How to fix the sloppy attack- 9- JMK, 7- Frawley, 6-Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
6/7 Foran and Frawley (they had a whole offseason of training together, why waste it)
9- JMK/Brown (interchange 1) Lichaa is a dud. JMK can kick and run, which is what our 9 is missing

Drop Woods to set an example. He fucked our momentum with multiple errors and penalties in the second half. Bring in To'Omaga instead. Jackson to Lock. Could even drop Fualolo and put in someone like Okunbur (probably butchered the spelling, apologies).

I know many are blaming JMK, but remember, he had no pre season with foran (frawley was there) and is completely new to 1st grade. I though he did quite well (1 on 1 with RCG was a mint tackle imo).

Note, this is just my opinion, as rational as I can be. JMK and Foran both showed they could get some good plays sorted, but our play from 9 is too slow and does not promote such play. JMK would, in my opinion. I am not claiming I know everything, but from what I saw tonight and the last few weeks, these changes would be an improvement.

I.E: Compare our attack in rounds 1 and 2 (with frawley) to now. I know his defence is an issue, but what else can we do? He had the offseason with foran, and had 1 try and 1 try assist in each game. Neither Foran or JMK have done that for us so far.

Summary
9-JMK
7-Frawley
6-Foran (better here I reckon)

Drop Woods (to set an example0need to be a tough coach not soft), To'Omaga in.

Leave your thoughts/frustrations/rants below.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Frawley cost us the game with like 5 minutes to go last week in NSW Cup.

**** shouldn't even be lining up for Ron Massey this weekend.

Please, never, ever mention his name and first grade again.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the problem is we have no back up forwards to even replace shit ***** like woods.

our roster is rotten to the core and on top Pay seems to be having no idea as a coach.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Frawley cost us the game with like 5 minutes to go last week in NSW Cup.

**** shouldn't even be lining up for Ron Massey this weekend.

Please, never, ever mention his name and first grade again.
Balsa cost us 2 nrl games in a row but that piece of shit will never be dropped.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s take a step back...

If I’m not mistaken, we performed well in the trials yeah?

Against teams that were full strength from memory.

Maybe the answer is in our NSW Cup squad. Correction, the answer has to be in that squad. We have nothing to loose, the Ogden’s, To’omaga’s, Burr’s, Lewis’, Bergamin’s, Martin’s...they need to be tried and they are capable.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s going to take time and we have to be patient. It’s not a quick fix! Just have to keep plodding on lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no dropping Woods. There are no better players to replace him with.

Also they are not far off winning these games.

Problems:-

No.1 - Lichaa. He is killing us with slow service from.DH.

No. 2 - Forwards lack of fitness relative to other teams. Our forwards run out of puff in the 2nf half, get dominated and start dropping the ball. That gives up field position and as a result there is very few opportunities to score in the 2nd half. A patten that is being repeated in most games.

No. 3 - JMK at 6. Not really working in attack is it? He has heaps of potential but.....

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We’re a shit team up and down. We suck. There is no answer other than a clean out. Everyone has to go. They are all shit

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Short turn around away game against Brisbane so there won’t be any changes next week..

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether Daniel Holdsworth is still going around? He might be a better option at 6 than JMK? I am sure we could find a way to fit him under the salary cap with a back-loaded contract of some sort .....

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
probably a couple yrs of recruitment, no matter who's om charge

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This club is clueless we need a good halfback for like 15 years but we buy 5/8's or
Does anyone know whether Daniel Holdsworth is still going around? He might be a better option at 6 than JMK? I am sure we could find a way to fit him under the salary cap with a back-loaded contract of some sort .....[/QUOT

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is how to fix the bullshit

- Pay grow some nuts and make some specific changes whilst the season before too late

- Olive for Montoya because we lack express pace.

- Either or all Ogden, Tualau, Toomaga and Brown to give us much needed punch and aggression off the bench

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We simply have the wrong balance of players stemming from desmonds time.we have solid, safe, consistent percentage players with no flair or X about them besides mbye.hoppa perfect example. We can't play expansive footy and bar the odd occasion will only be able to grind out wins.pay needs to wield axe and blood some youth with a nothing to loose attitude as season is write off.we also have that theory that we want juniors coming through ranks but I can't fathom how Montoya keeps his spot as is so light, offers no impact and makes crucial judgement errors .pay please drop our million dollar flop woods who's here on the cash grab especially. Sad times for all doggies supporters.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest problem is still JMK. He is trying very hard but is lacking in a couple of areas. His kicking is suspect. He does not offer any support to Foran.
He is not an organiser at all. I would experiment with him at 9, and put Lichaa on the bench. Who plays 1/2 is a toss up.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There s only one thing I want desperately to see. Move up in defence and hold the opposition at the advantage line. I am sick, sick, sick of seeing our players moving backwards in defence. Move up and tackle with momentum and intensity. Make each tackle hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.