Reimis Smith in for Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did you watch the game? How do you know it was the opposing wingers fault for the tries? Perreira plays left wing for the Dragons but I don't know which side our guys play on
I've watch all the NSW Cup games on Foxtel / 9Now that have been telecast. Smith's defence is no better than Montoyas.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've watch all the NSW Cup games on Foxtel / 9Now that have been telecast. Smith's defence is no better than Montoyas.
Bugger I was hoping he would be the answer. Looks like there's no quick fix to our issues

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bugger I was hoping he would be the answer. Looks like there's no quick fix to our issues
Bergamin, Lewis, Olive would be the 3 potential players to step up.

Bergmain and Lewis (like Holland) can cover halves or centre. Bergs also can play fullback or wing.
Olive can cover wing or centre.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kids 19. Needs another 3 years. Plenty of potential.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya just cant stay on his winger always comes infield and we get caught out,watch the storm wingers how they stay on their man even if the centre is infield as it gives the cover d time to come across

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bergamin, Lewis, Olive would be the 3 potential players to step up.

Bergmain and Lewis (like Holland) can cover halves or centre. Bergs also can play fullback or wing.
Olive can cover wing or centre.
Who do you like the most out of those 3?

Montoya just cant stay on his winger always comes infield and we get caught out,watch the storm wingers how they stay on their man even if the centre is infield as it gives the cover d time to come across
Foran is part of the problem though. He makes bad decisions in defence which means Hoppa and Montoya are always outnumbered.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Scored another nice try today to go with last weeks 80m effort. Makes good metres coming out of our end and draws a lot penalties with his quick play the balls. He is a big body (197cm - 100kg) so want get dominated like Montoya does.
I agree been saying exactly that for a while. But has feet for hands sometimes. But need a change for Montaya.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Storm have pace and mobility all over the edges so they are able to cover the space quickly. We have Foran and Hoppa lol.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why is everyone on Montoya’s back?
out of frustration I even blast him lol, but truth be told is if your centre goes infield the winger must follow.
As a winger you can’t stay out wide while the centre goes in and leaving a big hole.
That’s how every team coaches the wingers.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone on Montoya’s back?
out of frustration I even blast him lol, but truth be told is if your centre goes infield the winger must follow.
As a winger you can’t stay out wide while the centre goes in and leaving a big hole.
That’s how every team coaches the wingers.
Only sometimes. It's all about decision making. Sometimes the centre will hit the opp by coming out of the line, particularly if there is an overlap. The winger has to make a quick decision to trust the slide to cover on the inside or to follow the centre in. That's Montoya's problem. He just can't make the decision either at all or quick enough to be effective. That's why he looks like a fool defensively. He can tackle but he just isn't there to do it in time.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Only sometimes. It's all about decision making. Sometimes the centre will hit the opp by coming out of the line, particularly if there is an overlap. The winger has to make a quick decision to trust the slide to cover on the inside or to follow the centre in. That's Montoya's problem. He just can't make the decision either at all or quick enough to be effective. That's why he looks like a fool defensively. He can tackle but he just isn't there to do it in time.
That’s why there should be more communication between the two, look at the twins all they do is talk to each other.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I want dutchie to continue to play hooker, and come on for JMK with 25 to go.
I’ll take anyone over Montoya atm.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Montoya doesn’t make a decision at all. He half comes in and gets caught in no mans land, between the center and winger.
Every. Fucken. Time.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is why El Masri was one of the best.. He would just make a simple decision and just take the centre or the space between the centre and the winger. Most of the time he would shut the play down by taking the ball out of play. Still the most underrated defender I have ever seen.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smiths defence is woeful - decision making and physical commitment - has not improved. This year he is running the ball better. Olive would be a far better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.