Coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looking at other sides (mostly ones doing well) and other threads, I’m wondering if Pay will change the support staff over the off season. Personally Grimaldi yes a premiership player but I really think some of our players lack good condition at times.
David Penna definitely needs to go! What does he even offer? Really need to get a halves coach also to push some skill into young halves at the club! What are your thoughts? Do we bring Georgalis up to a full time assistant? Does Dean need a an assistant with some head coach experience? (I know this can be negative also)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Personally I think Anotelli and Penna need to go, and leave Georgallis to focus on NSW Cup.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Where do i apply?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Billy Johnstone and Michael Hagan please.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was JUST about to start this thread. Beat me to it jpneves lol

The first thing that needs fixing is the defensive coach needs to get sacked ASAP! I know dean pay is head coach and he should be fixing the right edge disastrous problems and he hasnt, but if he had a competent defensive coach then they would work together to fix it if pay couldnt see how to solve it on his own.

Its legit the biggest fucking problem we have! and its not looking like its going to be fixed. and surely the defensive coach gets the blame/immediate sack!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was JUST about to start this thread. Beat me to it jpneves lol

The first thing that needs fixing is the defensive coach needs to get sacked ASAP! I know dean pay is head coach and he should be fixing the right edge disastrous problems and he hasnt, but if he had a competent defensive coach then they would work together to fix it if pay couldnt see how to solve it on his own.

Its legit the biggest fucking problem we have! and its not looking like its going to be fixed. and surely the defensive coach gets the blame/immediate sack!
The irony is, dean pay was Canberra’s defensive coach.

You have your answer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Il be able to make a better judgement on Pay at the end of the season.. the past 3 games weve played Titans Knights Canberra losing 2..

Alot more will be clearer at seasons end once weve played some good sides in next 8 weeks

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There should be a full review of all the back team as well as the team on the field.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For fuck sake, why is the only solution on the Kennel to sack people?
How many here actually know if the assistant coaches or head trainer do a good or bad job??
Careful what you wish for, you may end up with Chris Anderson & Kevin More as the assistants ready to push Pay out the door after 2019.
As it stands now we must be short price favorites for the spoon in 2019.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgiallis, Penna and Anotelli are all support coaching staff.

Would not suprise me if the powers that be try to push Ben Anderson in as an assistant coach and piss Penna off.

Personally I think Anotelli and Penna need to go, and leave Georgallis to focus on NSW Cup.
Penna,Antonelli,georgallis , Grimaldi & Harris at the very least need to go. The system is rotten and obviously not functioning-total revamp of the coaching regime required now!
Pay, Farrar & C Anderson need to have this sorted yesterday. Good to hear M Hughes is finally back in the fold....

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looking at other sides (mostly ones doing well) and other threads, I’m wondering if Pay will change the support staff over the off season. Personally Grimaldi yes a premiership player but I really think some of our players lack good condition at times.
David Penna definitely needs to go! What does he even offer? Really need to get a halves coach also to push some skill into young halves at the club! What are your thoughts? Do we bring Georgalis up to a full time assistant? Does Dean need a an assistant with some head coach experience? (I know this can be negative also)
Agree,I think dean pay has done an admirable job,but some things that surely he would have dealt with early Montoya's side were 13 rounds in over 30 tries scored down his side,like y having 3 players in defence tackling and not locking up the arms,the constant 2nd phase play killed us in most games.having someone like Neil Henry would certainly help,has a great football brain

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think pay should b sacked

A super coach is needed

I hear Des is available

Status
Not open for further replies.