Bulldogs forward Ofahiki Ogden’s game plan is simply to go out on field and bash blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DON’T let Ofahiki Ogden’s beaming ear-to-ear smile fool you.

Behind the wide grin is a young forward eager to make a name for himself in the NRL as a ‘hard as nails’ enforcer.

Canterbury’s salary cap woes paved the way for Ogden to make his debut last weekend against Newcastle and now he wants to cement a spot in coach Dean Pay’s first 17.

Like many young players from New Zealand, Ogden is softly spoken and cuts a shy demeanour.

Ofahiki Ogden will look to play an impact role off the bench against the Raiders. Picture: Richard Dobson
But that all changes on the football field when the referee blows time on and the Mangere East Hawks junior only has one thing on his mind.

“It’s just something I like doing, going out there and smashing blokes and trying to run over people. It’s always been like that for me, run as hard you can and tackle as hard as you can,” he said.

Fellow Bulldogs forward Adam Elliott described Ogden as ‘hard as nails’ and said he runs so hard that the rest of his teammates try and avoid his big hits and ‘big shoulders’ during their training sessions.

Ogden, who was poached from the Warriors, says his aggressive approach to every battle upfront makes him tailor made for the physicality of the NRL.

He says he’ll be using Saturday night’s clash against Canberra’s behemoth pack to prove to Pay he deserves to be a regular in his side.

“I think I am made for it, but there are a few things I need to work on in my defence and what I'm doing at the moment, but talking to my defensive coaches trying to work on my game so I can get better,” he said.

Ogden says he simply likes to run hard and tackle hard. Picture: Richard Dobson
“I want to go out there and challenge other forwards in the NRL to see where I’m at and for myself it’s always a challenge to see who can run the hardest and tackle the hardest.

Ogden is contracted at Belmore until the end of next season and he says he wants to remain a Bulldog into the future.

“I do see myself here for the long-term, I’m just trying to improve and trying to cement a start in the starting 13 or even just off the bench,” he said.

“I’m not trying too look to far ahead, I want to take each week as it comes and try to improve my game.”

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Ofahikis attitude, seems like a good young bloke who wants to prove himself! Great read as well.

All the best to him!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like what Tualau was supposed to do and started to do when he first came up to FG. Hope he doesn't go backwards like Francis has.

Reactions: DT

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like what Tualau was supposed to do and started to do when he first came up to FG. Hope he doesn't go backwards like Francis has.
Tualau has really fallen off the face of the earth this season. I didn’t think he was much chop to begin with but seems to have become worse.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I rewatched the game last night (Knights) and Ogden and Fualolo provided a nice 1-2 punch off the bench giving us the best impact I have seen this season

Klemmer had some nice little tip on with Ogden and our ruck speed was quick as

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I rewatched the game last night (Knights) and Ogden and Fualolo provided a nice 1-2 punch off the bench giving us the best impact I have seen this season

Klemmer had some nice little tip on with Ogden and our ruck speed was quick as
Yeah I thought that was DF's best game ever. It was how I expected him to play all season but he just seemed to disappear. Hopefully now he is back and firing he will keep going.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I thought that was DF's best game ever. It was how I expected him to play all season but he just seemed to disappear. Hopefully now he is back and firing he will keep going.
It just seemed as though he had more leg drive and power aye

Great to see

Perhaps the injury layoff was what he needed to refresh and study his own game

Reactions: DT

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Love the attitude.

Last person we had who wanted to bash and steamroll the opposition was Shrek, which I still miss.
The Orge, now there’s a bloke who doesn’t give a flying fuck about his looks. That’s what we need instead to pretty boys like De Belin and RCG..guys who are willing to have their nose all over their face.

A

Alexander the Great

Drops the ball once and TK calls for him to be beheaded. We have seen this script before. Good luck this Saturday old mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as he can run harder and faster than Woods its a move forward, great switch by the Dogs, bring on Saturday.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That game he steamrolled Gibbs will forever be cemented in my mind. Fuckin sweet justice for starting the fight not long before it.
My favourite Bulldog moment. I love when ***** start shit then get leveled the fuck out.

Gibbs has to be in the top 3 of the biggest cats in league history.

Status
Not open for further replies.