Mbye-Haslers biggest mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The way Mbye has settled into the Fullback position makes me cry.

A lot of our supporters were calling for him to be moved to Fullback as far back as 2014. Hasler for some reason wanted to create a problem with having three halves fit into two. (Hodkinson/Reynolds/Mbye)
We were publicly looking for a "Rock Star" Fullback and yet had one under our noses. Not that Cleal and Hasler would know.

Anyway that's water under the bridge. What has surprised me is how he has all of a sudden turned into a calmer footballer. His confidence level is super high. His general play kicking the other night was much better than he delivered in a few years in the halves. His Goalkicking looks much better. He actually seems like he wants to do the kicking now. Previously I doubt he even wanted the job. Over the last two weeks when Holland has come on I fully expected Mbye to hand the kicking over to him. But he now has that ownership and I reckon that's come from Pay believing in him. I'm sure Hasler was the type that would blast him when things went wrong and therefore stuff his confidence.

Hopefully he goes to another level now. All of a sudden he looks cheap at $700k.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
remember his statement where he said he has no fucken idea where he belongs? lol

goes to show the severity of damage Des has done to our club and playing roster.

We had our rockstar fullback playing for us for last 4 years in the wrong fucken position.

fuck you DES!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
up there with the backended contracts

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score

A lot of our supporters were calling for him to be moved to Fullback as far back as 2014. Hasler for some reason wanted to create a problem with having three halves fit into two. (Hodkinson/Reynolds/Mbye)
We were publicly looking for a "Rock Star" Fullback and yet had one under our noses. Not that Cleal and Hasler would know.

Anyway that's water under the bridge. What has surprised me is how he has all of a sudden turned into a calmer footballer. His confidence level is super high. His general play kicking the other night was much better than he delivered in a few years in the halves. His Goalkicking looks much better. He actually seems like he wants to do the kicking now. Previously I doubt he even wanted the job. Over the last two weeks when Holland has come on I fully expected Mbye to hand the kicking over to him. But he now has that ownership and I reckon that's come from Pay believing in him. I'm sure Hasler was the type that would blast him when things went wrong and therefore stuff his confidence.

Hopefully he goes to another level now. All of a sudden he looks cheap at $700k.
He is playing great footy and looks really confident in his new role. He's running the ball well and his goal kicking has improved. He is a great asset at fullback.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Letting Cook, Lafai, Tapau, Finucane go and keeping so many obviously lower quality players on bigger dollars - one of many big mistakes of Des.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d argue even little Corey Thompson was a good fullback. I remember him putting in a superb grubber then score.

His work at the tigers is showing he is elusive and can ball play a bit.

Des was just too arrogant to see the error of his ways and he paid the ultimate price.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leaving Manly was his biggest mistake.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I hear the words "rockstar fullback" one more time I will vomit

Reactions: DT

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des was the biggest mistake of his parents.

Reactions: DT

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No,
Getting rid of Cook, who will be the best hooker in the game by 2020, for a RETARD is Haslers biggest mistake.

This can be a worthy second however.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye has found his position and is starting to realise how much of a great player he is an will become. He will be a great number one.

Although des didn’t realise this,pay did straight away and that there will be a slap in the face to des!!

Go figure.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The amount of talent he lost due to cap mismanagement is up there... Imagine this fcuker.

8. Graham
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Finucane

14. Tapau
15. Kasiano
16. Fualalo
17. Eastwood

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score

To make it worse, Hasler wanted him at hooker this year where he would be forced into making 40+ takcles a game and not run the ball at all....l. Hasler destroyed Lichaa's career and was clearly fosucing on Mbye next.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye has found his position and is starting to realise how much of a great player he is an will become. He will be a great number one.

Although des didn’t realise this,pay did straight away and that there will be a slap in the face to des!!

Go figure.

we all did 3 years ago. lol

des got paid over a million yet he didn't see it.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Before we get carried away about Mbye.

He has a very long way to go before even being classified as a rock star fullback

He still needs to learn to roam around the ruck making himself available to the forwards for an offload. Needs to better position himself in attack and know when to chime in. Few other things as well.

Potential is there and he is doing an awesome job so far, so hopefully he continues to learn or be shown the ropes to fully realise his potential

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why did it take so long? He was paid something like $18000 per week FFS.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Before we get carried away about Mbye.

He has a very long way to go before even being classified as a rock star fullback

He still needs to learn to roam around the ruck making himself available to the forwards for an offload. Needs to better position himself in attack and know when to chime in. Few other things as well.

Potential is there and he is doing an awesome job so far, so hopefully he continues to learn or be shown the ropes to fully realise his potential
His passing game has to get much better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.