What happened to Rhyse Martin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty simple thread really. How did he go from starting forward to not even making the bench??? Especially when the useless penalty machine clay priest is his replacement!!!
Have a missed something???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been plenty of rumours floating around about it. Ranging from missing training, going over the second tier cap if he plays more games and even he will be at the Knights before June 30. No idea if there’s any truth to any of them.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems crazy. If he missed training, surely one match is enough penalty. If he's signed with another club, why does Mbye get to keep playing. I wish Montoya would miss training!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been plenty of rumours floating around about it. Ranging from missing training, going over the second tier cap if he plays more games and even he will be at the Knights before June 30. No idea if there’s any truth to any of them.
Thats pretty shit really. I get it if your repeatedly late to training then sure you miss a game or two, but he deserves to be in the 17 this week surely.
Hope he is not on his way to the knights.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty shit really. I get it if your repeatedly late to training then sure you miss a game or two, but he deserves to be in the 17 this week surely.
Hope he is not on his way to the knights.
I highly doubt the Knights rumour is true as he is off contract at the end of the year and it doesn’t help ease cap pressure releasing him early.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think there is a second tier cap anymore.. so scratch potentially that rumour.

Missed training, then had an average game in NSW cup missing some tackles.

Last rumour I saw (from NRL.com Late Mail) is that he may be called up into the 17 this week.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think there is a second tier cap anymore.. so scratch potentially that rumour.

Missed training, then had an average game in NSW cup missing some tackles.

Last rumour I saw (from NRL.com Late Mail) is that he may be called up into the 17 this week.
Montoya misses more tackles in a game then Martin would in a season yet keeps his spot.. Where is the consistency in selection?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Too good for our NRL side tbh.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets blame Des & Dib/Castle/Greenberg for his nonselection

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets blame Des & Dib/Castle/Greenberg for his nonselection
Considering Pay gave Martin his first sniff at 1st grade this year, you can actually blame Des for not giving him an opportunity.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering Pay gave Martin his first sniff at 1st grade this year, you can actually blame Des for not giving him an opportunity.
Very true.. and you can blame Des for not starting RFM and also not holding onto Cook and the list is long..

But Des is gone now and he couldnt give a flying f*ck about your club while hes rolling around in 2million cash..

I prefer to look at the present and future rather than Des and Dib and Greenturd and Castles and all the other f*ckups that have been employed at our club

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very true.. and you can blame Des for not starting RFM and also not holding onto Cook and the list is long..

But Des is gone now and he couldnt give a flying f*ck about your club while hes rolling around in 2million cash..

I prefer to look at the present and future rather than Des and Dib and Greenturd and Castles and all the other f*ckups that have been employed at our club
He missed training and now he is paying the price

No **** is bigger than the club

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
As if we would shop martin. Hes a young talent and not on much. It wouldn't help us cap-wise. We need more players like him not less. Id say 100% its a rumour

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He missed training and now he is paying the price

No **** is bigger than the club
That's fine, you drop him because he was late. but he has remained dropped because of poor form.

If your going to apply that then Montoya, Foran, Frawley and half the fucking team should be dropped due to form.

Pay needs to be consistent and not show favoritism, that shit will fuck the club up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's fine, you drop him because he was late. but he has remained dropped because of poor form.

If your going to apply that then Montoya, Foran, Frawley and half the fucking team should be dropped due to form.

Pay needs to be consistent and not show favoritism, that shit will fuck the club up.

Could be plenty of other factors apart from form and discipline.... Commentators mentioned his eligibility the other day for the NSW residents side because he was a shoe in. All I know is the way he played in the ISP game the other week he was relegated he definitely went to another level.

Another factor could be the fact his off contract.. Like Lewis if he played NRL constantly his value would easily rise. Pay trialled him and he fits the bill, now time for one of these overpaid fculers to leave so we can re-sign him and Lewis and not worry about poachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.