Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have not listened yet but apparently he was on there this morning and said that our cap situation is so bad that Pay will not be able to create his team for 3 years.

Apparently we somehow only have 800k left in our cap for next year. If someone listened who can provide quotes that would be good.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Really? So looks like many more years of heart ache. Thanks Dessie! FFS

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what happens with the money from the guys off contract this year? Not many will get resigned...
Is this only if we resign everyone?

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what happens with the money from the guys off contract this year? Not many will get resigned...
Is this only if we resign everyone?
Well that money gives us the 800k as the back ended deals make up the rest.
If you really want to be scared the story I’ve heard about Tolmans deal should be a royal commission into it

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this a load of crap, the article is all over the place saying we have $800k then we have 1.5mil to find a halves partner but we cant afford Sezer???????? i can tell you know we will not be signing Eastwood, J Morris, B Morris and Matt Frawley. Even if we donrt sign much for next yearand use players we already have, the plan is i know is for us to have a really big crack in the open market for 2020 but that has to start by not resigning these 4 mentioned... Mark my words

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back ended contracts are only half the problem we have average players like Tolman, Elliott, Holland, Montoya and others on overs.

It makes sense why they gave Holland and Elliott 3 years now whats the bet those are back ended as well.

If it's as bad as being reported the club should just come clean and explain whats going on it will be a lot easier to stomach.

Castle is just as much to blame as Hasler and Dib.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This cannot be right.

You cannot have half your squad off contract with only 10% of your salary cap left. Surely HasDib Castle weren't that stupid? Or were they? How could an administration allow something like this to happen.

The current administration need to come clean with the fans and actually tell us if this is true or codswallop. We need to brace ourselves for 2-3 barren seasons ahead. Disappointment is not as bad if you know its coming.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Josh Massoud talks out of his elbow (arse....he wouldn't know the difference).

No reason to trust what that gibberer says....although I don't really doubt Des has left us in poor shape. That's what he does to clubs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the most important comment in that article "’The figure I’ve heard" ... so no fact, just based on something someones passed him over.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...nst-new-zealand-warriors-20180314-h0xhou.html
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/05/aidan-sezer-focused-on-securing-new-deal-with-canberra-raiders/

Hypothetical... if Hasler was still at the club, would he (and Castle and Co) allow the situation to get as grim as that?? I don't think so.
No Hasler would have just kept back ending contracts..........

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is the most important comment in that article "’The figure I’ve heard" ... so no fact, just based on something someones passed him over.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...nst-new-zealand-warriors-20180314-h0xhou.html
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/05/aidan-sezer-focused-on-securing-new-deal-with-canberra-raiders/

Hypothetical... if Hasler was still at the club, would he (and Castle and Co) allow the situation to get as grim as that?? I don't think so.
The dire predicament we are in right now is all due to his ineptitude. Honestly, how can you not see that? It is an absolute disgrace what that egotistical prick did to our club and the fact people are making apologies for him.....even wanting him back in some cases, does my head in. He fucked this club over and one or two years at the helm and he may have well and truly fucked us for good.

Blaming a coach and board that has been in charge for a little more than 5 minutes is ridiculous.

Malla

Reaction score
Wait... so which team isn't at the cap? This is nonsense. The cap situation only seems back because we have guys like Tolman, Elliot, etc on multi year deals who are average players getting paid overs. Absolute garbage reporting from Massoud.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This cannot be right.

You cannot have half your squad off contract with only 10% of your salary cap left. Surely HasDib Castle weren't that stupid? Or were they? How could an administration allow something like this to happen.

The current administration need to come clean with the fans and actually tell us if this is true or codswallop. We need to brace ourselves for 2-3 barren seasons ahead. Disappointment is not as bad if you know its coming.
Exactly this... if this is B.S then the club needs to come out and call it as B.S.

What makes me think this is BS. is that we have no one of real significance coming off contract at the end of 2019.. all the big names come off contract in 2020..

So unless the contracts are middle and back ended, I call B.S.

Gees I hope we are right :hushed:

Status
Not open for further replies.