Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is only my second post and its about lewis again. I said last week this guy can tackle and has great defence. He should be put in to replace hopa to plug up all those tries we are leaking on the right side. If he was there at the begining of the season we may be 5wins up . Excellent defensive player his attack will come in time. Play him in the centres . He made 10% of the teams tackles in isp and he can tackle all day. Great to watch isp congrats to the guys.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said in the other thread, I reckon he is too small to play in the centers in first grade. He needs to add some muscle or he'll get run over like Brad Abbey did constantly. You can get away with in the reserves, I can't see him stopping the big muscular first graders running at him. But I agree he played well today.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said in the other thread, I reckon he is too small to play in the centers in first grade. He needs to add some muscle or he'll get run over like Brad Abbey did constantly. You can get away with in the reserves, I can't see him stopping the big muscular first graders running at him. But I agree he played well today.
He is already stopping big muscular guys in isp they ran at him all game today.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He went very well today, but I worry about him being so slight in build. First graders are bigger than ISP usually.
I remember turvey was off slight build he learnt how to tackle and even though his best were last line of defence tackles he was great to watch

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Curtis scott and addo carr are small frame blokes.
Big believer if they play with heart throw them in. Size will come. He has a good footy brain
For sure has a big heart. Never gives up. We need some of his mongrel in firsts

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be on the bench before brown or Holland.
I would take the gamble and throw him in instead of hoppa. He may turn out to be a sensation whats there to lose im tired of watching our side play good then leak tries on our right side.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t compare him to brad abbey. Massive difference.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He went very well today, but I worry about him being so slight in build. First graders are bigger than ISP usually.
His playing league he knows waht his up against otherwise he wouldnt be there. We wont know till he gets a go

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would take the gamble and throw him in instead of hoppa. He may turn out to be a sensation whats there to lose im tired of watching our side play good then leak tries on our right side.
Hoppa to wing because he's carries a very strong..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is only my second post and its about lewis again. I said last week this guy can tackle and has great defence. He should be put in to replace hopa to plug up all those tries we are leaking on the right side. If he was there at the begining of the season we may be 5wins up . Excellent defensive player his attack will come in time. Play him in the centres . He made 10% of the teams tackles in isp and he can tackle all day. Great to watch isp congrats to the guys.
You want Lewis in to replace Hopoate at centre?
Surely you have to be joking!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's plenty of guys in ISP that deserve a crack, especially if that's what first grade is going to dish up...
True your right. But how crazy is it we leak so many tries on our right side and this guy was like a brick wall there in iso today. Not sure if u watched isp today was a good game

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You want Lewis in to replace Hopoate at centre?
Surely you have to be joking!
No im not would like to stop all those stopped he lets in. You couldnt be happy with that surely watch his defence next game and see how poor his tackling is.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True your right. But how crazy is it we leak so many tries on our right side and this guy was like a brick wall there in iso today. Not sure if u watched isp today was a good game
Yeah I did and I also agree about Lewis.. but Montoya needs to make way unfortunately, he has just not been up to scratch this year... Besides hoppa career best form was at wing

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No im not would like to stop all those stopped he lets in. You couldnt be happy with that surely watch his defence next game and see how poor his tackling is.
Hopoate missed one on one tackle that led to a try.
Jackson has missed three.
Montoya has let in at least 5 trys from not taking the high ball or poor defensive reads.
Yes the first two games there was an issue with the Foran - Hopoate reads in defence but that seems to be fixed last two games.

Hopoate's carries are very strong.
Try assists got the cut out pass to Jmoz for try against Souths.
Inside pass to Foran after tackle break led to Foran try on Thursday.

There is 8 odd players in the team to be dropped before Hopoate!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.