Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rochow mqeen ext, what? Taylor. Give me some of what your on.
Lol that was a different conversation, I actually said they were alright but shit at the same time. And I don't want anything your on...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And yet he is a relatively young prop who has played for his State and his Country who can do something no other forward in our Club can do... he has an offload. This is a skill our Club and our Players are utterly clueless about after years of Desball. We dont know how to use Woods properly. Don't get me wrong he needs to get more mongrel into his game, lots more but on the ither side of the coin we need to rapidly play to his offload skill or it will be lost forever....
I believe the critics have been a bit hard on Woods. He has to learn the game plan and implement it.
He hasnt really been dominated in any game this year. When the team gels, it will be all go ahead.
The weak link is the person who supports Kieron Foran. Tried a few, but no result yet. Time to try someone else.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Michael Gordon, Jorge Taufua, Cameron Munster, Matt Scott, Gavin Cooper, Corey Norman, Campbell Gillard, Nathan Cleary, Burgess Brothers, Coen Hess are all off contract at the end of 2019 and should be targeted.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My recruitment plan would be to sign Roosters management and get them to fix our cap. Roosters are able to go on signing sprees every couple of years. Need to get a sombrero cap.

With the cap it is extremely difficult to build a dynasty or team that will be at the top for years. Need to get the best 3rd party deals & cap management to recruit and retain our best juniors.

Problem is at board and management level not with the coach.
We used to be soooo good at this. Not such a bad idea to hire from the Recruitment team from the Roosters, Storm or other teams that do it better than us...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Michael Gordon, Jorge Taufua, Cameron Munster, Matt Scott, Gavin Cooper, Corey Norman, Campbell Gillard, Nathan Cleary, Burgess Brothers, Coen Hess are all off contract at the end of 2019 and should be targeted.
Michael Gordon - will be 36
Jorge Taufua - Injury Prone
Cameron Munster - Fuck I'd give my left nut for him.
Matt Scott - Old and broken
Gavin Cooper - Will be old by then.
Corey Norman - Would be great next to Foran.
RCG - Proper hard **** this bloke.
Nathan Cleary - Would be our missing piece. I'd break the bank for him.
Burgess Bros - If it was 2014 then yeah. Actually I'd like to see if we can get one of the twins on the cheap and fire them up.
Coen Hess - I'd give him my girlfriend and house to move down here.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would certainly consider the Following 2 names that would be absolute bargain buys if given the all clear to play in 2019 after ending up in the crap this year. Could be cheap replacements for the Moz boys and leave money to spend on others.

-Jack Wighton, has a connection to Pay and could play centre at a pinch.

-Taane Milne, could play centre or wing and has plenty of potential.

A third name in the mix

Although lazy at times, Josh Papalli is only 25 and could be that middle forward with thrust that we are missing off the bench or play him at 13. Again wouldn't spend too much on him though but is much better than what we've got and could be very handy. Hits hard.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
lol

You do realise Bmoz and Mbye are on 800k a year each?

Des threw 600k at Williams?

Foran is on a 3 year $3m dollar deal
Yes....lol.
The only thing you got right was the 3 years.
Where did you get the $3m figure from?

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Michael Gordon - will be 36
Jorge Taufua - Injury Prone
Cameron Munster - Fuck I'd give my left nut for him.
Matt Scott - Old and broken
Gavin Cooper - Will be old by then.
Corey Norman - Would be great next to Foran.
RCG - Proper hard **** this bloke.
Nathan Cleary - Would be our missing piece. I'd break the bank for him.
Burgess Bros - If it was 2014 then yeah. Actually I'd like to see if we can get one of the twins on the cheap and fire them up.
Coen Hess - I'd give him my girlfriend and house to move down here.
Ethan Lowe.
Handy goal kicker too.

A

Alexander the Great

I would certainly consider the Following 2 names that would be absolute bargain buys if given the all clear to play in 2019 after ending up in the crap this year. Could be cheap replacements for the Moz boys and leave money to spend on others.

-Jack Wighton, has a connection to Pay and could play centre at a pinch.

-Taane Milne, could play centre or wing and has plenty of potential.

A third name in the mix

Although lazy at times, Josh Papalli is only 25 and could be that middle forward with thrust that we are missing off the bench or play him at 13. Again wouldn't spend too much on him though but is much better than what we've got and could be very handy. Hits hard.
Wighton should take up boxing tbh

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Apparently, as per bulldog, we will not be buying any big name players for 2018 or 2019 as we will only have $100,000.00 in the salary cap! Not sure if this is correct as we will be shedding a heap of players next season. There was also another report that we have signed a big name player for 2019 and we would be announcing it soon lol who to believe!!!

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has been dropped from tigers team.
He can kick goals.
GET HIM NOW WILL COMPLIMENT FORAN AT 5/8

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being dropped doesn't mean hes leaving the club..........

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently, as per bulldog, we will not be buying any big name players for 2018 or 2019 as we will only have $100,000.00 in the salary cap! Not sure if this is correct as we will be shedding a heap of players next season. There was also another report that we have signed a big name player for 2019 and we would be announcing it soon lol who to believe!!!
the idea that we have no money next year is hard to believe with the dogs no longer having to pay graham and both morris bros and eastwood off contract. Just wondering where you read we had a major signing to announce. certainly could use a little more starch up front and some talent out wide.

Mikey202b

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being dropped doesn't mean hes leaving the club..........
Yes
But he wont be happy..he wants to play first grade. He will be good for our attack..linking with Mbye and working Foran. He can be the X FACTOR.
Obviously he is not fitting in with Cleary and his game plan

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s a few rumours floating around that we will have no money to spend in 2019 either there’s more back ended contracts next year that’s going to use up all the money from the off contract players.
Yes there is backended contracts past 2018.
It's a mess at the moment.
We're still paying Lloyd Perrets contract as well.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes there is backended contracts past 2018.
It's a mess at the moment.
We're still paying Lloyd Perrets contract as well.
The problem is releasing players won’t fix it either it’s only going to compound it. There’s no easy fix it’s going to take some time until all the backended contracts run out.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please stop. Lolo isn't leaving, just like Noffzilla isn't leaving. Lolohea has been dropped so he can get his fitness back up. He'll be back in first grade soon, just like how Noffa is back this week.