Canterbury find Mbye replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol if Mr I doesn't rate him then that almost certainly means the lad has a fair bit of talent.

Wish him all the best
Yeah exactly, no idea why anyone cares about Mr I opinion on anything, if you go back over all his posts in the past, he is wrong about everything 99.9% of the time, doesn't stop him continually forcing his opinion on everyone though unfortunately
If i was wrong constantly as he is, i would think i should stfu finally lol
Delete away champion

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we needed is someone fresh. Someone who has not been in the dogs system before. Meaney is that person. Mbye is like someone on PTSD. You can see it on his face whenever he plays he thinks about the dogs' attacking problems. This guy will come in and just play. He doesn't know any of Des' bullshit structures. He will do the simple things that Mbye has not done= SUPPORT PLAY and not worry about kicking options and helping out the halves

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, he's not coming until next year?

(I'm getting really lazy with this stuff)

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JoelCaine
Congratulations @NRL_Bulldogs fans you have a star!

Nick Meaney 3 yr contract from 2019

Little bit of Tedesco about him [emoji294]️

TIME TO TALK UP OUR SIGNINGS!
And for a fraction of the price comparing to Tobasco...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CANTERBURY have wasted little time in finding a replacement for Moses Mbye after landing the prized scalp of young Newcastle fullback Nick Meaney.

The 20-year-old has agreed to a three-year deal with the Bulldogs after telling Knights officials of his planned move this week.

Meaney had four clubs chasing him but, with Kalyn Ponga blocking his path, the Ballina Seagulls junior has opted to move on in a bid to play fullback despite the Knights being keen to retain his services.

He will be given first crack at Mbye’s No. 1 jersey after the Bulldogs fullback signed a four-year deal with the Wests Tigers — which starts next season.

Meaney has been a lower-grades star. He represented the NSW under 20s and NSW Residents last year and won the Knights reserve grade player-of-the-year award. He was also Newcastle’s under 20s player of the year in 2016.

An ankle injury in round one halted his progress this season and he only made his reserve grade return in recent weeks.

PLENTY of player managers remain surprised at Canterbury’s “new” recruitment officer, recently elected board member Chris Anderson.

In a throwback to another time, Anderson has committed to helping the club mine some of the best junior talent around by getting involved himself.

The club’s salary cap position continues to be a concern, though.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...w/news-story/36bc7c596a079536666ef33d4948eb1f
Music to my ears...Welcome to the Bulldogs !
Like I said before...
Players who do not perform admirably and do not have pride in our jersey...Please f..k off !

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And if it doesn't work out, he'll have Blake Clayton snapping at his heels...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Knights were hoping to retain the Ballina junior, who is yet to play in the NRL, and made an offer to keep him at the club but sources claim his deal to go to the Bulldogs was far superior.
In other words we are paying more than a base first grade salary for him.

Watched half of the knights ISP game last week. He didn't get a chance to do much but his positioning at FB and way he followed the play at least shows me this kid has more of an idea of how a FB should play than Mbye ever did so far this year.
That I will agree with. In defence he'll often follow the ball as well too.

So he’s no worse than MBye then but comes at a much lower price tag [emoji23]
Time to start calling him "Myanmar Mbye"... because just like these hot air balloons he's full of hot air!

And if it doesn't work out, he'll have Blake Clayton snapping at his heels...
Not according to the Supercoaches here who haven't watched him (Clayton) play.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d rather lose with young players having a dig and gaining experience for future years at a fraction of the cost than losing with big ego cowards with no balls or heart.
Careful you might upset his friends on the Kennel now...LOL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And for a fraction of the price comparing to Tobasco...
Yh and Cogger is basically Cronk for only a fraction of the price....

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have signed Nick Meaney for the 2019 NRL season.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fucking spewing the cat **** balsa doesn't want to go to Knights.
Just think he can be a knight sometimes but on his maiden game he would be better served playing as full time maiden

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was worried he was Brad abbey 2.0. But seems a bit faster. Our disabled half will be guiding a reserve grade side next year
That may not be so bad considering our reserve grade side beat a full first grade Penrith side in the trials earlier this year

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just think he can be a knight sometimes but on his maiden game he would be better served playing as full time maiden
Yeah one minute he could be Sir Lancelot the next minute Maid Marian :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.