Holland & Smith Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Austin did it pretty easy down that side when he came on.. that defence on that side cost us the game imo..

Our Seasons over anyway so more concerned about how that side is going to be fixed in coming weeks..

It also helps highlight the importance of hanging onto the Morris Bros on the opposite side

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who are some experienced right centres going around at the moment that are off contract? We seriously need to plug that hole up going into 2019.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t understand after the 4th time they split them that smith never once came in and jammed him and if he’s going to get beat get done on the outside. Keep sticking to what wasn’t working should have tried something else.

Terrible ending but fun to watch the guys play with such effort for 75mins was awesome.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland was injured early so hopefully he is better next game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's footy... If Jmoz switched sides, Leilua would have probably given Holland a bath... I do think Jackson copping a hit early effected how well he can usually cover in defence. Hopefully Holland improves because it's actually been his only bad effort for us this year so I can't crucify him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's clear structural issues on our right edge that Pay has failed to address. Holland did cop and early injury and that did make some efforts worse. At the end of the day the most logical and easiest call to make has always been to split the Morris twins.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who are some experienced right centres going around at the moment that are off contract? We seriously need to plug that hole up going into 2019.
He's a better attacker than defender, but Zac Lomax is the best young right centre in the lower grades, not off contract until end of next season. Wish we got Ramien

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's clear structural issues on our right edge that Pay has failed to address. Holland did cop and early injury and that did make some efforts worse. At the end of the day the most logical and easiest call to make has always been to split the Morris twins.
Weakening a perfect defensive combo to possibly improve the other side just doesn't sit right with me. We need to get to the bottom of finding the actual issue and getting the right players to fill that hole on a sustained basis.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Weakening a perfect defensive combo to possibly improve the other side just doesn't sit right with me. We need to get to the bottom of finding the actual issue and getting the right players to fill that hole on a sustained basis.
Especially when we aren’t signing the Morris boys back. May as well work on combinations on the right for next season.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely think Morris's need to be split.
Their experience will calm and rub off immensely whoever is on their outside/inside.
In Holland's defence not sure but I think he was pretty badly hurt (shoulder)

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other hand, together I'd say they're the best defensive side in the comp.. it's tough but I think their influence and experience can be a HUGE help.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay isn't capable of doing it, he was the Raiders defensive coach and we have same issues on our edge as them. Split the Morris' up so they can atleast cover and potentially improve the players decision making around them.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All round it’s just a devastating loss at the death with a few to go. But yes that side got exposed very easily.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our right edge has been an issue all year because these guys can not adjust to Pays defensive schemes which don’t work

Foran
Hoppa
Montoya
Frawley
Olive
Holland
Smith

The defence needs restructuring

I can’t remember a season where we have leaked so many points , line breaks and long range tries

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith never fucked up, it was holland
Wasn't our right side, just holland
He got smoked that many times tonight that there's some bum tryed to pick him out of the gutter as a bumper

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
It wasn’t dutchy’s night.. tough lesson for all of us.. I was on the hill and watched the game with this lovely chap in the bulldogs army ..that loss really hurt

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heaven help us we dont re-sign Morris bros or replace them with quality

What will the backline look like

2. RSmith
3. Holland
4. Montoya
5. Crighton

4 wingers lol

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The right hand side defensive problem has been there for years now. Doesn’t matter who our winger and centre are we seem to leak points on that side of the field. Problem exists further in field I suspect, as much as it pains me to say, Jackson may be the issue? He is a terrific one on one defender but may be better served in the middle of the park. He seems to of been the only constant in an area that has been weak no matter what combo on the right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.