Anderson and Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks I was starting to have reservations about the clubs administration and new board but after last night it’s safe to say the club is in good hands. The way they have handled this mess has been very professional in my opinion and they have been honest and kept the members and fans informed.

The club has already started recruiting gun juniors and with the way they explained they will be using the cap from now on it’s good to know we can never get in this mess again.

It’s still a long road back but I think we have the right people in place to get back to the top. Hats off to Hill and the board!

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Said.. its most supporters first opportunity to get real impression on the new administration and Id have to say no complaints so far..

Lets hope this is a massive turning point in our clubs fortunes.

#making_the_dogs_mighty_again

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think it can be fixed a lot quicker than they are letting on
Even if it takes some tough decisions and cuts
I’d prefer short term pain for long term gain

3 years to fix any mess is a cop out and I won’t accept that.

Clubs can turn things around In 12-18 months max

Cut some dead wood players and purchase the best young talent coming through in nzld, Fiji, jersey flegg and nsw cup.

There’s a freak fb for the warriors who would do a better job than the imposter we have there on a third of his money.
Just an idea

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still think it can be fixed a lot quicker than they are letting on
Even if it takes some tough decisions and cuts
I’d prefer short term pain for long term gain

3 years to fix any mess is a cop out and I won’t accept that.

Clubs can turn things around In 12-18 months max

Cut some dead wood players and purchase the best young talent coming through in nzld, Fiji, jersey flegg and nsw cup.

There’s a freak fb for the warriors who would do a better job than the imposter we have there on a third of his money.
Just an idea
its probably a worst case scenario thing .. keeping expectations in check, but quietly aiming higher

Just like when you order a pizza and they say an hour, but it turns up in 30 mins :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This great club will never make this kind of monumental stuff up again!

As long as Turvey is on the board with Terry Lamb somewhere else in the background. I'm happy. Those 2 BLEED blue and white.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This great club will never make this kind of monumental stuff up again!

As long as Turvey is on the board with Terry Lamb somewhere else in the background. I'm happy. Those 2 BLEED blue and white.
Was he there last night?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First time in a long time that I actually feel like the club is moving in the right direction. The parasites in Dib, Castle and Hasler have left the building. Now it's time to blood new young players, get rid of the dead wood and see out these back ended contracts.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Despite the fact that the crowd was serious and the mood was not great, I thought Hill handled himself very well. He was even quite witty at times which lightened things up. Smart operator.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My major issue with the previous administration was how out of the loop they left us. We were lied to over and over and we were made to feel and look pretty dumb in the end.

Transparency is what I ask for, and this is a good way forward. We know what we're working with now and the ball is already running with a couple of promising young signings at a good price. The Bulldogs don't need star signings, we need to go back to our roots which was pick up young potential that no body else saw and turn them into Bulldogs pedigree.

I think our biggest recent issue was signing Foran and Woods. The money spent on them could have been used to blood young guys plus free us some cap space. Overall we wouldn't be in a much different position right now anyway on-field. The Foran/Woods signings were obviously a reactive and hasty decision made by the previous administration to save face, but if anything it was just another fuck up we'll now be paying for for the next 3 years at least.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Communication, Governance & having the correct skill sets for the correct roles is key. I am happy with the information released by the board regarding our cap. It was succinct and transparent. As fans we at least know where we sit. 2019 & 2020 are going to be a slog but they have put light at the end of the tunnel. I truly hope we have some juniors that are truly exciting & that we can retain them. That will be difficult given our 2 year holding pattern. Promising start for the board...lets hope they keep delivering.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
According to Deano last night there are 5 or 6 players coming through which have been identified from Jersey Flegg and some more in the grand final SG Ball team that are capable of first grade in the future. They are all apparently a "year young", so they have another season in each comp before potentially moving up.

Having seen a fair bit of both teams, there is some decent talent coming through but its going to take time and an investment in youth. There is no quick fix and I tend to agree that chewing up a large chunk of the cap seeking instant success is more likely to back fire than anything else.

We need to see this 'rebuild' for what it is, a long term project, requiring at least 3-4 seasons before we become ultra competitive with the big boys.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm liking what I am reading and hearing from Hill.
True, they are all dealing with the crap left from Dib and Des with professionalism. Sure they identified the old regime for causing this mess but they aren't out there trashing them which they could understandably do.

It shows there are no ego's in the background...refreshing to say the least.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it takes 3 yrs you go and recruit the best juniors , be the leader in this field, recruit 20 your bound to have someone exceptional

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Hill.. I have major reservations about Lynne Anderson still though..
Lyn, why? Just curious. I thought we needed someone that understands our history and bleeds for the club. Not sure if there are many in that category but happy to hear otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.