David Klemmer responds to Eels poaching reports and salary cap dramas at the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
CANTERBURY front-rower David Klemmer doesn’t want to leave the club, but would consider all offers if he is forced out of the Bulldogs due to salary cap issues.
The Bulldogs’ salary cap for next season is in a perilous state meaning that a number of highly paid stars are rumoured to be on the outer.

The Morris twins and Moses Mbye are reportedly set to leave the club and Klemmer is the latest name to be tossed around and the man himself admits it is a distraction.

“I had a couple of mates message me,” Klemmer said of the Eels reports.

“I’m contracted here at the moment and I could never see myself leaving, I love the club.

“I was a supporter of the club as a kid and it would be hard to leave, but the club hasn’t contacted me yet.”

The salary cap dramas have placed a strain on the club and the conjecture on some player’s futures could be having a negative effect on players on and off the field.

“It’s frustrating to hear but I could never leave this club,” Klemmer said.

“It’s hard to see but I’ve just got to keep turning up here and I’m still contracted here.”

However Klemmer admitted that rugby league is a business and that players have to do what is right for themselves and their families.

“That’s the reality, it is a business and if you get the tap so be it, but it would be pretty hard to see myself leaving.”

Klemmer did leave the door open to wear another club’s colours if the situation changes, but remains hopeful he can stay at his boyhood club.

“I couldn’t see myself in a Parramatta jersey,” Klemmer said.

“But if I have to look after my family and my kids then that’s an option.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/1710901e08153918693bbb30e93efbe9

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
LMAO. There is NO WAY we'll let our VC go - especially to throw away his career like that. Letting go of the Morris boys and Eastwood will have us some $750,000 under the cap - and Klemmer will still be contracted to the club at that stage.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
LMAO. There is NO WAY we'll let our VC go - especially to throw away his career like that. Letting go of the Morris boys and Eastwood will have us some $750,000 under the cap - and Klemmer will still be contracted to the club at that stage.
Just like we wouldn’t let our last 2 captains and vice captain go.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gees I hope this members forum can shed some light on this situation, because I'm sick to death of all these articles

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The more I read about this the more I'm convinced this is player managers and the media trying to destabilise our season by getting in our players heads.

IF the situation was that bad surely our club would have already sat the players down and explained the situation.

Which clearly they have not.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more I read about this the more I'm convinced this is player managers and the media trying to destabilise our season by getting in our players heads.

IF the situation was that bad surely our club would have already sat the players down and explained the situation.

Which clearly they have not.
This exactly what the players were saying last year before Graham and Kasiano were released. Take the the tin foil hat off if you belive this is some big media master plan to destabilise a 3 and 7 teams season...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be so p*ssed if we lose Klem but I don't see it happening, especially to the bottom dwelling Eels

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer isn’t vice captain though. Aiden Tolman is our vice captain and Klemmer is just acting as Tolman is out injured. We are supposedly shopping Tolman around so the club seems to be happy to shop our vice captain to other clubs

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CANTERBURY front-rower David Klemmer doesn’t want to leave the club, but would consider all offers if he is forced out of the Bulldogs due to salary cap issues.
The Bulldogs’ salary cap for next season is in a perilous state meaning that a number of highly paid stars are rumoured to be on the outer.

The Morris twins and Moses Mbye are reportedly set to leave the club and Klemmer is the latest name to be tossed around and the man himself admits it is a distraction.

“I had a couple of mates message me,” Klemmer said of the Eels reports.

“I’m contracted here at the moment and I could never see myself leaving, I love the club.

“I was a supporter of the club as a kid and it would be hard to leave, but the club hasn’t contacted me yet.”

The salary cap dramas have placed a strain on the club and the conjecture on some player’s futures could be having a negative effect on players on and off the field.

“It’s frustrating to hear but I could never leave this club,” Klemmer said.

“It’s hard to see but I’ve just got to keep turning up here and I’m still contracted here.”

However Klemmer admitted that rugby league is a business and that players have to do what is right for themselves and their families.

“That’s the reality, it is a business and if you get the tap so be it, but it would be pretty hard to see myself leaving.”

Klemmer did leave the door open to wear another club’s colours if the situation changes, but remains hopeful he can stay at his boyhood club.

“I couldn’t see myself in a Parramatta jersey,” Klemmer said.

“But if I have to look after my family and my kids then that’s an option.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/1710901e08153918693bbb30e93efbe9
Trying to destabilised our club has been going on for a long time, someone got in Sbw ear and he became restless the rest is history. Gould began by been critical of Folkes, later I recall Mason saying that he learned nothing from Folkes BTW (all this is fact), losing such great and high profile players makes it harder to attract and retain talent, it also means that our club often has to pay overs (also fact).
AS for Klem most of us would be devastated if he was forced out, even for the sole reason that he supported our club from birth.
IMHO if our club or one of the club's many supporter, cannot provide Klem with some sort of after football security or position legally then there not trying.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If the players REALLY don't want to go then i guess they would be open to the idea of renegotiating their contracts and taking a pay cut? Would be an incredible gesture if any of them did.

Anyway Klemmer has said leaving is a possibility while at the same time shutting down any possibility of a move happening to the only club linked to him by saying "I couldn’t see myself in a Parramatta jersey".

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
“I couldn’t see myself in a Parramatta jersey,” Klemmer said. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

That's a born Bulldog through and through :grinning:
Until he gets signed by Parramatta, and at the press conference puts on the jersey and waxes lyrical about how great an opportunity it is to play in the Blue & Gold etc etc etc..... :grinning:

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Until he gets signed by Parramatta, and at he press conference waxes lyrical about how great an opportunity it is to play in the Blue & Gold etc etc etc..... :grinning:
It could happen as he has said in the past Rugby League is a business and loyalty lays with the almighty dollar these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.