Real reason of letting players go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re freeing up space for something or someone. I don’t know who because according to zerotackle there aren’t many off contract players.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we can do is guess and speculate. The board needs to come out and tell us fans what’s going on. I swear this year is becoming worse then last year and to think we couldn’t top off last year. If the board want respect then they should show us fans respect and let us know exactly wtf is going on. I don’t think any team in the comp has this many question marks over players then us.
I'm sure we would all like to know what is been discussed by our board, but it would not help our club if they told us fans what is discussed and planed, instead it would be gold for the other 15 clubs.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we can work with what we have. The issue is the balance within the squad for the cap is terrible.

Releasing players that we have multiple similar options makes sense.

NOT however at the expense of still paying huge portions of their cap dollars to play for someone else.

As long as the other club pays the full freight or very close to it. Otherwise don’t do it.

All players are available. We are in a deep hole, with a long rebuild. The sooner we hit rock bottom. The quicker we can get back being great again.
Well said, plus we do not need pretenders in the team !!!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't care about us offloading players, as long as it's a 100% take over or re-contract.

Releasing players without someone better lined up AND paying part of their salary is completely ridiculous given Hill has stated we are cap compliant those years anyway.

I'd still be keen to know what the previous mobs plans were and if we'd still be in the same situation we are now, if they were at the helm.

It almost feels like something major has changed and forced this shift, but nobody is talking about the real reason.

Could the loss of TPAs rumour be true?
I think you hit the nail on its head

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Andrew Hill assured everyone at the fan forum that the salary cap problem was not as bad as reported, why is it that we keep hearing that players are still shopped around?

Is it that the salary cap fiasco is indeed still a big problem and we need to shed players just to stay compliant? Or is it that Dean Pay and the recruitment team know that this squad is useless and we need to inject players into it and therefore we need more wiggle room in the cap immediately and cannot wait till 2021 as indicated earlier.

So if we let go of say Mbye and Woods what are they planning? We need a half/hooker desperately. They have to be the first positions looked at. But releasing Woods for example may piss Klemmer off. Then we also would need a fullback to replace Mbye?

Is it better just to go the whole hog and try and offload all bar Jackson and Klemmer and start from scratch?

Whatever their intentions on selling our players are, we look like we will be paying for a lot of talent running around in other teams.
Dean pay isn’t stupid he knows players need to go

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club have been very upfront and told us what’s going on. They aren’t going to come out and talk about specific contract negotiations.
I they haven’t they have told us Klemmer and Jackson are no go... but with all this mbye talk and woods and shit it’s like they tell us one thing and we hear a totally diff thing.

I know they can’t just always come out every time something leaks etc but for them to say we are ok and comply with the cap to then hear Woods is getting shopped around ( which I’m glad and hope it’s true lol) and mbye sign with tigers etc we need clarification and not just statements from them to shut us up

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
its reported Mbye is on close to $1 million next season with his backended contract if we have to pay $250,000 that still leaves plenty of cash in the bank

as for the previous boards plans its bloody easy to see there was none...…
release Rona while under contract, release Pritchard while under contract, release Graham while under contract, release Finucane while under contract, release Lee while under contract......and in all of Haslers time the only first grader we signed was She rex.....then before he left he signed a crippled Foran as a joke and Woods
Rona went to Rugby Union so him having a contract is not that relevant.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re freeing up space for something or someone. I don’t know who because according to zerotackle there aren’t many off contract players.
Corey Norman could be an option they are looking at. Parra are prepared to pay half his contract. I think if they can get a decent deal for Tolman or Woods even both. This would give us an attacking option we are missing.

Has to be forwards out the door though. MBye should be kept unless he is paid in full elsewhere.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Shopping players around is poor for morale .. our year last year was ruined because of this .. if our cap is not that bad , why are we still shopping people around ? Disgraceful

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After Andrew Hill assured everyone at the fan forum that the salary cap problem was not as bad as reported, why is it that we keep hearing that players are still shopped around?

Is it that the salary cap fiasco is indeed still a big problem and we need to shed players just to stay compliant? Or is it that Dean Pay and the recruitment team know that this squad is useless and we need to inject players into it and therefore we need more wiggle room in the cap immediately and cannot wait till 2021 as indicated earlier.

So if we let go of say Mbye and Woods what are they planning? We need a half/hooker desperately. They have to be the first positions looked at. But releasing Woods for example may piss Klemmer off. Then we also would need a fullback to replace Mbye?

Is it better just to go the whole hog and try and offload all bar Jackson and Klemmer and start from scratch?

Whatever their intentions on selling our players are, we look like we will be paying for a lot of talent running around in other teams.
Re read your first paragraph then think about it. They aren't shopping the players around but they won't ignore approaches from rival clubs for the right price. They need to ease cap pressure caused by the previous muppets.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Let this be a lesson to the club - we should never have given hasler so much control ... after 2015, we should have stopped the rot then , because his plan for quick results did not work after losing 2 gf’s

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you might be right. But I think it got to the stage that Dib wanted to become Politis and be the "man" at the Bulldogs. The board ended up as yes men. Hence why they were thrown out.

It got to the stage that the public face of the Bulldogs became its chairman and not its CEO. That says a lot about both of them I guess.

The sad thing in all this is that I truly believe Dib loved the club whilst Castle and Hasler couldn't give two hoots about it.
We should never forget the Original sinner Todd Greenturd
He signed Hitler Hasler in full control, we made the grand final 2 out of 3 years while his game plan was deteriorating, But who could argue with that.
Greenturd leaves, Raelene Clueless Castle takes over and all she did was say Yes Mr Hasler !!!
Dib comes in to help her (I wish he didn't), he got rid of Hasler's mates and should have gotten rid of him too instead he thought he could trust him (WRONG).
This is where Hasler's ( CUNNING ) revenge started.
WE ALL KNOW THE REST :rage:
I am a believer...Any player that doesn't perform admirably and has no pride in our jersey
Please F..k off or rot in reserve !!!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't care about us offloading players, as long as it's a 100% take over or re-contract.

Releasing players without someone better lined up AND paying part of their salary is completely ridiculous given Hill has stated we are cap compliant those years anyway.

I'd still be keen to know what the previous mobs plans were and if we'd still be in the same situation we are now, if they were at the helm.

It almost feels like something major has changed and forced this shift, but nobody is talking about the real reason.

Could the loss of TPAs rumour be true?
The previous mob fucked us. Get over it.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Norman could be an option they are looking at. Parra are prepared to pay half his contract. I think if they can get a decent deal for Tolman or Woods even both. This would give us an attacking option we are missing.

Has to be forwards out the door though. MBye should be kept unless he is paid in full elsewhere.
I’d love Norman. And eels are lacking up front so I think what you said is a great idea.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
why?? he still had a year to run on his contract, what does it matter if he went to rugby or league
If a player does something other than rugby league the contract is not enforceable.
It's like resigning from your job.
We couldn't have made him sit out a season or anything like that.
Also loyalty is a two way street.
The club has hardly shown much loyalty to contracts in the last two seasons as it.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye on Channel 9 in 2 minutes talks. Might get a confirmation here.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a feeling some good will come from all this. Pay hasent the team he wants and we have some younger players to resign. It makes sense to off load the big unperforming overheads $$$$ and use that money to get our cap in order and resign younger players with low and resonable contracts keeping the likes of klemmer, jackson, and a few others. Have a feeling apart from our performance on the field things will now be looking positive.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Doing that only is what we already have been doing i dont think buying another expensive player is the answer in our position maybe in a few years but need to fix up our cap not add to it. I know theres savings in off loading but we need younger cheaper players for now this is not a quick fix unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.