Marshall-King at centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's no secret that our CTW stocks are down with the Morris brothers departing at the end of the season. While we appear to have found our halves in Lewis and Foran with Cogger backing up, it leaves JMK without a position. I'm not a huge fan of him at hooker, and I think Woolford, Brown, and Lichaa would all be in line to wear the #9 next year ahead of him. Kind of leaves him without a position. However, I actually think his skill set would allow him to be a decent centre. His defense is strong, he is pretty quick (he showed when he chased down Rapana earlier this year), and he's fairly elusive. I'm not saying that he'd set the world on fire, but I honestly think it'd be worth a crack having him train in the centres in the pre-season. He has some skill and some pace, just struggles as a primary playmaker. I think he could defend his edge well, create some scoring opportunities and even utilize his short kicking game like we saw from Jack Bird in the centres at the Sharks.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s physically powerful enough for centre.

It’s true that he doesn’t seem to have a position, including any position in first grade.

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s physically powerful enough for centre.

It’s true that he doesn’t seem to have a position, including any position in first grade.
Yeah fair point, but at only 22y/o he could potentially add some size to his frame and play out there. It's a bit 'what if', but I'm not sure where else he would be able to play for the foreseeable future.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah fair point, but at only 22y/o he could potentially add some size to his frame and play out there. It's a bit 'what if', but I'm not sure where else he would be able to play for the foreseeable future.
I don’t think it’s worth trying to make him fit into a position he’s unsuitable for at the expense of another youngster.

22 isn’t too young to gauge his potential physical ability.

NSW Cup depth until he can prove he’s up to first grade IMO.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nope. Basically falls over everytime he breaks a tackle. He's a nothing player that can fill in spots well enough defensively but offers fuck all else. His best bet is probably as a hooker but i really hope we don't waste anymore time on him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope. Basically falls over everytime he breaks a tackle. He's a nothing player that can fill in spots well enough defensively but offers fuck all else. His best bet is probably as a hooker but i really hope we don't waste anymore time on him.
Perfect summary

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely not a centre. Best position is on the bench as a utility/hooker

Foran is not the answer in the halves

Lichaa, Brown & Jmk are not the answer at 9

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mr fix it off the bench... nothing more.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the kid I really do, but pay gave him a good shot at it all season pretty much..!! He has great defence but I’m not sure where to from here for him or where he fits.

I wanted him to succeed in a big way an had big hopes for him. About all that can be said as I’m not going to rubbish him because the effort is not the problem.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

This. He should be nowhere near our top 30 let alone the top 17

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
an article today in the telegraph where JMK made the comment that Dean Pay has told him moving forward he is a hooker, and that's where he will focus his training in the coming off season

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be a target every game. His physicality and defence are not up to it in to NRL standard.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely not a centre. Best position is on the bench as a utility/hooker

Foran is not the answer in the halves

Lichaa, Brown & Jmk are not the answer at 9

From what I saw of woolfred today he isn’t made for first grade with defence like that

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont understand why they are trying to create a hooker. We have a ready made hooker in Woolford.
With a proper pre-season there, he will slot right in. But, they have to resign him first.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have enough centres and wingers to get us by without having to try and move JMK there but I'd like us to make a marquee centre signing that can break a game open (Preferably Manu).

Smith, Hopoate, Holland, Montoya, Crichton, Olive, Harper, Bergamin and Carr are our current options for next season but other then maybe Smith we don't have an above average player that can break a game open and win us games.

What I'd want to see is:
1. Meaney
2. Harper
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to Johnny Olive? I reckon if he fixes his defence and trains hard in the pre season he should start in the centre. He replaced Josh Morris successfully earlier this year so is familiar with that side.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa/holland we have our centres

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont understand why they are trying to create a hooker. We have a ready made hooker in Woolford.
With a proper pre-season there, he will slot right in. But, they have to resign him first.
after watching him today I didn't see anything from him that said he'd ever make the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.