Cleeland making his debut ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my nephew plays for Greenacre and he noticed Adien Sizer at hes game on saturday he said he spoke with him and he said he will be at the dogs very soon

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only players that deserves a first grade debut at the moment Is To'omaga and Olive. To'omaga is a forward that doesn't give up straight away when running in attack he is solid and makes it hard for the defenders to tackle him also not bad in defense. Theres a couple more players but I reckon they need more time in the Intrust cup.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
my nephew plays for Greenacre and he noticed Adien Sizer at hes game on saturday he said he spoke with him and he said he will be at the dogs very soon
Fuck I hope so

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He might be here next year. Stuart wont release him after his last game. In the meantime, I think its time to give Cleeland a run outside Foran.
JMK and Frawley, have been less than inspiring. JMK, may sneak a spot on the bench to cover 1.3 6.7.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He might be here next year. Stuart wont release him after his last game. In the meantime, I think its time to give Cleeland a run outside Foran.
JMK and Frawley, have been less than inspiring. JMK, may sneak a spot on the bench to cover 1.3 6.7.
i think he will (Stuart) if he gets Norman

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not saying that the conversation did not take place but it would be highly unusual for a player to speak like that " out of school" In saying that though, we also remember one Fifita boy having his connection with the Dogs severed because he spoke out of turn.

It has been mentioned however, many times over the past few years in the media that he was keen to come back to the Dogs but was apparently not wanted.Re-signed anyway with the Titans for three years after his first contract with them expired. Then off to the Raiders where from all accounts he is now not happy, along with several others in relation to contract negotiations.

He is off contract end of 2018 so can move if he wishes, whether that be to the Dogs or not. Ricky Stuart can't make up his mind who he wants, dropping both his incumbent halves to the bench this year or completely but giving Sezer a bit of a reprieve in his usual ducks and drakes games of changing his teams an hour before.Unhappy players make for unhappy team and poor performances.
Painted into a corner because Sam Williams is injured. Hingano is a back up for him but suffered a nasty concussion last week.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
JMK needs time to prove himself. We at least owe him that. He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can JMK being an important player with the Dogs in the coming years. Id like to see him in the 9 jersey eventually, play a similar style to Cook. Was quicker then I thought, scoot out of DH.
Just not sure he's the answer to partner Foran?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Media says we don't have the money to sign players, so that kills the Sezer claim. Plus Mullholland has shitcanned that claim already, as has Sezer (wants to regain his first grade spot). Raiders have nobody in replacement so he's unlikely to be released easily. If anything Austin is more likely to be let go as he struggles to get back into first grade over Sam Williams.

Cleeland - can't even stamp authority on a NSW Cup game. Outplayed by Lewis and Frawley in the halves, but because Cleeland can't play centres, Lewis is there. Cleeland can break the line, but that's all he has. 27 and yet to crack first grade says it all really. Off contract end of season and doubt he will be retained..
Frawley - seen enough to now he isn't the answer. Off contract end of season and doubt he will be retained.
JMK - I believe signed up for two years. Pay will have told him to just work on the basics, get that right before playing his natural game. Quick player, and I think when he settles in and is allowed to play more expansive and given more space he'll come good.

Until Lichaa starts giving some depth to us in attack, and our forwards start making meters, it won't matter who is in the halvs with Foran. Get some depth in attack, get the forwards moving forwards (with support for line breaks), and you'll see a dramatic change in the side and we'll start winning games.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People can bag him all they like but we need his kicking game
I agree 100%, he’ll definitely help Foran out. A dogs junior that never should of been let go. Thug or no thug, we’ve had worse in the past. Plus these days goal kicking is a must. After three tries what’s better 12-0 up or 18-0 up.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest i have not really seen much of Cleeland other than a few highlights of the games but its time to try something, give him a go and see what happens, we have very little to lose.
JMK did not impress me in the trial game apart from one try scoring pass that was a good result and whilst his first game was really good he has dropped off in attack big time since but they may not be his fault, i dont have a clue.
I say give Cleeland a crack and fingers crossed because we have dished up stuff all so far with others.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think JMK is doing really well, however thus far has provided zero in attack.. hes proven he can find touch well, but that hasn't really helped if we are behind on the scoreboard and he continues to try and find touch.. We have some decent jumpers on the flanks, but yet I only seen one decent kick from Foran against raiders that we almost scored off..
did you not see JMK's cross field kick to the Morris' that resulted in JMoz scoring against Souffs? It was perfect. At the moment Foz is calling the shots but as he gains in confidence he will step up more and more. Gotta give it time.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you not see JMK's cross field kick to the Morris' that resulted in JMoz scoring against Souffs? It was perfect. At the moment Foz is calling the shots but as he gains in confidence he will step up more and more. Gotta give it time.
I couldn't recall who kicked that one,... however I was more concerned about the raiders game when we had a lot of quality field position and delivered nothing.

in the south's game we were denied field position by the refs and did extremely well to stay in that one.

I don't necessarily blame him for his attack, I almost feel as though he is trying to conservative ..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't recall who kicked that one,... however I was more concerned about the raiders game when we had a lot of quality field position and delivered nothing.

in the south's game we were denied field position by the refs and did extremely well to stay in that one.

I don't necessarily blame him for his attack, I almost feel as though he is trying to conservative ..
He's just trying to find his way in FG at the moment like most young players. How long did it take Blake Green to fire up? Keary? Townsend? and so on. The kid isn't even a lock in the 17 and so he will do what his coach wants and that is tackle, tackle, tackle. If we get to round 10 and he isn't starting to run a little bit more then OK off to the gallows with him and bring on the next one but we have to give these kids a fair go.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Media says we don't have the money to sign players, so that kills the Sezer claim. Plus Mullholland has shitcanned that claim already, as has Sezer (wants to regain his first grade spot). Raiders have nobody in replacement so he's unlikely to be released easily. If anything Austin is more likely to be let go as he struggles to get back into first grade over Sam Williams.

Cleeland - can't even stamp authority on a NSW Cup game. Outplayed by Lewis and Frawley in the halves, but because Cleeland can't play centres, Lewis is there. Cleeland can break the line, but that's all he has. 27 and yet to crack first grade says it all really. Off contract end of season and doubt he will be retained..
Frawley - seen enough to now he isn't the answer. Off contract end of season and doubt he will be retained.
JMK - I believe signed up for two years. Pay will have told him to just work on the basics, get that right before playing his natural game. Quick player, and I think when he settles in and is allowed to play more expansive and given more space he'll come good.

Until Lichaa starts giving some depth to us in attack, and our forwards start making meters, it won't matter who is in the halvs with Foran. Get some depth in attack, get the forwards moving forwards (with support for line breaks), and you'll see a dramatic change in the side and we'll start winning games.
To be honest, when Frawley played 1st grade this year stuff happened. Some good, some bad but he is an event magnet. He set up some tries, scored a couple and let a few in.

But at least shit happened.

Better than our last performance where NOTHING happened for us and we were clueless.

Half a clue is better than none.

Status
Not open for further replies.