Cap issues coverup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where not going that bad. We have lost 6 games by less than 6 points. Thats the million dollar man forans fault. Not the coach.
Yea I agree there but a loss is still a loss... but you hit the nail on the head foran is the biggest dud signing by this club. I’d rate it worse then trex and Woods. Reason is the guy might still hVe the will and brains but his body is shot.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I’m not saying your wrong but cmon man. Des is smarter then we make him out to be. Yes his a wanker and prob deserves what he got but why in the world would he sign a extended contract with us if we are so bad cap wise. It just doesn’t make sense. That’s basically stuffing up his whole coaching career.

I think the club is using it a leverage and offloading the blame on des and Dib. Which is a smart move. They tried to screw the club and maybe now the club is using a negative into a positive. Let’s point the finger on the asshole that tried to sue us. It just doesn’t make sense in my mind how all this mess is so out of control. No matter how much des wanted to backend deals, management would have never let it get so bad we basically need to offload majority of our superstars and play a nsw cup side for 2-3 years. Something is very fishy
I think Des uses the backended deals as a tool to keep his players keen knowing there's a cherry waiting in the coming years. Des wanted a stable squad, always did and to build the same players around his style hence the lack of young players he bought up to first grade. Backended deals normally keeps players at the club. Des, during these player negotiatings and also Dib did not think they would be ousted so they spent more than they were given to spend.

If neither were ousted we would not have known about the cap issues, it would have been business as usual. The only problem is that it would have come to a head at some time in years to come. Thankfully it's now come to a head and can be dealt with sooner rather than later.

If anyone thinks we are not in as bad a state with the cap than what is being said then why did Michael McGuire turn down the coaching role once he looked at the cap situation?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
ok hear me out here... this is just a personal theory but could their be any coincidence that it took half a season into pay’s coaching gig to somehow come up with a master plan to clean out the current roster as soon as possible with over exaggerating our cap issues.

For starters we had suli on the books in the off season and got rid of him. That’s one example of how did we manage to do that if we are so bad in the cap. I personally think pay has no faith in this current squad and wants to get rid of as many players as he can to start rebuilding.

Mbye was always going to get the flick if he didn’t thrive in fb. On the $ his on he ain’t no superstar in our colours. Woods was a signature that pay might not even want and now they are shopping him around.

All I’m saying is it won’t surprise me if we ain’t in such a massive salary cap issue and more the fact the club is riding this excuse as the blame is pointed at previous board and coach. I might be over thinking it but I have a niggling feeling there’s something more to all this cap then we all know about.
Fits the rumour going around of a certain director getting too involved with the workings of the club, pissing the coach off, and has now appointed himself in a position whereby he can control who the club brings in as signings.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a theory Pay refuses to give Lewis a shot at FG because he hates Queenslanders :grinning:

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand your theory but one thing fucks it all up, they signed a busted Foran who showed no good form, on big $$. It was clear they were sabotaging the club as they knew they were on the way out.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Des isnt smart bud and either are u. Look at manly. That is us for next few years. No conspiracy. Des will never coach in australia again. Pay has just taken a little time to give everyone the chance they deserve. Now he knows who the overpaid soft cocks are hes fucking them off. Simple.
manly made a GF 2 years after he left ya dumbski. Howd he screw their cap lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nothing more to it. It's just gross cap mismanagement bordering on financial negligence.
Yeah I love my conspiracies but this is straight out stupidity.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Na mate he is a tough bastard i know him. Hes the exact character we need to tell em all to fuck off. When we have all the new fellas here and he cant get the best out of them then do it. Wont get a decent coach in this mess, just be patient.
Why doesn't he tell balsa, Montoya and Foran to fuck off? He fucked off our supposed best option for hooker, why not continue the clean out.

PS I know people will say we have no replacements but who gives a fuck? We are making up the numbers till 2021. Give the pups a run.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I’m not saying your wrong but cmon man. Des is smarter then we make him out to be. Yes his a wanker and prob deserves what he got but why in the world would he sign a extended contract with us if we are so bad cap wise. It just doesn’t make sense. That’s basically stuffing up his whole coaching career.

I think the club is using it a leverage and offloading the blame on des and Dib. Which is a smart move. They tried to screw the club and maybe now the club is using a negative into a positive. Let’s point the finger on the asshole that tried to sue us. It just doesn’t make sense in my mind how all this mess is so out of control. No matter how much des wanted to backend deals, management would have never let it get so bad we basically need to offload majority of our superstars and play a nsw cup side for 2-3 years. Something is very fishy
I agree.
I also smell a rat.
Look at the squad for fuck sake, no way is that the highest paid squad in the NRL!!!
So yep I also think the numbers have been inflated to create a narrative.

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why be a ****? What's the first thing the guy said? "This is just a personal theory....." Other people don't agree but they don't carry on like a cock sucker about it. Give him a break hero, he is entitled to his opinion
Don’t worry about him he seems to really love jet skis

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand your theory but one thing fucks it all up, they signed a busted Foran who showed no good form, on big $$. It was clear they were sabotaging the club as they knew they were on the way out.
Na don’t agree... Foran was signed as our half savour and des wanted him for years. He was willing to flick graham and josh for Woods and Foran... this cap drama only went nuts this year

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.
I also smell a rat.
Look at tue squad for fuck sake, no way is that the highest paid squad in the NRL!!!
So yep I also think the numbers have been inflated to create a narrative.
It’s all just theories and nothing more... but it will make sense to use this whole drama to begin a early clean out

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I love my conspiracies but this is straight out stupidity.
Why? All I hear is that it’s stupid bla bla bla but why wouldn’t their be some truth to it? I reckon we are cap compliant already but they are pushing unwanted rubbish from our club now and keep using the cap drama as a excuse... I’m not saying I’m 100% right but why not begin the clean out now. By the end of year I reckon we will have a lot of our players that are unwanted gone

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
manly made a GF 2 years after he left ya dumbski. Howd he screw their cap lol
Agree and they didn’t really have a massive cap issue... they had back ended deals on superstar players who started getting injured and playing out of form. Hence why they had to do a massive clean out. Think back about the side des left. They had superstars across the park.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Des uses the backended deals as a tool to keep his players keen knowing there's a cherry waiting in the coming years. Des wanted a stable squad, always did and to build the same players around his style hence the lack of young players he bought up to first grade. Backended deals normally keeps players at the club. Des, during these player negotiatings and also Dib did not think they would be ousted so they spent more than they were given to spend.

If neither were ousted we would not have known about the cap issues, it would have been business as usual. The only problem is that it would have come to a head at some time in years to come. Thankfully it's now come to a head and can be dealt with sooner rather than later.

If anyone thinks we are not in as bad a state with the cap than what is being said then why did Michael McGuire turn down the coaching role once he looked at the cap situation?
Yea I agree to a extent and maybe we are as bad as reports are saying but you need to do the maths here and calculate numbers. Mbye is gone and graham. Morris boys and Eastwood next year. Possibly woods also. Even if we are paying $500k between woods and mbye next year and Foran is back ended. Klemmer is on like 500k maybe less. It doesn’t make any sense atall how we are blown out of the cap as reports are saying. Michael McGuire never officially came out and said that. That was just a rumour spread by the mole or some shit like that

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why you think they need an excuse to clean out the roster? Our limitations are there for all to see.
The previous admin took a gamble on winning comps with bsckended contracts and then Dib signed Woods and Foran in a desperate attempt to show things were changing and thought he fixed the problem.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand why you think they need an excuse to clean out the roster? Our limitations are there for all to see.
The previous admin took a gamble on winning comps with bsckended contracts and then Dib signed Woods and Foran in a desperate attempt to show things were changing and thought he fixed the problem.
Well for starters we are spoilt with international players across the park. We are stuck with a lot on back ended deals. Next to nobody are playing in form and we are on the brink of getting a wooden spoon with a top 8 roster. How could we possibly sell most of the players at highest price possible if we use the reason that we are going through a clean out. Who would want our rubbish? Using the cap excuse is like saying we really value our players but need to move them to be cap compliant. Anyway not saying I’m right just my theory lol

Status
Not open for further replies.