The Bulldogs and Des Hasler reach a settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs and Des Hasler reach a settlement

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have reached an out of court settlement in regard to their case with Des Hasler.

Both parties have met in recent weeks to discuss the case and have come to an agreement on a financial settlement.

The terms of the settlement are covered by a non-disclosure clause included in the agreement between both parties.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was pleased that the matter had been settled:

"After a great deal of discussion over recent months the Bulldogs are pleased to be able to announce that they have reached a settlement with Des Hasler. It was important for the club to be able to bring this matter to a close and move forward.

Our members and fans deserve that.

With this matter resolved we can we can now look forward to the future and making sure that we put all our energies in to making the Bulldogs great again. It is a time for stability and to build a strong base for the future. With this matter now closed we are in a position to do that.

We we would also like to wish Des all the best for the future."

Bulldogs Chair Lynne Anderson was in agreeance:

"The Bulldogs are pleased that we have reached this outcome. We feel that it is a fair one that respects both parties given the challenges of this unique circumstance.”

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH

Sounds like Des has a potential job lined up. He can't claim for as much in terms of monetary losses if he gets a decent paying gig (well - he can, but for nowhere near the amount that has been touted)

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bet he got the payout he wanted.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice ..

We can all move the fuck on how..
See ya des !!

New start, new beginnings!! The team can get on with it, dean can keep up the good work to date an all this can be put behind us, huge pressure valve just released.

I have a feeling we will go on now an string a few wins together.. I hope !
Time to rip in an no more excuses, dean is free to do as he pleases an keep making changes to find the right formula.

Up up doggies !!!!!!!!

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
COACHING NZ I DO BELEIVE????
Either:

a) the dogs paid him what he wanted i.e closer to what he was asking than what the dogs hoped for; or

b) he has a job lined up and the dogs are happy to fork out the difference between what he gets from his new role and what he would of got if he was with the dogs

Only the lawyers and parties will know the amount of the settlement but it would be easy to work out by deducting his income in 2018 and 2019 from $2 million.

The main thing is the dogs board can put it behind them and focus on operational matters and the football club because believe you me this would have been a time-consuming distraction for the board!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either:

a) the dogs paid him what he wanted i.e closer to what he was asking than what the dogs hoped for; or

b) he has a job lined up and the dogs are happy to fork out the difference between what he gets from his new role and what he would of got if he was with the dogs

Only the lawyers and parties will know the amount of the settlement but it would be easy to work out by deducting his income in 2018 and 2019 from $2 million.

The main thing is the dogs board can put it behind them and focus on operational matters and the football club because believe you me this would have been a time-consuming distraction for the board!
We should get a good idea of how much he got in next years AGM report I think the the Leagues Club grant will be massive.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where does this payment come from? Football club or leagues club?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over a million according to this but no idea how he would know.4400BC3D-76C4-47D8-8D60-64F146C81088.png

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Does it count towards the football operations cap?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard Des has a job lined up with doorsPlus as a safety consultant testing out their hinges, on condition that he settle his dispute with the dogs first :grinning:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we make a payment offer for the Sutton brothers to fuck off and never set foot on rugby league field ever again?

Re Des, thank fuck that chapter is over for the club.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We should get a good idea of how much he got in next years AGM report I think the the Leagues Club grant will be massive.
No it won't appear on either. They have insurance to cover these sorts of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.