Kieran Foran admits he’s not playing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Opposition know to hit him constantly because that blunts our organisation and attack - so given that is the case, then our other play makers should be routinely dummying to Foran, doing cut out passes so it keeps the opposition in two minds. We are being too predictable giving it to him when the defensive line is reading the play and shutting him down within a micro of a second!

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His body is stuffed so he is at his oeak now and will only slowly go downhill as his body fails to cope
Worth about $400k and is massively over paid as is woods

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
At least he is self-aware hah!

Honestly after 10 rounds he has gradually gotten worse each round for us.

Looking forward to cogger And lewis steering us around next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is telling us he wants to go back to 5/8.
I was hoping he would succeed as a half and control our team unfortunately it hasn't worked for him yet,
in the meantime Frawley should be the 1/2 and he should go back to 5/8.
Foran at 5/8 will still have the same problems as he has no pace, footwork or agility at this stage of career. He simply needs to step up as a halfback and get on the ball more and give us what we need.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember Reynolds talking like this till the day he left.
“I know I’m not playing great and can play better and will”.
I can’t deal with these articles anymore

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forans more suited to 5/8 imo.. would do alot better when we get a classy 7 inside of him

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst signing the club has ever made.
Lol obviously you havent been a supporter for too long then if you think he is the worst signing lol I could count 50 worse signings probably in the last 10-15 years only

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most halves play interchangably, switching from first and second receiver and many are back playing both sides these days, so whether Foran is half or 5/8 is completely irrelevent. He just needs to change his game up and play an organisng game rather than a running game. He has engaged the line more than any other player in the NRL this year, but he can't pull that off anymore - he has to sacrifice some of his running to the line and do more work before the line. Frawley is ordinary anywhere, so moving him changes nothing.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Forans more suited to 5/8 imo.. would do alot better when we get a classy 7 inside of him
Awesome, so he’ll start to play well in 2021 when we have the cap space for a classy 7. Wait, he only has a 3 year contract right? Can’t see the club keeping him beyond 2020

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes all we got ,personally cant see anyone that could take his spot at the moment.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He just needs support from the rrest of the team.

At present it's like "Hey Kieran you do everything and we'll help out when we get the ball".
It needs to change to "Hey Kieran we are here ready when you want to offload the ball".

Also with Foran playing one side more than the other, we need the other halves partner firing as well... else only one side of the field gets the ball.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm I recall him saying the exact same words a few rounds into the comp. he has gotten worse and is always mia. Whoever blames the rest of the team because of his form is delusional. He is way past it and I can’t see him doing anything more then he has. He just doesn’t have it and it looks like the game has passed him unfortunately. We signed a dud on massive money and stuck with him for years.

If he turns and somehow a minor miracle occurs and he finds some form then great but I highly doubt it. He is on 1mil a year and there is no excuse in the world at all to excuse the shit he has dished out for us. His stats in attack are bloody hopeless for a veteran like him and he provides absaloutly nothing more then renoylds did last year. I’m starting to think we prob should have just stuck with josh, atleast he played with heart and loved the club.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing is people say he needs a decent half next to him. But wasn’t it the whole point of us signing him. To organise our attack and create opportunities. What’s the point of signing a 1mil half who we need to throw into 6 which we had plenty of them at the club. We were always looking for a controlled half and someone to direct the team so again no bloody excuses. He Is dead set hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.