Canterbury find Mbye replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Things are looking up already.

We are getting things on track again quite quickly considering how hard we got fucked by Hasdibrey.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are finally looking ok for the future, remember our 2002 (I think this was the year and if so it was when we smashed Parra in Rd 1) we had guys like SBW, Thurston, Anasta and co, our side was 50-60% with new and young guys and the next few years we were a heavy weight club again .. fingers crossed this follows history but not too much as we don't want another SBW walk out lol but overall at least we are getting young guys and not over the hill players, hopefully these guys plays for the love of our jersey and not just the coin that pays them!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PS can we fuck off Mbye and bring in Meaney?

I don't care if he isn't ready, this year and the next 2 years are write-offs so give him as much FG as possible.
Yes 100%

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Put another 5kg on him asap make him a 95kg flyer

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He sets up a nice try here at the 1min40sec mark.
You get an idea of his pace for the first try here.
Yea he’s a good runner!! Finds space with nice footwork an speed.
Can’t wait.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are finally looking ok for the future, remember our 2002 (I think this was the year and if so it was when we smashed Parra in Rd 1) we had guys like SBW, Thurston, Anasta and co, our side was 50-60% with new and young guys and the next few years we were a heavy weight club again .. fingers crossed this follows history but not too much as we don't want another SBW walk out lol but overall at least we are getting young guys and not over the hill players, hopefully these guys plays for the love of our jersey and not just the coin that pays them!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was just as interested in the bit about Anderson being our recruitment officer.. hope hes good at his job because its a very important one

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We won't miss Mbye as this kid looks like he is well spoken as well.
As long as his on field backing up and involvement is more than Mbye's (which won't be hard), I think we got a good deal considering this kid would be on a quarter of what Mbyes was on.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not overly impressed about this signing.

1. He's had a few leg/ankle injuries now in his career.
2. Knights are dead last in NSW Cup.
3. He can't tackle (much like Brad Abbey just tries to bump away the player).
4. We have better options in NSW Cup already.

I cannot see him being anything more than a replacement for a departing (or promoted) NSW Cup player. Will get torn a new one in NRL.

If he was any good there are 15 other sides that could have snatched him already, and clearly Newcastle didn't want him with Ponga around, even as backup.

Wonder what lofty salary the title of Recruitment Manager comes with. "They" did this before in the previous era... jobs for themselves and family, and it screwed the club.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not overly impressed about this signing.

1. He's had a few leg/ankle injuries now in his career.
2. Knights are dead last in NSW Cup.
3. He can't tackle (much like Brad Abbey just tries to bump away the player).
4. We have better options in NSW Cup already.

I cannot see him being anything more than a replacement for a departing (or promoted) NSW Cup player. Will get torn a new one in NRL.

If he was any good there are 15 other sides that could have snatched him already, and clearly Newcastle didn't want him with Ponga around, even as backup.

Wonder what lofty salary the title of Recruitment Manager comes with. "They" did this before in the previous era... jobs for themselves and family, and it screwed the club.
You really are a negative nancy Mr I.
They might be dead last but he wasn't named ISP player of the year two years in a row for nothing and in the NSW U20's.
I don't know which part of "we can't afford marquee players" don't you understand?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was worried he was Brad abbey 2.0. But seems a bit faster. Our disabled half will be guiding a reserve grade side next year

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I keep reading it as "floorplan" lol
Raelene in the kitchen

Dib in the shithouse

T-rex in bedroom 1

Foran in bedroom 2

Lichaa in the dining room

Des in the lounge room counting his bulldogs millions on his fantastic furnitue futon

Status
Not open for further replies.