Questions for Steve Mortimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a massive fan of Turvey since he joined the Berries in 1976, a champion half and a decent man. Steve was a Dib supporter on the Football board for many years and is the only surviving director following the recent election rout. However, following all the recent leaks to media re salary cap and ahead of tonight's members forum, I have some questions for him:

* were you aware of the state of our salary cap situation, particularly in the lead up to the election,

* if so, what responsibility do you take for your role as a director,

* if you were not aware of the salary cap situation were you not doing your job and just making up Dib's numbers?

The revelations appearing almost daily, presumably leaked by the new board, have painted the old board and much of their decision making over the term of Hasler's coaching tenure, as nothing short of disastrous.

I believe the previous board has a lot to answer for, they're all gone , except Mortimer and I for one would like answers.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who knows what truth is tbh.. im skeptical over media reports

For this season they said we were in a dire situation, but we 'solved' it by letting Abbey go & paying half of Grahams wage

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not his responsibility to have any involvement on any of the intricate workings of recruitment etc its purely des/rae rae mainly and then everyone’s scapegoat dib but remember des fucked manlys cap and also had total control of our club

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
By the time mortimer returned we had signed woods and foran while he was gone, and he left because he didnt agree with how Des was running things when we extended him

His answer would be "wtf has it got to do with me."

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been a massive fan of Turvey since he joined the Berries in 1976, a champion half and a decent man. Steve was a Dib supporter on the Football board for many years and is the only surviving director following the recent election rout. However, following all the recent leaks to media re salary cap and ahead of tonight's members forum, I have some questions for him:

* were you aware of the state of our salary cap situation, particularly in the lead up to the election,

* if you were not aware of the salary cap situation were you not doing your job and just making up Dib's numbers?

The revelations appearing almost daily, presumably leaked by the new board, have painted the old board and much of their decision making over the term of Hasler's coaching tenure, as nothing short of disastrous.

I believe the previous board has a lot to answer for, they're all gone , except Mortimer and I for one would like answers.
A very smart arsey question for a "massive fan"?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Ummm...

- You are aware that Turvey came on board AFTER Des Hasler stepped down right?
- You are aware that Turvey did NOT support Hasler, which is why he stepped down in 2016 after they decided not to fire Des Hasler right
- You are aware that Turvey and Dib do NOT see eye-to-eye anymore, right?
- You are aware that Turvey came on board to help clean up the mess right?
- You are aware this was AFTER all the damage was done, right?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ummm...

- You are aware that Turvey came on board AFTER Des Hasler stepped down right?
- You are aware that Turvey did NOT support Hasler, which is why he stepped down in 2016 after they decided not to fire Des Hasler right
- You are aware that Turvey and Dib do NOT see eye-to-eye anymore, right?
- You are aware that Turvey came on board to help clean up the mess right?
- You are aware this was AFTER all the damage was done, right?
you are correct, however he did back the previous board going into the election.. You should never put your name to something you know nothing about, if what you are suggesting is true.

I love turvey and always will, but its a fair question to ask if he knew what was going when he backed them going into the election...

And same goes for Tunks .. he was a very vocal media personality that backed them .. they both should have to answer questions

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
you are correct, however he did back the previous board going into the election.. You should never put your name to something you know nothing about, if what you are suggesting is true.

I love turvey and always will, but its a fair question to ask if he knew what was going when he backed them going into the election...

And same goes for Tunks .. he was a very vocal media personality that backed them .. they both should have to answer questions
I'm not denying that Turvey will have some questions to answer for, however, he was in no way, shape or form responsible for the mess that was created. Dib and Castle are responsible for giving Des too much power which got us in this mess in the first place. Not Turvey. You can't blame him because he did not make the mistakes they did. Even if he didn't do anything or much to intervene, he does not have blood on his hands.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

As hard as it is to admit, yes every member of that previous Board shouod be given a please explain as regards their legacy they have bestowed on the Club, sadly that aldi includes Tuevey.

Hearing from him an explanation of the Board's reasonings and thought process regarding the (apparent) massive backending and systemic over paying, as well as a timeline of how this mess unfolded so members can get some clarity is paramount to healing the Club.

We can't go forward into these projected abysmal rebuilding years without a full detailing of how we got here, and how we are getting out of it.

Otherwise the reputation and future success of the Club is still in jeopardy and subject to media innuendo and ridicule.

Reactions: GDR

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And how would an explanation help us now anyway?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the info that gets spread thickly in the media about our salary cap situation is diarrhea at best. If the media have any idea about our salary cap situation, people in positions that require discretion have breached the terms of their contracts. This thread would seem to be something intending to stir up ill will against the club when none exists at the moment. Turvey is the last tenuous link to the previous board, and the fact that he spoke out against their actions and was forced into a temporary hiatus for doing so would indicate to me that he was neither a yes man or willing to sit back and watch harm befall our club passively.

Asking one of our best ever clubmen to put his hand up to take the blame for what so far seems to be a fairytale that the media are running with is a a bit harsh. While pretty much everything about the club bar the roster right now is new we should just shut the hell up and give them time to do their job. I personally am going to hope for the best, but keep my expectations moderate. Even if we're not in a position where we have money to splash around, I doubt that the situation is as dire as the media would like to convince us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not denying that Turvey will have some questions to answer for, however, he was in no way, shape or form responsible for the mess that was created. Dib and Castle are responsible for giving Des too much power which got us in this mess in the first place. Not Turvey. You can't blame him because he did not make the mistakes they did. Even if he didn't do anything or much to intervene, he does not have blood on his hands.
I'm not saying he was responsible by any means ..

I want to know why he thought it was appropriate to back a completely dysfunctional administration?? its a fair question because depending on his answers should determine his position with in the club..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont believe our cap situation is as dire as mad out..

but everyone points their finger to Dib like he was the only one in full control & making & approving all decisions..

Any decision Dib made had to be approved by the board

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont believe our cap situation is as dire as mad out..

but everyone points their finger to Dib like he was the only one in full control & making & approving all decisions..

Any decision Dib made had to be approved by the board
Dib cops the blame because he decided to be the face of the administration..

no one told to be in the media every 5 minutes and no one told him to shoot his mouth off about unfinalised coaches contracts

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dib cops the blame because he decided to be the face of the administration..

no one told to be in the media every 5 minutes and no one told him to shoot his mouth off about unfinalised coaches contracts
Announcing the coaches extention publicly would definately have been a board decision.. The reason was to be able to secure some players for 2018..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
100% agree with you @_G-Dog_ ... all the while this "story" stays in the media it gets attention.

Hopefully the club come out tonight with a definite answer for the fans and silence this bullshit.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100% agree with you @_G-Dog_ ... all the while this "story" stays in the media it gets attention.

Hopefully the club come out tonight with a definite answer for the fans and silence this bullshit.
The club better. Sick of this shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And how would an explanation help us now anyway?
You don't want to know?

The whole upheaval and media woohah is about the mismanagement done by the previous Board that has apparently rendered us snookered. That needs to be addressed and put to bed before we can refocus on what lies ahead.

Reactions: GDR
Status
Not open for further replies.