Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anything worth hearing?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She loves focusing on how it was done in the old days.. I just hope they adapt to how NRL business is done in the current day also

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing negative to say about that interview at all. No talking round in circles like dibshit

Reactions: DT

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
She's looking more like her old man all of the time. It's amazing how strong the Bullfrog gene is.

I'll reserve judgement on the new regime until they have time to put their own spin on the rotting corpse of a club they took over.

One thing that was always a massive issue under Hasler and years before was the lack of juniors or younger players developed after being bought from other clubs. That's always the best way to build a roster and hopefully with the focus on signing young players it will pay off soon, because it's our only hope considering how dire the finances are.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's looking more like her old man all of the time. It's amazing how strong the Bullfrog gene is.

I'll reserve judgement on the new regime until they have time to put their own spin on the rotting corpse of a club they took over.

One thing that was always a massive issue under Hasler and years before was the lack of juniors or younger players developed after being bought from other clubs. That's always the best way to build a roster and hopefully with the focus on signing young players it will pay off soon, because it's our only hope considering how dire the finances are.
We have had players developed from u20’s playing first grade that was never the issue. It’s the recruitment of players for the first grade squad that always come up short

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have had players developed from u20’s playing first grade that was never the issue. It’s the recruitment of players for the first grade squad that always come up short
Not since the last batch though. Obviously Finucane, Taupau, Klemmer, Jackson, Barba and others were a great group and they set us back a decade by letting go of them all as well as Cook.

But the club haven't produced a lot since then and not one great back or half aside from Barba his first few years before he went off the rails.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not since the last batch though. Obviously Finucane, Taupau, Klemmer, Jackson, Barba and others were a great group and they set us back a decade by letting go of them all as well as Cook.

But the club haven't produced a lot since then and not one great back or half aside from Barba his first few years before he went off the rails.
Ok I agree with that. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a link between this drop off and the hiring of Cleal

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Does she know we are second last?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I felt like the cameraman was WAYY too close and I wanted to take a few steps back.

Good to see Lynne out at the NSW Cup games as well, as I know she missed some of the earlier games. That was the game we choked against the Jets. I wonder if she too wants to see Lewis and Brown in first grade.

I liked hearing about her say we want to extend that network to regional areas, because I reckon they are the untapped gems of the NRL at the moment. Everyone focussed on their own leagues, and not what's happening in say the Riverina area of NSW, etc.

Apart from that, not a lot really in the interview.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
She seems pretty comfortable in charge. None of the political rhetoric that we got from Ray.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
She seems pretty comfortable in charge. None of the political rhetoric that we got from Ray.
I think growing up in a footy family with her late father as top dog, it probably all comes naturally to her to be honest

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Warms my heart seeing and hearing that.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its good to see the President supporting the club. She emphasised the need to blood juniors and I think that's about to happen.
She is a vast improvement on the rabble of the past. She is in good company with the likes of Steve Price, Paul Dunn and Chris Anderson by her side.
Now that the decks have been cleared, the only way is forward. However there will still be the butt hurt negative people saying otherwise.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I liked hearing about her say we want to extend that network to regional areas, because I reckon they are the untapped gems of the NRL at the moment. Everyone focussed on their own leagues, and not what's happening in say the Riverina area of NSW, etc
I read somewhere that 10 of the 17 NSW origin players are from the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.