Share a Favourite Song

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know, it hurts to think back of all those fine musicians I grew up listening to, who are no longer on this Earth :(

Huge grunge fan growing up and carried me through a lot of tough times growing up. Music was what saved me in many ways. Papa Roach, Stone Temple Pilots, Our Lady Peace, Soundgarden, Staind, Faith No More, Slash, Alterbridge, Stonesour, etc.

I could go on and on with links, but you get the idea. Here are some that stick with me.

Alice in Chains - Would (RIP Layne Staley - taken 2002)

Johnny Cash - Hurt (RIP Johnny Cash - taken 2003)

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (RIP Scott Weiland - taken 2015)

Soundgarden - Spoonman (RIP Chris Cornell - taken 2017)

Linkin Park - Heavy (RIP Chester Bennington - taken 2017)

*Note - why I picked Heavy is because it's the final track that Chester Bennington wrote / clip he was in before passing away. *

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and just to give another example how broad my musical tastes are (and this doesn't include musical theatre either):

Staind - Something to Remind You

Carlos Santana - Maria Maria (and other part instrumentalists like Hendrix, Slash, and Michael Angelo Batio)

Sean Paul - Got 2 Luv U (plus some tracks from artists like Sean Kingston, Akon, etc)

Ellie Goulding - First Time (plus some tracks from artists like Taylor Swift, Adele, etc)

Robin Schulz (feat Jasmine Thompson) - Sun Goes Down (plus artists like Martin Garrix, Skrillex, ATB, Calvin Harris, Armin Van Buuren, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, David Guetta, Avicii (RIP)).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and this... I left till last. Sentimental songs that hold real personal meaning to me.

This beautiful piece of classic piano I liked before I even had a calling to use it, and when that calling came, it cemented itself in my life as a special song that now brings me to tears.
This is the song I used in a photo tribute to my late grandfather (at his funeral) earlier this year ... :cry::cry:

Ludovico Einaudi's Nuvole Bianche

and another sentimental song is this (which my wife and I closed off our wedding night too).

Semisonic - Closing Time

and what we shared our wedding dance to (the lyrics have such personal meaning to me).

Sum41 - With Me

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@ mr invisible
Johnny cash cover of hurt good choice, he nailed it

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

It's Easy Mkay - SOUTH PARK

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You know, it hurts to think back of all those fine musicians I grew up listening to, who are no longer on this Earth :(

Huge grunge fan growing up and carried me through a lot of tough times growing up. Music was what saved me in many ways. Papa Roach, Stone Temple Pilots, Our Lady Peace, Soundgarden, Staind, Faith No More, Slash, Alterbridge, Stonesour, etc.

I could go on and on with links, but you get the idea. Here are some that stick with me.

Alice in Chains - Would (RIP Layne Staley - taken 2002)

Johnny Cash - Hurt (RIP Johnny Cash - taken 2003)

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (RIP Scott Weiland - taken 2015)

Soundgarden - Spoonman (RIP Chris Cornell - taken 2017)

Linkin Park - Heavy (RIP Chester Bennington - taken 2017)

*Note - why I picked Heavy is because it's the final track that Chester Bennington wrote / clip he was in before passing away. *
I know mate it's sad all the big grunge singers died young.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
and this... I left till last. Sentimental songs that hold real personal meaning to me.

This beautiful piece of classic piano I liked before I even had a calling to use it, and when that calling came, it cemented itself in my life as a special song that now brings me to tears.
This is the song I used in a photo tribute to my late grandfather (at his funeral) earlier this year ... :cry::cry:

Ludovico Einaudi's Nuvole Bianche

and another sentimental song is this (which my wife and I closed off our wedding night too).

Semisonic - Closing Time

and what we shared our wedding dance to (the lyrics have such personal meaning to me).

Sum41 - With Me
I love Einaudi's work. His Taranta Project is one of my favourite compositions.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

Don't Follow - ALICE IN CHAINS

RIP Layne.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seriously. 46 and 2, Sober, Vicarious, there's so much to like.
Yeah, man.... i could totally get by on a musical diet of Tool and Radiohead if I had to.

3rd Eye, Eulogy, Lateralus, The Grudge, Jambi, Hooker With a Penis. Pretty much any tool song.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dyewitness-masterplan
Tiesto, diplo, busta rhymes-C’mon

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All old rock songs!! Not judging just making an observation

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded