Members Forum 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just a reminder of the Members and Season Ticket holders forum is this Thursday at 6pm with registration by 5.55.
This is your opportunity to ask the Board your questions or comment upon any issue you would like clarification.
If you don’t think you’ll be able to ask in front of the crowd, post your question here and I’ll ensure you get a response

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to know the truth about our salary cap .
I'm sure that will be the first question asked by someone

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My father wants to ask these questions:
Question 1:
Is Foran’s best interests with Canterbury? If so how come he didn’t seem interested in getting the ball when Rhys Martin tried to pass it to him and when he lost it close to the try line?

Question 2:

How come players like Will Hopoate, Kieran Foran, Jeremy Marshall King and Aaron Woods have not been dropped despite poor performances all year?

Question 3: How come Holland is always coming on the last 20 minutes despite playing well when he is always on?

Question 4: If our salary cap situation is so bad why don’t we release the dead wood we have in Aaron Woods, Aiden Tolman, Will Hopoate and Kieran Foran?

Question 5: How come players like Lachlan Lewis and Fa'amanu Brown have not been called up to first grade this year despite performing well in NSW cup?

Last edited:

haytchcbb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Question 1:
Is Foran’s best interests with Canterbury? If so how come he didn’t seem interested in getting the ball when Rhys Martin tried to pass it to him and when he lost it close to the try line?

Question 2:

How come players like Will Hopoate, Kieran Foran, Jeremy Marshall King and Aaron Woods have not been dropped despite poor performances all year?

Question 3: How come Holland is always coming on the last 20 minutes despite playing well when he is always on?

Question 4: If our salary cap situation is so bad why don’t we release the dead wood we have in Aaron Woods, Aiden Tolman, Will Hopoate and Kieran Foran?

Question 5: How come players like Lachlan Lewis and Fa'amanu Brown have not been called up to first grade this year despite performing well in NSW cup?

Question 1. What kind of question is that?? Your going to base Forans interest with the club around with that knock on play??

And shedding those players you mentioned doesn’t solve shit you still have to pay them JMK has been our best defender in my opinion Hopoate has shown great attack and whether I’m gonna get roasted for this idc but Woods has been good in metres

Holland’s question isn’t a question you ask the board it’s a coaching decision which is based on tactics so you would waste time asking that question

The only question that’s not too bad is question 5 but even that aswell is a coaching decision but anyway

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Question 1. What kind of question is that?? Your going to base Forans interest with the club around with that knock on play??

And shedding those players you mentioned doesn’t solve shit you still have to pay them JMK has been our best defender in my opinion Hopoate has shown great attack and whether I’m gonna get roasted for this idc but Woods has been good in metres

Holland’s question isn’t a question you ask the board it’s a coaching decision which is based on tactics so you would waste time asking that question

The only question that’s not too bad is question 5 but even that aswell is a coaching decision but anyway
100% brother! couldn’t agree more!! You get a like from me lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can’t make it unfortunately so here’s a couple I’d like answered. I’d say they will probably cover the salary cap stuff straight up so most questions about that will be made redundant.

1. Was Haslers payout covered by insurance?

2. Are we changing jersey manufacturers to Classic?

3. What does the renovations to ANZ Stadium mean to our contract there? I read that the Tigers will not be getting paid a cent to play there from next year because of the stadium being bought by the government. Does this apply to us aswell.

4. Who is in our top 30?

Last edited:
Reactions: GDR

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one under 15 to ask questions!

Release Aaron woods, Kieran Foran are you on drugs? Release them doesn’t mean we don’t pay there salary and it’s still under our cap unless another club pays big for them (which they won’t)!

Holland comes on with 20 mins to go as it’s when the opposition is tired... he won’t have the same impact after 20mins (these are not the type of questions to ask)

The other questions are even more retarded!
Hey pal I am 24. Why are the questions retarded? I wrote these on behalf of my dad. So your basically insulting my dad which I am taking offense to.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What repercussions does the Club intend against Ray Dib and co for destroying the club? Are they going to start legal action for negligence in the Hasler contract situation and seek damages. Furthermore will he be banned from the Club and all it's activities?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey pal I am 24. Why are the questions retarded? Hoppa is shit, Woods is a fucking cat, Foran is fucked and Hoppa is a defensive liability. Holland should be on for more than 20 minutes.
The forum is pretty much being held for off field stuff. I’m not sure if Pay will even be there to answer questions and he would be the person to answer most of yours.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can everyone just shut the fuck up and get back to what this thread is about...

I'm more interested to know if there will be ANY questions about the salary cap. I mean, MEDIA claimed that was the reason behind the forum, and now it appears that it is not. Can anyone shed light on this based on the email sent to members?

A few things I would like to know:
1. Can the club ensure that more focus is placed on Flegg/NSW Cup/HMatts/SG Ball, so fans can follow a players progress though grades? Live streaming or something maybe?
2. Why aren't our Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup players profiles on the website?
3. What is our Top 30?
4. What is happening with our Strength and Fitness?

and if Greenberg is actually there

5. Does the board fully support the notion that the NRL NEED to act on the situation with referees?

That one I'd love to see asked. Put them on the spot in front of Greenberg and Co.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder of the Members and Season Ticket holders forum is this Thursday at 6pm with registration by 5.55.
This is your opportunity to ask the Board your questions or comment upon any issue you would like clarification.
If you don’t think you’ll be able to ask in front of the crowd, post your question here and I’ll ensure you get a response
Does the leagues club sign off on the payments,of players,coaches and football departments,& if so why weren’t questions asked at the time

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i'd like to know how much longer we're going to be screwed with these back ended contracts

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully this administration will be a bit more transparent and not filter out all the tough questions at this forum.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
MEDIA claimed that was the reason behind the forum, and now it appears that it is not. Can anyone shed light on this based on the email sent to members?
Greenberg,Beattie along with the clubs board and management have been going from club to club having these forums with the fans and this is our turn.The salary cap situation will obviously get talked about but it wasn’t put on for the sole purpose of answering the cap issue.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The forum is pretty much being held for off field stuff. I’m not sure if Pay will even be there to answer questions and he would be the person to answer most of yours.
I thought he would be attending.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you are posting in here, be respectful of others questions.

If you feel the need to attack another posters questions, you'll be removed from the thread and your posts /questions with it.

Question 1: Is Foran’s best interests with Canterbury? If so how come he didn’t seem interested in getting the ball when Rhys Martin tried to pass it to him and when he lost it close to the try line?

Question 2: How come players like Will Hopoate, Kieran Foran, Jeremy Marshall King and Aaron Woods have not been dropped despite poor performances all year?

Q1 - Foran knocked the ball on, but it was a tough pass regardless. Just one of those things. He loves the club and has stated so several times in the media.

Q2 - Impact, to catch lacking defence and with minimal intercahnges (if any) left for the other side.

Q3 - If we offload them to other teams (like Kasiano and Graham), we will pay part of their contract unless the other team completely take over the contract (usually unlikely). If it was someone like Tedesco, or Cronk or Smith, then yes another club might take that contract over totally as they are in demand. But someone like Tolman we'd be paying a percentage of his contract if we were to shift him.

More on that if you move on Woods, Hoppa, and Foran we have very little attack. People bag Foran and Woods unfairly and without looking statistically at what they do (metres made getting us up field, line breaks, offloads at the line). Foran and Woods issues at the moment is nobody supporting them waiting for offloads.

Q5 - Brown has been a few times and made crucial errors/given away silly penalties. Lewis I think is a work in progress and will take on eventually a role like Holland.

NOTE: Could also be because if he plays in NRL it costs us more.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My father wants to ask these questions:
Question 1:

Question 2:

If you were to ask those questions, you are lucky that the board aren't allowed to also ask you some questions in reply.
Imagine when you ask question 3, the reply to the question would be why did all the kennel's wan't to crucify us for signing Holand in the first place then all those calls by fans questioning why we don't shop him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.