

I am so fucking sick of it

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have no fucks left to give with any of this stuff. Totally over it all and seemingly like a lot of us, if the dogs weren't in the comp, I wouldn't bother at all with the corrupt, biased and unprofessional nrl.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh make no mistake we pushed back as hard as we could on this one. The carefully worded message to us fans was the template in part for the reply to the NRL. Said all the right things and that is partly why the DT ramped up their campaign with the revelations of other things that happened. Those other things that happened were also behind closed doors so just how did they get their extra grubby little story regarding the drinks etc??? Methinks that there were eyes inside the establishment unless of course the reporter and his camera man have x-ray vision or were able to get photos that should have been impossible to get.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im convinced that since Todd has been in the nrl job, hes trying so hard to show him once being our ceo doesnt make him biased, that hes gone too far the other way and overdoes punishing us for any minor indiscretion

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh make no mistake we pushed back as hard as we could on this one. The carefully worded message to us fans was the template in part for the reply to the NRL. Said all the right things and that is partly why the DT ramped up their campaign with the revelations of other things that happened. Those other things that happened were also behind closed doors so just how did they get their extra grubby little story regarding the drinks etc??? Methinks that there were eyes inside the establishment unless of course the reporter and his camera man have x-ray vision or were able to get photos that should have been impossible to get.
With Murdoch's hatred running through their views, the local editors, journos, papparazzi will just be relentless ALL year...not just Mad Monday etc. We are the bad guys, have the wrong ethnic background etc.

Unfortunately we are on a hiding to nothing with push back because there is no limit, no level low enough that these scumbags wont stoop to to vilify us.

Only chance we have is to get to:-

1. Give Newscorp some free shares in the Club :grinning:

2. Take our destiny in our own hands and market ourselves as the cool Nike sponsored mavericks with associated targetted marketing and force the change that way cos we simply cant be ignored and heavily influence the game. That may give us a better chance of recruiting.

3. Wise up to the vindictiveness of News Corp in all its forms and stop being naiive about venues, functions, player behaviour. Accept that its Front Page for even jay walking...but ...stop jay walking.

4. Do nothing. Keep calm and suck it up as usual.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im convinced that since Todd has been in the nrl job, hes trying so hard to show him once being our ceo doesnt make him biased, that hes gone too far the other way and overdoes punishing us for any minor indiscretion

Mate it seems that way doesn't it? Lots of fans of other clubs in their forums etc. have used the line that he would go EASY on us......nah....

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Todd Jewburg, Fuck the NRL, Fuck the media scumbag vultures and Fuck anyone else who wants to join them.

The double standards and hypocrisies shown time and time again by NRL and media has finally turned me off this game I once loved. I am sick to death seeing my team be crucified over and over again, while most other teams get treated less harshly for incidents similar or worse.
I dont know why, but reading the first line of your post made me think of "Hit Em Up" by Tupac

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know what the agenda is here other than the dogs being treated like crap. We should fight back and go back as far as Coffs and ask for an explanation as to why we were fined when no one was charged and even the police saying the girl should of been charged and our money back to the club. Sharkies and especially Souths are the nrl favourites with the refs and the incompetent nrl. What a joke the crowd was last week with game against Penrith and sharks the crowd no better than a club game. On Burgess his made out to be the innocent guy yet there waiting to see if he had consent. What it’s ok for a league player to show his cock on Facebook if the other party says it’s ok .. what a joke. No action. Any wonder other football codes are walking all over nrl.. slow death

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love Curtis Rona's Instagram story he shared today. He was at Harbour View Hotel showing his confusion of where the F these idiots took these photos from. You should check it out if you're following him.

Absolute shits me still!

Status
Not open for further replies.