Will Lynne Anderson and the board step in this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They said they will be a proactive board and not reactive. Well, almost a third of the way through the season and we cannot score a well executed, non-fluke try to save our lives. If I was Lynne, I'd have a quiet word with Pay in the back office and say "listen mate, if you think we're improving, then you're fucked"

I would then proceed to offer Bellamy 2.5 mill a year to coach us through this mess

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They said they will be a proactive board and not reactive. Well, almost a third of the way through the season and we cannot score a well executed, non-fluke try to save our lives. If I was Lynne, I'd have a quiet word with Pay in the back office and say "listen mate, if you think we're improving, then you're fucked"

I would then proceed to offer Bellamy 2.5 mill a year to coach us through this mess
BELLAMY LOL. He was NOTHING without the Big 3 at his club. Even with just one of them gone (Cronk) the Storm look average. They lost to the Tigers FFS.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would be the smart choice if they want to move forward. Roster needs an overhaul and need some spark in attack

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BELLAMY LOL. He was NOTHING without the Big 3 at his club. Even with just one of them gone (Cronk) the Storm look average. They lost to the Tigers FFS.
The tigers are beating everyone this season?
Geez if you don’t rate Bellamy I hate to think what your thoughts are about Pay

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The tigers are beating everyone this season?
Geez if you don’t rate Bellamy I hate to think what your thoughts are about Pay
Pay = Rookie.

Any coach could win if they had the big 3, and at times the big 4 (GI) and big 5 (Folau). Hell Hasler could win with the big 3.

And yes the Tigers are beating everyone but I think it will eventually catch up with them.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Lol. Hilarious thread dude.

Do you have any comprehension of how our club started this year?

New Board
New CEO
New Coach
New players

Yet you seem to think that we are going to be playing like world beaters every match?

Yes we didn’t have our best attacking game last night. Welcome to the NRL. the Storm (who still have Smith and Slater) have had some shockers also. The roosters who have a star studded line up could only manage 6 points last night off the back of a Shit attempt from Hopoate to tackle Mitchell.

Your expectations are ridiculous and completely unfair.

If we are still performing so poorly this time next year then let’s talk.

For now I’m enjoying the efforts from most of our players last night including the fantastic defensive effort for 80 mins.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Hilarious thread dude.

Do you have any comprehension of how our club started this year?

New Board
New CEO
New Coach
New players

Yet you seem to think that we are going to be playing like world beaters every match?

Yes we didn’t have our best attacking game last night. Welcome to the NRL. the Storm (who still have Smith and Slater) have had some shockers also. The roosters who have a star studded line up could only manage 6 points last night off the back of a Shit attempt from Hopoate to tackle Mitchell.

Your expectations are ridiculous and completely unfair.

If we are still performing so poorly this time next year then let’s talk.

For now I’m enjoying the efforts from most of our players last night including the fantastic defensive effort for 80 mins.
I’m really happy for you. I wish I could accept mediocrity as well as you do.

In response to your comment: how does a new board, CEO and 2 international players make you get WORSE in attack? Pathetic excuse as we are a full off season and 7 rounds in. Boards and ceos have squat to do with the footy.

Next you talk about smith and slater. They are fucking 35. Stop using men who are nearly 40 as an excuse. Plus they won the comp so they deserve any leeway they can get. And as for the roosters, we had ALL the possession against them and scored 0. Maybe they also have a coaching problem with their star lineup but if that’s what you wanna discuss, go to the chook pen.

A third of the way through the season, and no matter how you spin it, Pay has been a dud with his structures, game plan, rotations and until he proves otherwise, the team will continue to lose. I’m happy that you are enjoying the effort though

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bellamy wouldn’t coach half the guys there,he would not have Aron woods,Klemmer carts it up hasn’t passed a ball in 2 years,pay should have put a line through most players at the beginning of season,and start fresh,we may have been 0-6 but the young guys would’ve got some valuable experience

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People were worried this new board would sack Pay. Now people are worried the new board won't sack Pay?

I'm not a fan of Pay so far and was critical of the initial signing, if the board does choose to move him on early that is fine by me if he keeps up this attitude and we have a more suitable replacement lined up. If there isn't anyone more suitable and they think he can do better next season, I will also be happy with their decision.

If in 3 years time he hasn't had any improvements with his own squad etc. and he still has this lack of energy as a coach that I get from him then i'll probably be yelling for the board to replace him. This year is just an awkward position for them either way.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy wouldn’t coach half the guys there,he would not have Aron woods,Klemmer carts it up hasn’t passed a ball in 2 years,pay should have put a line through most players at the beginning of season,and start fresh,we may have been 0-6 but the young guys would’ve got some valuable experience
Klemm has had 10 tackle busts and 6 off loads already this year. Kind of destroys your argument doesn't it.......

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Klemm has had 10 tackle busts and 6 off loads already this year. Kind of destroys your argument doesn't it.......
I swear OD...some people mustn’t be watching the game with some of the rubbish they talk! Klem had at least one offload I can remember last night! Others say Elliott needs to be stopped when he’s played two food games in a row and been one of our better players. What are they watching?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy is finishing in Brisbane where he is from end of story forget him

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I swear OD...some people mustn’t be watching the game with some of the rubbish they talk! Klem had at least one offload I can remember last night! Others say Elliott needs to be stopped when he’s played two food games in a row and been one of our better players. What are they watching?
I know. There isn't anyone on this site that is happy that we lost but the largest single complaint over the past 6 weeks has been our lack of dogs of war mentality in defence. Well the hottest backline in the comp was kept scoreless for 75 mins and that's not good enough. What happened to all the 'defence wins games' bullshit that everyone was banging on about? Now its the old favourites. Woods doesn't run or offload (200m) Klemm is soft (200m) Mbye doesn't do enough (200m) Foran went missing (tackled his heart out and would've scored under the posts in the first half if Moz's pass had stuck) and when all else fails lets just dump on Elliott (only 60m but still made 24 tackles in his two stints and ran with aggression). Funny how now Eastwood is back to his old self its like everyone has forgotten he even plays. Just need new targets I guess. I have more confidence we are going to have a good season now than I did at the start of the season. All they have to do is keep building. We have plenty of attacking options and once it gels we will be fine.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The board said they would leave the onfield performances to the players and coaching staff. They said they were responsible for creating an environment in which success is possible.
I for one, would be disappointed if they stuck their nose in footy matters.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Daughter and kids live on Gold Coast.
Meh, is that it?

People keep saying "he's from Brisbane", but, a I mentioned on another thread, he grew up in NSW, playing junior footy in Newcastle and ten the Raiders, and squeezing a stint in Wagga as a captain/coach and a small bit in England before being Bennet's assistant. He's also coached NSW.

I only see him going to Broncs because they are a rich glamour club TBH.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Whilst i wouldn't want to see the board micro managing, i would like them to kick Pay up the arse. We don;t want another alleged "coach controls everything" situation.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The board said they would leave the onfield performances to the players and coaching staff. They said they were responsible for creating an environment in which success is possible.
I for one, would be disappointed if they stuck their nose in footy matters.
Whilst I generally agree with you, in that, the board's job is to set up the systems etc, and you don't want a Russell Crowe type situation (or any situation where an owner micro manages), but they also need to keep Pay in check.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't believe they should get involved....way to early for that. I do believe Pay must make some hard decisions regarding team selections and improve the use of his bench.

I get what some are saying about don't panic about attack BUT with the amount of possession we had yesterday, points should have been scored.

Rorters were crap and there is way too much smoke being blown up our arses about their defensive effort, if you can't tackle one up tackles then you shouldn't be playing. Let's face it that's all they did and there were no questions asked at all. Infact the only danger time was about 3 minutes from the end from JMK.

As I said, Pay needs to wield the axe on a couple of blokes who aren't good enough to play FG. I know we are severely crap with the cattle but there is a few young blokes we could give a run. I have question marks on Lichaa, Montoya, Elliott and in Hoppa's D.

Status
Not open for further replies.