Fine's sinbining

Status
Not open for further replies.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sinbin.jpg Just watching the replay as I had to watch the game last night on my phone. Seriously Fine is off side what 50cm? Seems like the ref made up his mind on the previous penalty that he needed to send someone. Then the second half he stopped caring and being 3 or 4 meters offside was fine.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There were a number of penalties inside the attacking zone against both sides leading up to it, but the ref has made us pay for the Cowboys penalties at the other end as well i feel. They actually did it MORE than us before we had a player binned. Wasnt very fair.

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were a number of penalties inside the attacking zone leading up to it, but the ref has made us pay for the Cowboys penalties at the other end as well i feel. They actually did it MORE than us before we had a player binned. Wasnt very fair.
JJ did mention the prior cowboys offside indescretions to the refs but typical ref's answer I'll handle it you worry about your boys.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is still offside so at the end of the day the decision was right if we wanted to argue the point. Consistency from the refs last night was not there which makes this decision hard to swallow. Penalty count would have been 40+ if they penalised the defence for this type of offside.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ever since that short Kane Evans try for the roosters against us a few years back, I will always assume the refs are out to get certain teams.

This was evident in the tigers v broncos golden point, as well as our recent game against the rabbits.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penalty against the Tigers was an absolute disgraceful refereeing decision which influenced the outcome of the game. Could have penalised the play the ball against the Broncos if you want to read the rule book word for word. Storm, Eels, Tigers, Raiders Sharks and Dogs are getting heavily targeted compared to the rest IMO.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed such a dodgy decision as always we are getting hammered by the refs

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 5611 Just watching the replay as I had to watch the game last night on my phone. Seriously Fine is off side what 50cm? Seems like the ref made up his mind on the previous penalty that he needed to send someone. Then the second half he stopped caring and being 3 or 4 meters offside was fine.
50cm is a lot when they are 75cm from the line.
In saying that you can always find players offside on the try line. It’s a lottery.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ever since that short Kane Evans try for the roosters against us a few years back, I will always assume the refs are out to get certain teams.

This was evident in the tigers v broncos golden point, as well as our recent game against the rabbits.
Omg don’t remind me of that Kane Evans decisions in the finals. Has to be up there as the worst decision of all time surely.

Was no try on the account of:
1: held up
2: knock on
3: didn’t reach the chalk
4: double movement

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Refs are normally the nerds from back in school that never got a run and were picked on by the 'cool kids.

That's why they are such vermin on the field

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 5611 Just watching the replay as I had to watch the game last night on my phone. Seriously Fine is off side what 50cm? Seems like the ref made up his mind on the previous penalty that he needed to send someone. Then the second half he stopped caring and being 3 or 4 meters offside was fine.
I know its trivial... but go watch the Parra game again and check out the raiders defence in the last 10-15 mins, those fuckers were offside heaps... but nothing gets done as someone was already in the bin.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Refs are normally the nerds from back in school that never got a run and were picked on by the 'cool kids.

That's why they are such vermin on the field
And please take no offence, but just like the guy that runs the local hardware store is a failed tradesman...........

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know its trivial... but go watch the Parra game again and check out the raiders defence in the last 10-15 mins, those fuckers were offside heaps... but nothing gets done as someone was already in the bin.

Mate this is the biggest problem. In our game vs Penrith? I think it was, one of the opposition was sent to the bin for an infringement and not three tackles or so later another player committed a professional foul and stayed on the field when in the normal state of things he would have been sent for 10. Then again if five different infringements are committed by 5 different players how can you send someone for repeated infringements?

Also the refs will blow the pea out of the whistle near the line but the same infringement committed in mid field is never/ very rarely penalised.

AND what about this? Saw it a few times in our game last night with Cows standing under the posts, in front of their line less than ten metres from the kicker and waving their arms in the air
DISTRACTING GOAL KICKER It is illegal to distract the attention of a player who is kicking for goal. Players from the non-kicking side must position themselves as follows: a. Conversion attempt. Players must be behind their own goal line or outside the touch line. b. Penalty kick at goal. Not less than ten metres from the mark or on their goal line.

Last edited:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion a penalty should be for high tackles, spear tackles, chicken wings, obstruction...etc. This offside stuff should only be a penalty if it is so bad and obvious that as soon as the attacking player plays the ball he is being approached by a defender. The current penalties are so soft and stupid. If we needed to go back to the video to see it then it is not obvious and could not have affected the attacking play.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
And please take no offence, but just like the guy that runs the local hardware store is a failed tradesman...........
Lol. Very true. Normally these days you are promoted when you can't handle the job. That's why I'm in management ;-)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If anything, looking at that, the player who was the worst was Klemmer. Honestly you see that type of thing every play the ball in every game and it is like Russian Roulette with the penalties.

Reactions: jof

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In my opinion a penalty should be for high tackles, spear tackles, chicken wings, obstruction...etc. This offside stuff should only be a penalty if it is so bad and obvious that as soon as the attacking player plays the ball he is being approached by a defender. The current penalties are so soft and stupid. If we needed to go back to the video to see it then it is not obvious and could not have affected the attacking play.
I think it was Gus Gould that spoke about the fact that everything and anything is being penalised these days. The NRL has made a rod for its own back because of its slackness over the last 5 or so years with interpretation being the key word. If you can't always referee to the letter of the law and teams know that they have some leeway what happens is exactly what we have been seeing.

Reactions: jof

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Omg don’t remind me of that Kane Evans decisions in the finals. Has to be up there as the worst decision of all time surely.

Was no try on the account of:
1: held up
2: knock on
3: didn’t reach the chalk
4: double movement

and you think they are considered the best in their jobs and also get paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.