PROUD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For what we have this year I'm proud of our club thus far, with all the dramas & roster we have we continue pushing teams to the end. Today I wasn't embarrassed walking out of the stadium at fulltime, infact I was honestly proud. It's no secret we haven't got the calibre of players like most teams, YES it's no secret we are fighting at the bottom of the table, but guess what after all this struggle & fight I know as a fact this club will find it's way back to the top quicker than most thought.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I have to say, things could be a lot worst. The effort is still there as is the will to win. Things will turn soon. We are not a bottom 4 team.
We will finish above Titans, Parra, Manly, Cowboys and maybe one more. Not what we all hoped for in March but this’ll be as good as it gets. Next year, we’ll come close to making the 8 from the hard lessons learnt this season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You cant have a title like PROUD without a rainbow

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree.... we were only kept in the game today due to errors by Dragons. They cut out those errors and we go into halftime probably 20-0 down.

Play like we did today against a team like Storm/Roosters/Dragons/etc when those teams are on, and we are getting blown away.

We will never beat the refs. The only chance we have of winning games is putting them beyond doubt rather than "just doing enough to get in front".

We will finish above Titans, Parra, Manly, Cowboys and maybe one more
No chance.

Bulldogs - 15th place with 8 points and 1 bye.

Parra - 16th place with 6 points. Still have the bye to come. Lower than us currently, but playing FAR better. Will equal on points with BYE, and definitely win a few more this season with Hayne back.
Cowboys - 14th place with 8 and bye to come. Morgan playing and 4 other key injuries (Chudleigh, Bolton, McLean, Asiata). So will have 10 points, and I'm sure will come good soon.
Manly - 13th place with 8 points and bye to come. Smashed with injuries at the moment (6). So will have at least 10 points, and will come good soon.
Titans - 12th place with 10 points and 1 bye. Like us, don't really have an excuse for poor performances. HOWEVER they are 2 points ahead of us and will probably win more games coming towards end of the season.
Maybe one more (Knights) - 11th place with 12 points and bye to come. 14 points with the bye. Plus they have a shitload of key injuries (8). With 3 wwins up on us, we have no chance of catching them.

Honestly I can see us (if we are lucky) winning 1-2 more games this season. Those being Parra and Manly. Parra are playing good footy now though, and Manly will have players back from injury when we play them.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree.... we were only kept in the game today due to errors by Dragons. They cut out those errors and we go into halftime probably 20-0 down.

Play like we did today against a team like Storm/Roosters/Dragons/etc when those teams are on, and we are getting blown away.

We will never beat the refs. The only chance we have of winning games is putting them beyond doubt rather than "just doing enough to get in front".

No chance.

Parra - 16th place with 6 points. Still have the bye to come. Lower than us currently, but playing FAR better. Will equal on points with BYE, and definitely win a few more this season with Hayne back.
Cowboys - 14th place with 8 and bye to come. Morgan playing and 4 other key injuries (Chudleigh, Bolton, McLean, Asiata). So will have 10 points, and I'm sure will come good soon.
Manly - 13th place with 8 points and bye to come. Smashed with injuries at the moment (6). So will have at least 10 points, and will come good soon.
Titans - 12th place with 10 points and 1 bye. Like us, don't really have an excuse for poor performances. HOWEVER they are 2 points ahead of us and will probably win more games coming towards end of the season.
Maybe one more (Knights) - 11th place with 12 points and bye to come. 14 points with the bye. Plus they have a shitload of key injuries (8). With 3 wwins up on us, we have no chance of catching them.

Honestly I can see us (if we are lucky) winning 1-2 more games this season. Those being Parra and Manly. Parra are playing good footy now though, and Manly will have players back from injury when we play them.
A game of footy goes for a minimum of 80 minutes and not 15.

We were in the game because we dug in just like we have been digging in the whole season. We have a spineless spine and its a mystery we dont get flogged every week.

We have alot of deficiencies in our side but kudos for the heart and effort.

stop being such a negative nancy

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean Pay needs to grow some balls and start blowing up at press conferences. Another game gifted to the opposition by bullshit referring. Fuck me dead The team seem to make the effort only for it to be wasted by the wrong god damn fucking calls.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No chance.

You're way too harsh. I was there and after the first 10 minutes I thought we might get thrashed but the boys dug in hard. Sick of saying it but the ref fucked us again. This happened right in front of us, score is 16-16, 17 mins to go, Elliott and Frawley drove Dufty back off a kick over 10 metres and he knocks on, fucking ref called a penalty coz we drove him back too far?? What the fuck!!?? Then they go up field, get a shit penalty then take the two to go in front. We could have been 22-16 up if he didn't penalise us, and if we didn't score that set, it still would have been 16 all. They can get fucked but you can't have a go at the boys today. I was talking to jacko after the game and he was absolutely gutted. We will win more than 2 games the rest of the year you watch

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jj and klemmer where the only two players worthy of the jersey today and I’m not proud of that

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For what we have this year I'm proud of our club thus far, with all the dramas & roster we have we continue pushing teams to the end. Today I wasn't embarrassed walking out of the stadium at fulltime, infact I was honestly proud. It's no secret we haven't got the calibre of players like most teams, YES it's no secret we are fighting at the bottom of the table, but guess what after all this struggle & fight I know as a fact this club will find it's way back to the top quicker than most thought.
It should be added that we are paying around $1M to players at other clubs too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You're way too harsh. I was there and after the first 10 minutes I thought we might get thrashed but the boys dug in hard. Sick of saying it but the ref fucked us again. This happened right in front of us, score is 16-16, 17 mins to go, Elliott and Frawley drove Dufty back off a kick over 10 metres and he knocks on, fucking ref called a penalty coz we drove him back too far?? What the fuck!!?? Then they go up field, get a shit penalty then take the two to go in front. We could have been 22-16 up if he didn't penalise us, and if we didn't score that set, it still would have been 16 all. They can get fucked but you can't have a go at the boys today. I was talking to jacko after the game and he was absolutely gutted. We will win more than 2 games the rest of the year you watch
I am being harsh and I am being negative... and you are right... we got fucked over yet again.

But the only way to stop this (and it's evidenced by all but 1 of our wins this year), is to ensure we win by a margin > 6 points.

Look at the wins this season:
1. We beat Panthers 20-18. We hit 20 points by half time and went to the break 20-12 up, and scored nothing in the second half. Panthers came back hard, scoring in the 72nd minute but largely running out of time. Nathan Cleary went down in this game and the Panthers fell apart.

2. We beat Cowboys 27-10. Cowboys scored 2 tries late in the game (60th and 79th minute), to end up on 10. Comprehensive win and we never looked like losing this one.

3. We beat the Eels 20-12. Down by 12-6, Adam Elliott scored the winning try in 72nd minute. 2 extra penalty goals made the difference.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We haven't really got flogged this year. Lots of close margins.....thats got to say something.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am being harsh and I am being negative... and you are right... we got fucked over yet again.

But the only way to stop this (and it's evidenced by all but 1 of our wins this year), is to ensure we win by a margin > 6 points.

Look at the wins this season:
1. We beat Panthers 20-18. We hit 20 points by half time and went to the break 20-12 up, and scored nothing in the second half. Panthers came back hard, scoring in the 72nd minute but largely running out of time. Nathan Cleary went down in this game and the Panthers fell apart.

2. We beat Cowboys 27-10. Cowboys scored 2 tries late in the game (60th and 79th minute), to end up on 10. Comprehensive win and we never looked like losing this one.

3. We beat the Eels 20-12. Down by 12-6, Adam Elliott scored the winning try in 72nd minute. 2 extra penalty goals made the difference.
I agree, we need to be able to score more points. Thats our achilles heel right now. If we had today's second half in all of our games this season we'd be in the 8 probably. 14-6 down at half time I thought to myself, the way we play in the second half its going to be 30-6 or something like that but we should have won that game today. I just wish pay would fuck Montoya off, he costs us so bad

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was surrounded by a group of St. Filth fans on the eastern side and I can tell you that they were shitting bricks until the very end.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The boys really had a dig. They were held back by incompetent referees, but they need to be able to overcome the referee bias.
The biggest shortfall in the team is the halves. They just cannot compete. Also the team lacks leadership. Jacko is not a leader of men.
He needs this load off his back. Maybe Tolman can be captain from now on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The boys really had a dig. They were held back by incompetent referees, but they need to be able to overcome the referee bias.
The biggest shortfall in the team is the halves. They just cannot compete. Also the team lacks leadership. Jacko is not a leader of men.
He needs this load off his back. Maybe Tolman can be captain from now on.
Tolman spoke and queried the refs more than JJ.

Malla

Reaction score
Tolman spoke and queried the refs more than JJ.
It doesnt matter how much we question or query refs. They have a longgggg history of bias against losing teams and thats just the way it is.

I like JJ's approach which is head down and work hard and we will eventually win - not gonna do us any favours complaining and blaming the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.