Recruiting Fijian Speedsters from Rugby 7’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Waterboy
Reaction score
Be rest assured the new Canterbury board aren’t stupid and won’t make the same mistakes as their predecessors to recruit new players as a knee-jerk reaction for their stupidity to give total control to Des Hasler. In any corporate governance is something you do not do. This is why they have been kicked out.

Moving to the future, Chris Anderson and his team are working behind the scenes to bring back this great football club they it suppose to be. All the player movement isn’t about the salary cap being compliant. It’s about getting rid of those players that suppose to perform and aren’t doing so for the price tag their on.

You can see that Mybe talks the talk but does not deliver on what he is capable of. So we decided to get rid of him. The same goes for Woods. And Foran will follow suite.

This now brings me to the innovation that the new Board are proactive searching for real talent needed in the modern game, speed and strength. They are shopping for real talent trying to recruit wingers from the Fijian Rugby 7’s for next year, similar to Radradra.

We are getting there for sure.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be rest assured the new Canterbury board aren’t stupid and won’t make the same mistakes as their predecessors to recruit new players as a knee-jerk reaction for their stupidity to give total control to Des Hasler. In any corporate governance is something you do not do. This is why they have been kicked out.

Moving to the future, Chris Anderson and his team are working behind the scenes to bring back this great football club they it suppose to be. All the player movement isn’t about the salary cap being compliant. It’s about getting rid of those players that suppose to perform and aren’t doing so for the price tag their on.

You can see that Mybe talks the talk but does not deliver on what he is capable of. So we decided to get rid of him. The same goes for Woods. And Foran will follow suite.

This now brings me to the innovation that the new Board are proactive searching for real talent needed in the modern game, speed and strength. They are shopping for real talent trying to recruit wingers from the Fijian Rugby 7’s for next year, similar to Radradra.

We are getting there for sure.
Mate u are spot on!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only thing I would say is league is a game based 90% on defence. Which 9s and 7s doesn’t.

And the success rate of the Fijians that make it is tiny. For every radradra there are 100 nabulis.

I think we just need to raid the best u20s players. At the end of the day if the roosters or manly or dragons or storm have a gun fullback coming through and we somehow get the word to their manager that if we hypothetically had a talented player like that they would be starting fullback.

At the end of the day league is a business. And I’m sure a young aspiring kid would rather start in their preferred position rather then bide their time in Reggies or on the bench or out of position.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s great, Looks like that are trying to do this properly and get us some good players to be competitive.
Very much liking all the positive talk an willingness of the board!!

Seem to be heading in the right direction, I’m looking forward too see how this all comes together.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fijian speedsters have turned me on ever since i was a kid and saw Nadruku carve teams up

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we need is some speed 2-3 good fast players I don’t care if there rib and bones look at addo Carr small but fuck me he can run

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting strategy. I’d be more inclined to go to schools and look at the kids in track field.

But if you want to talk about innovation, we should go to America and look at their running backs that couldn’t make the NFL. Wow.. there’d be some athletes there. Their talent pool is that deep, it’d be a great experiment.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also league is changing slowly and we are seeing speedsters like Adocarr Mitchell Roberts weaving their magic on the field after getting early ball and these guys defense isnt that great either

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember going to Fiji and seeing these monsters train up and down sand hills very fast and strong quiet a site.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally know a Fiji recruitment agent... he tells me they Are in demand but the scary thing is a lot of them don’t want to play nrl as they are scared. A lot are getting recruited to super league. So its trying to find another radra or addo between them. Hopefully we can as we are in serious need of speed

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I personally know a Fiji recruitment agent... he tells me they Are in demand but the scary thing is a lot of them don’t want to play nrl as they are scared. A lot are getting recruited to super league. So its trying to find another radra or addo between them. Hopefully we can as we are in serious need of speed
JAC is indigenous isn't he....

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
OP half asleep/drunk writing this. Had to get a fucking interpreter.

Looking at Fiji for wingers. Fuck me, innovation. Lol.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is William Ryder still running around with the Fijian 7s?

Possibly the fastest bloke I have ever seen.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extend the search to Jamaica! We need the next Bolt!

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We can get em at a good price too, they are some of the most humble God fearing people you will ever meet. Too put them on decent wage with incentives is a huge deal for them because they wanna provide for their families in Fiji.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And the success rate of the Fijians that make it is tiny. For every radradra there are 100 nabulis.

This.

Before 7s became the big deal that it is now, a lot of Fijians good at footy used to go to Australia to play bush league. It usually came with a job with one of the sponsors or a friend of the Club, and therefore earned these fellow much more than they would ever had back home. My home league - Group 20, had quite a few over the years.

Some knuckled down and did fairly well, but others became lazy and then got themselves in trouble. Not sure if it was work ethic, homesickness, lack of structure etc.

Having said that, with better structures that i'm sure there are in now, it is possibly quite different, and the next Semi Radradra is probably our there - just might take some patience to find him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is our sprint coach doing??
Montoya has got slower!!
He is slower, but he has bulked up a lot. Might be time now to try him in the centres or fullback and give Hopoate the flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.