Our team compared to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lolol they say they have a cap in place to even out the competition right, but have a look at our squad compared to a team like the roosters ha its laughable, but but but the capp, even with a fucking cap clubs are buying whoever the fuck they want anyway. This topics been done to death but the game will not get better until we understand that some clubs are untouchable. Our team is not nrl standard, yet we are in a competition with a team like roosters who apparently operate the same cap haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa im done fuck this shit

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
lolol they say they have a cap in place to even out the competition right, but have a look at our squad compared to a team like the roosters ha its laughable, but but but the capp, even with a fucking cap clubs are buying whoever the fuck they want anyway. This topics been done to death but the game will not get better until we understand that some clubs are untouchable. Our team is not nrl standard, yet we are in a competition with a team like roosters who apparently operate the same cap haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa im done fuck this shit
Don't blame the system. Dib, Castle and Hasler fucked up and are 100% responsible for our shithouse squad.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing is I don’t know any nrl supporter who doesn’t agree with all that. It’s so obvious that certain teams don’t really have a cap. Roosters as you mentioned are one prime example followed by Souths and a few others. How on earth can roosters pretty much have almost all there players playing some king of rep footy and be under the cap?

Souths have almost all the burger bros and gun halves with cook as Hooker and inglis sitting on the sideline and still manage to sign great players.

I understand Des and co f up our cap but for Christ sake the teams run by the NRL Newcastle and titans shows what team you can have when you follow the cap. It’s all a load of crap and nrl from ref to cap situations is going down hill fast.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The funny thing is I don’t know any nrl supporter who doesn’t agree with all that. It’s so obvious that certain teams don’t really have a cap. Roosters as you mentioned are one prime example followed by Souths and a few others. How on earth can roosters pretty much have almost all there players playing some king of rep footy and be under the cap?

Souths have almost all the burger bros and gun halves with cook as Hooker and inglis sitting on the sideline and still manage to sign great players.

I understand Des and co f up our cap but for Christ sake the teams run by the NRL Newcastle and titans shows what team you can have when you follow the cap. It’s all a load of crap and nrl from ref to cap situations is going down hill fast.
exactly theres no point of it when some clubs are still buying whoever while other clubs get the crumbs

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Half our side are actual nsw cup players, its fucked how messed up our salary cap is.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either because of TPA's or brown paper bags some team have a massive advantage, wouldn't be surprised if some clubs get as much as $2M advantage through TPA.s. with the current situation and it would be legal.
Our club is currently paying Foran $1M which is dead money, and how much are they paying Kasiano Graham now Woods and Mbye to play for other clubs, at a guess I would say at east another $2M. It wouldn't surprise me if a club like the rotters are legally allowed to spend $4 - $5M more than us on players, and thats without fringe benefits and brown paper bags.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have cap problems, yet Rorters are still buying rep players. It's laughable

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have cap space , the problem now is we we cant attract anyone of note

Cogger Meaney Crighton all reserve grade at best at moment

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple, other clubs have high reputation which players would sacrifice salaries to play for. They also manage their caps better and use / abuse TPAs.

We have had shit cap management in the past, have a bad rep atm (even if we had the dosh, who the fuck would want to play for us? Seriously, ask yourself that question. Someone with no passion for the dogs, why would they join when they can play for bunnies/roosters/sharks etc etc??????).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't forget what a difference Lewis, Foran and RFM would make to this team.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Cheating the Salary Cap would have to be the easiest thing to do. One physical folder away from the club with agreements with players with third party businesses that pay them AFTER they retired from the NRL for up to 10 years. Meaning, they have a retirement fund that is not linked because they are no longer registered with the NRL. Way too easy to cheat the cap and Politis is probably doing it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't forget what a difference Lewis, Foran and RFM would make to this team.
What burns me is that we have $1m a year wasted on Foran this year and for the next 2, as well as the money payed to players to play against us, knowing the exact amount would be interesting.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What burns me is that we have $1m a year wasted on Foran this year and for the next 2, as well as the money payed to players to play against us, knowing the exact amount would be interesting.
If Foran breaks down next season, he will not be with the club any longer.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't blame the system. Dib, Castle and Hasler fucked up and are 100% responsible for our shithouse squad.
That’s what happens when u put fraudsters like Hasler in charge of our cap......I applaud the roosters for the way they manage the cap and their recruitment....people can say they are cheating but I think because they are a strong club they don’t need to pay overs for players....we overpay our players,,,,simple as that

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh FFS I thought we had well and truly moved on from this topic.

We've cleared the plate and have money to spend, just need to lock down targets.
Problem is there is very little quality players off contract this year, though it would be nice if we could nab Segeyaro & Ken Maumalo, especially since the Warriors have just re-signed David Fusitua on a monster deal till 2023

We still have a few of players we must get rid of at the end of this season and we can continue with the rebuild.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s what happens when u put fraudsters like Hasler in charge of our cap......I applaud the roosters for the way they manage the cap and their recruitment....people can say they are cheating but I think because they are a strong club they don’t need to pay overs for players....we overpay our players,,,,simple as that
You have raised an interesting point. We were paying over the top for some of our players, and haven't had any sort of local club development where juniors can come through the ranks. That has forced us to buy every player from other teams at a cost to our junior development. The deal with Northern NSW will alleviate that problem, but will take years before we see the results.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran breaks down next season, he will not be with the club any longer.
Ian I'd bet that he will break down next year but will the NRL allow us to medically retire him an therefore save on the cap.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What you’re saying is true, the point is how they handle the 3rd party top ups.
BRISBANE have an entire city, a rugby league city, with businesses climbing over each other to throw money in. Roosters have the luxury of their area / demographic typically being wealthy businessmen too, also plenty of money to throw into 3rd party deals.
The NRL know this, and want the money in the game however have no acumen on how to control it nor see any reason to. For them it’s fine to leave as is and pretend it’s equal (very teams have won multiple comps in last 20 years). Some clubs will always be development clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.