24. Meaney
25. Nu Brown
26. Burr
27. Tualau
28. Okenbour
28. Olive
29. Cerutto
30. Cleeland

Does anyone know if Cerutto & Cleeland have re-signed yet?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cleeland won’t be there and Ceruto had a option for next year not sure in who’s favour it was.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa centres and meane at full back. Our spine is way too slow atm

Reactions: baz

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney will get first go at fullback. I would like to see Holland and CHN in the centres. Hoppa is just to slow to be effective.

Reactions: baz

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Backline is tough to predict as further signings/strong preseasons will dictate a lot. I’m fairly certain about the forward pack though:

8. Tolman
9. Lichaa (if Seggy doesn’t come)
10. Klemmer
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Elliot
15. Sue
16. Fualolo
17. Ogden

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney will get first go at fullback. I would like to see Holland and CHN in the centres. Hoppa is just to slow to be effective.
Can’t believe we can’t sign a decent centre and I’m so pissed off that pay didn’t give Cleeland a go in first grade ahead of Frawley......it’s not like we were ever in semi finals contention....it was the perfect opportunity to see him perform with better players around him....he was going to leave at the end of 2017 if Hasler was still coaching but pay wanted him to stay....feel sorry for the kid because all he wantS is an opportunity and I honestly believe he has potential....look at Lewis.....what did he do in nsw cup...nothing special....but put him in first grade with better players and he plays so much better....pay should have given him a go

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. ?
5. ?
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. ?
10. Klemmer
11. Mariner
12. Martin
13. Jackson (c)

14. CHN
15. Elliot
16. Ogden
17. Sue / Fualalo

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can’t believe we can’t sign a decent centre and I’m so pissed off that pay didn’t give Cleeland a go in first grade ahead of Frawley......it’s not like we were ever in semi finals contention....it was the perfect opportunity to see him perform with better players around him....he was going to leave at the end of 2017 if Hasler was still coaching but pay wanted him to stay....feel sorry for the kid because all he wantS is an opportunity and I honestly believe he has potential....look at Lewis.....what did he do in nsw cup...nothing special....but put him in first grade with better players and he plays so much better....pay should have given him a go
Totally agree. He suffered also because he wasn't in the top 30 so couldn't be played

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably would like hoppa as our utility.
He does have football smarts in him and covers many positions. Albeit at slow motion. Injected in tiring defences he might appear quicker.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Impossible to say till club 100% confirms who has gone.

How do you know Cleeland wont be there? he wasnt' farewelled when all other player leaving were
Cleeland and Tualau both gone.

Cleeland is like 27/28 and yet to crack NRL. That speaks volumes.

For every good thing he does, there's one bad thing and a missed tackle (or rushing out in defence). Not to mention he goes missing for periods in the game.

If you're pushing for first grade contention you can't afford to be that inconsistent.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa has such good ball playing ability, I think he needs time to bed down a centre spot. Things he needs to work on are defence. I think honestly this will come with time, he has been shifted around so much, it may be hard for him to properly learn.

He lacks the burst of speed to be a truly top tier full back... which is a shame because his link play is truly top of the class in the nrl.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa deserves to be there. Silky skills and one of the most courageous players I've seen. A bit slow but makes up for it with everything else. Our pack should be quite strong next year. Definitely short a strike centre. But if Morgan is the goods I'm happy to wait and watch him develop